How much $ have you sank into your Mustang?

Dasaliac03

TWINscrewed
Established Member
Plain and simple. Post up a ballpark figure of how much you have "invested" into your mustang!
I was looking through all of my reciepts last night from just the things that ive bought and the money spent on the car and WOW! Really adds up quickly!

Not including the price i paid for the car, ive got $14k worth of paperwork! Never would have ever thought that i had already spent that! But between paint and body, built motor, blower, and all of the nic-nac's..........it somehow managed to get there and its no where near finished.

Now i know for a fact that there are quite a few cars here that have BIG MONEY in them.........................but hey, you have to pay to play in my book, so lets hear it.

How much do you have in yours?

Last edited:

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I would say 14-15k into my Lightning.

I know my dad put around 18k into his Mach 1.

Money pits.

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
I've done the whole 10k-15k plus on mods before. Not doing that again.

Now, if I have to spend more than a few grand to go fast reliably, I'll just sell the car and upgrade to the next level vehicle.

Richter888

Established Member
I'd say I have about 14k in my car.

FTBR full bushing kit with deluxe toe arms and rear diff lowering mount for t-56 (1.2k)
MM tubular k-member and a-arms with all four coilovers (2k)
Eaton swap with lots of goodies (see sig)(6k)
T-56 swap with fidanza alum flywheel and spec Stg 2 clutch (2.5k)
3.73 gears (.5k with install)
Cobra r front brakes with FTBR rotors front and back (1.2k)
SS brake lines ($120)
on and on...Thanks for reminding me how much money I've wasted and I'd be lucky to get 18k for my car lol.

Dasaliac03

TWINscrewed
Established Member
I'd say I have about 14k in my car.

FTBR full bushing kit with deluxe toe arms and rear diff lowering mount for t-56 (1.2k)
MM tubular k-member and a-arms with all four coilovers (2k)
Eaton swap with lots of goodies (see sig)(6k)
T-56 swap with fidanza alum flywheel and spec Stg 2 clutch (2.5k)
3.73 gears (.5k with install)
Cobra r front brakes with FTBR rotors front and back (1.2k)
SS brake lines ($120)
on and on...Thanks for reminding me how much money I've wasted and I'd be lucky to get 18k for my car lol.

18k? LOL id take 18 for mine all day long and never look back! I dont plan to sell my car so i dont really care what i put into it because ill never get that back out of it but hey.......everythings for sale for the right price!

Last edited:

ctubbs

Established Member
I'd say I'm at about $12k in the last year. It's just about ready for the road again and then it will all be worth it......I hope.

GodStang

Established Member
About $10K in different blowers alone not including all the different exhaust setups, suspension, and of course a 302 Billet Stroker. I started adding it up yesars ago and it got out of hand so I quit.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
8-10 on my 05.

1500 in my Hyundai

300 in my 89 GT I just bought for $650...

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
I'd say $50K+ easy if everything was added up, maybe even $60k. That's since 2004 for all mods/repairs, not just the turbo buildup. Friggin money pit.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
I've saved a lot of money doing the labor myself and with friends lol. I have around 2k invested, give or take a couple hundred

Coiled03

Established Member
On my Cobra? Meh - maybe $5000? Nothing but a pulley, idler set, catback, MGW shifter, C/Os, SFCs, and my wheels.

My 2 fox bodies before this? A shit ton. I don't know the exact number. In fact, I don't WANT to know the number.

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
ignorance is bliss....

Ive added up the price of new replacement parts to use on a stated value policy but I bought most of my stuff used, dont care to know what I actually have into it

Users who are viewing this thread