How to destroy great songs, and how to do it correctly.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Only covers I can think of off the top of my head. The Smashing Pumkins did a great job on Landslide. It's up there as one of the best but they didn't deviate too much either.

Svt4ever22

Established Member
Oh shut up. They sound good. "Oh it's nothing like the original... nothing beats the original...I still wear the same underwear from 1992 cause I'm super pure with my underwear."

Get over it. Sounds good. Eat crap.

Last edited:

olympic

Established Member
A few good ones by Leo Moracchioli:

^^watch to the end for an awesome guitar duo!

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Five Finger Death Punch just released their cover of The Offspring's "Gone Away." I liked it.

Before even seeing your reply, this thread made me go listen to that. I caught literally the last 5 seconds of it on the radio last week and then the DJ saying what it was.

Well I just listened to it and.... it sucked. It seemed like an emotionless, whiney, bitchy version of the original. To each their own though.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Five Finger Death Punch just released their cover of The Offspring's "Gone Away." I liked it.

literally came in here to post that I heard this last night and thought it was awful lol

I did like their covers of Bad Company and Momma Said Knock You Out w/ Tech N9ne

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I think Disturbed's Sound of Silence cover sucked big time. It was so douchey. He just droned on in that monotone voice and ruined a good song. It made feel like vaping in skinny jeans and getting a neck tattoo. Totally faggy cover.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Arguably the best cover ever done, exponentially better than the Beatles

I like how dark they made this song

Oon of the greatest Led covers

Another Zeppelin cover band (this is the ONLY Led cover band that was endorsed by Jimmy page and Robert plant). Led in reggae style with an Elvis impersonator front man hahahaha

Sent from my SM-G930T using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

ssssnake

Established Member
You forgot the best cover by Deftones...

Also, Deftones last 2 or 3 albums have been crap IMO. Nothing good since White Pony.

Well...I can't stand the Deftones. Please don't mess up Simple Man. I like Shinedown, but I hate their version too. If you're gonna copy Lynrd Skynrd, you gotta do a good job of their songs. Like this one.....

Coiled03

Established Member
I think Disturbed's Sound of Silence cover sucked big time. It was so douchey. He just droned on in that monotone voice and ruined a good song. It made feel like vaping in skinny jeans and getting a neck tattoo. Totally faggy cover.

Monotone? What lol? Did you listen to the whole song, or just the opening?

Users who are viewing this thread