How much $ have you sank into your Mustang?

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Majority of the mods were worth it, engine takes up half of 15k, but, I wish that I never bought an aftermarket blower.

More stress than fun.

cobraguy96

Established Member
over $6200 while ive been deployed and havent seen car since last october. Im torn between selling all the parts ive got or just building it. I feel like it will be worth it in the end, but as said before i could have paid the car off and had money left over for what ive spent this deployment alone

Mac99Snake

GSIP
Established Member
Right at $10,388.89 in mods/updates/replacement parts. Yeah, after my last car, I have kept a spreadsheet. I'm happy where she is now and don't have any serious future plans other than std maintenance/repair/replace.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I'd say $50K+ easy if everything was added up, maybe even $60k. That's since 2004 for all mods/repairs, not just the turbo buildup. Friggin money pit.

My 95 isn't quite this bad, but I originally planned to spend about 15. by the time it gets done will pre 30-35k because of the original shop went bankrupt and I had to redo a lot of shit they ****ed up

my 04 probably 5k total and that is where it will stay.

Dragu1a

Established Member
about $5,500 as it sits now...fortunately the previous owner did a lot of stuff that would've added up.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
I know its been forever since Ive been to any local stuff but did you ever get a good tune put on that car?

Yup, took it down south to a shop in Boynton Beach. It made 517 to the wheels but to keep the block together, we turned things back about to about 460rwhp.

And those who have actually dumped all this money into your cars... do you even feel like you have used it to it's potential after upgrading. Was it worth putting the money into it? I just can't imagine dumping 20k in modifications in a car unless it was a complete track car and I got my use out of the money. For someone just using it to go to work or drive on the weekends, LOL.

It all depends on how you look at money.

I bought a civic about 4 years ago for 5K. Tomorrow I could easily sell it for 3K, so I'm out 2K. Near the same time, a friend bought a new truck for 40K, and still owes 20K. It's worth about 20K, so he's out 20K.

So in the same time span, my dd cost 2K, his cost him 20K. If my 10K figure was dumped in my car all during the last 4 years, I would still be ahead of my friend financially.

KILRSVT

Established Member
10k into my 04 cobra not counting the car also I spent 2000 on a trailer during my small racing season lol no regrets total cost of my cobra was around 50k insane but it was fun and a work in progress since I got it .

Never_Enough

Established Member
It's not about getting your "money's worth". It's about enjoying the hobby, and spending time doing what you like.

If people didn't mod their cars unless they felt they'd get a full return on their investment, nobody would ever do it.

:thumbsup:

I have $53k in my money pit, and that doesn't include the purchase of the car. Never again will I build one with all new parts. Finding a used built car, or piecing together from used parts is the way to go. Lessons don't come cheap.

Chosyn1

I'm your Huckleberry
Established Member
2-3k in the last 8 months of having it..starting to slow down a bit and get more into my other hobbies...

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
To OP's original question:

Too much. Enough to realize that i need to sell it and find a cheaper hobby......

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I have about 5k into mine over the 12 years I've owned it. Not too bad considering it's eaton swapped, cai, exhaust, gears, tuned and makes 440 at the wheels. I know that's not a lot compared to most cars on here but with 4:30s it's sure fun to drive!

Users who are viewing this thread