How much $ have you sank into your Mustang?

Dasaliac03

TWINscrewed
Established Member
20k so far just in parts does not include labor......

were including labor now? haha i do everything that i am physically able to do myself, if i dont have the proper tools or the time is the only time you'll ever see anything of mine at the shop

ignorance is bliss....

Ive added up the price of new replacement parts to use on a stated value policy but I bought most of my stuff used, dont care to know what I actually have into it

I like the way you think!

Last edited:

BMR Tech

I have exactly $6743.21 into my 2004 Cobra.

Other than the suspension and IRS Bushings, it is completely modified, including a VMP TVS. Built T56, DX/Lethal Return Fuel System, LT's, Exhaust, Clutch/Fly....yada yada yada.

Retail prices would put me in the $12K - $13K range.

mcdover

Established Member
Griggs suspension, 3-piece custom wheels, TVS blower, FR MAF and TB, multiple tunes, 3rd set of rear tires, Shelby shifter, Pioneer AVIC head unit, 3rd set of mufflers, 3.73 gears...I'm probably over $20K. Wish I could say that's all I got in my truck!

Last edited:

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
I put about $7k into the '03 Cobra I had. Around $2500 in the '97 Cobra I had. And I haven't spent a dime other than maintenance on the '03 GT I've got. It's stock and needs to stay DD reliable. But I plan to install 4.10s after I find another beater and can afford a few days of down time.

Blackness03

Established Member
I bought mine already built and ready to go, so only thing i had to buy was the car. But...then i had replace/fix a bunch of stuff so right now about $3500 on top of the cost of car

Gonna need a pic with all receipts next to a loaf of bread to believe that one :poke:

:lol:

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
And those who have actually dumped all this money into your cars... do you even feel like you have used it to it's potential after upgrading. Was it worth putting the money into it? I just can't imagine dumping 20k in modifications in a car unless it was a complete track car and I got my use out of the money. For someone just using it to go to work or drive on the weekends, LOL.

jrandy

Established Member
My 03 GT I would say about $7,000 or so rough estimate. I never cared to add it all up.

I learned my lesson. My 03 Cobra I put less than $2,000.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
in the one year that I have had my coupe, I put about $6k in mods into it.

my vert that I bought new? fuggedaboudit!

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
And those who have actually dumped all this money into your cars... do you even feel like you have used it to it's potential after upgrading. Was it worth putting the money into it? I just can't imagine dumping 20k in modifications in a car unless it was a complete track car and I got my use out of the money. For someone just using it to go to work or drive on the weekends, LOL.

I feel like it is definitely worth it. I daily drive my cars, and with the performance mods i added I get that much more of a smile each time I am behind the wheel :rockon:

straightliner1

Established Member
Close to $45K "invested" on a 91GT

Dart IE 347
Ed Curtis ported AFR 185s with Jesel valvetrain
Full Maximum Motorsport suspension catalog
Show quality red paintjob - immaculate
Viper Spec T56 w/ McLeod dual disk clutch
2000 R Recaro seats
Brembo brakes
Built 33 spline 8.8 axle with 9" BB ends and custom axles

Funny thing though, it's all the little things that add up, not necessarily the big ticket items.

The list goes on forever! I refinanced my house at the time to pay for this project. BAD idea! Sold the car as a roller/project for 1/3 of what I had into it.

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
Have all the receipts in a binder with a spread sheet, but too afraid to add it all up. Probably make my stomach hurt. This doesn't include the motor I am about to build.

Dasaliac03

TWINscrewed
Established Member
Have all the receipts in a binder with a spread sheet, but too afraid to add it all up. Probably make my stomach hurt. This doesn't include the motor I am about to build.

Im in the process of putting my binder together. The previous owner had a few pictures of it that he gave me, im going to have all of my reciepts, service records, and some pics from my build as it went along...........that way its well documented if i ever do sell the money pit

2010 Red&white

Established Member
Stopped counting at $50K....Mod receipts could "fall into enemy hands" and you end up buying new carpet , furniture & landscaping !! Don't keep old invoices.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member

Honestly, no. I've pissed away close to $20k in the last few years on "unnecessary mods". I don't have any of those vehicles any more. Wish I had it all back. My policy now is a few tasteful mods and a few performance mods and call it done. When I'm in the financial position to have a NICE DD and a weekend toy and not have payments then I'll think about building a car exactly how I want it.

Users who are viewing this thread