How is HPP in Dallas?

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
I haven't really heard too many good things about Gearheads. All they do is mail order tunes. And a good amount of customers from them end up going to HPP to get their work redone because it wasn't done correctly the first time. I personally have no experience with them, just going off of feedback from other peoples experiences with them.
Mail order Tunes? Are you kidding me. If you call spending about 3 hours on the dyno getting my car tuned in mail order. LMFAO And the same could be said for the other shop, both will do good work if you are the type of person that needs a shop to do their work for you. Personally I use GHP to do all my tune work and had nothing but great service. Pretty soon I'll be buying the SCT proracer Package so I'll be the one doing most of the tune work on my own car...

DR281

Established Member
My friend had his motor built for boost at HPP and ended up putting a D1SC on it pushed 428rwhp on low boost... ended up blowing the motor 100 miles down the road .... my friend brought it to my work where i took the motor out and found out that it had factory internals STILL after paying HPP an assload of money :shrug:
anyways whoever you choose i hope you get treated well ...

That has to be the biggest BS I have ever seen!!! Total BS! Care to tell me who bought a built motor from us and it blew in 100miles? Or who bought a built motor from us and it didn't have what it was suppose to have?
That is a flat out LIE, no way in hell has anybody got shafted like that from HPP.
If you like your shop that is great, but to make up some shit like that to make another shop look bad is BS. You need to either quit making shit up or tell your buddy to give you the real stiry.

waydeg

Established Member

4stang6

Established Member
That has to be the biggest BS I have ever seen!!! Total BS! Care to tell me who bought a built motor from us and it blew in 100miles? Or who bought a built motor from us and it didn't have what it was suppose to have?
That is a flat out LIE, no way in hell has anybody got shafted like that from HPP.
If you like your shop that is great, but to make up some shit like that to make another shop look bad is BS. You need to either quit making shit up or tell your buddy to give you the real stiry.

Sorry to tell ya bud but that is no lie... why the **** would i wanna make some shit up ? what do i have to gain out of giving the facts and opinions ? getting another customer to GH ? and how the **** will that benifit me ? it won't, their is no reason whatsoever for me to lie.Not one.And like i said before im not making this up.I know ya'll do good work, and hell im proud of seeing all these cars come out right,but theirs some that do and some that don't.Dont let the truth hurt anything man.Argue with my Opinion... go right ahead :banana:

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
Sorry to tell ya bud but that is no lie... why the **** would i wanna make some shit up ? what do i have to gain out of giving the facts and opinions ? getting another customer to GH ? and how the **** will that benifit me ? it won't, their is no reason whatsoever for me to lie.Not one.And like i said before im not making this up.I know ya'll do good work, and hell im proud of seeing all these cars come out right,but theirs some that do and some that don't.Dont let the truth hurt anything man.Argue with my Opinion... go right ahead :banana:
Then how about details to the story? At least tell the shop.

DR281

Established Member

Selling someone a motor with certain internals then it not having them. Is not the same as saying one car didn't turn out the way you planned.
That story is a LIE, it may not be you that made it up, but it is as much a LIE as there is. That never happen. Since you know the details lets hear the guys name and I will pull up the invoice.
I know all to well how carma works, to ever try to rip anybody off like that. We have been doing the same thing for 10 years and growing every year with no advertising. It's thru word of mouth with happy customers. I may have had a car not turn out right but never a single one that was sold stuff then not get it. That is stealing. I don't do it, I know how angry thieves make me.
With as much as these motors cost I wouldn't be surprised to see someone get seriously hurt from trying to pull something like that.

03cobraFL

Established Member
Well, thank you for all the input guys. My visit was excellent and Manny did a great job re-tuning my car, it is now running very well. I will be sure to go back to HPP for any questions or problems.

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
Well, thank you for all the input guys. My visit was excellent and Manny did a great job re-tuning my car, it is now running very well. I will be sure to go back to HPP for any questions or problems.

What are the numbers? :D

99lightning_svt

Established Member
They are building my 5.0 with Eaton for the Mach and i am completely convinced they will do an excellent job. They are knowledgeable the mechanics are nice and will talk to you about the cars they are building. Manny is an excellent tuner he picked up 20hp in my car that was already tuned by someone else! With a richer fuel curve then before.

Last edited:

RedfireSVT

Established Member

that is a serious allegation, you really should back that story up with more facts. from my own personal experience and dealings with hpp i find it extremely difficult to believe manny would allow this to happen. that being said if this story were true, as a customer i would want to know. so lets have more info. i trust manny and i take my car to hpp for a reason -quality. unless you can produce more facts your story holds zero credibility.

Last edited:

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
HPP is a great shop and almost all there staff are Ford guys so that's another plus.
I'll never take my car to another shop after going there 3 years ago. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread