How is HPP in Dallas?

Bluebullit

Established Member
they have taken care of me for the last few years and yes they are moving shops so give it some time and try again but i know for my gt i paid 500 for the SCT chip and a complete tune so its pretty reasonable.

i have looked into other shops before and HPP is the best one in my opinion. ive also heard good things about gearhead in Arlington but ive never been there personally

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
If you haven't decided yet, I'd highly recommend Manny and crew. They did virtually all of the work on my Cobra before I moved to Las Vegas. Most of it was routine, but they troubleshot an issue for a month or so a couple of summers ago. End product was an excellent tune and no looking back. They also took care of my daughter's GT before I drove it to California for her graduation gift. Good luck and have fun.

The Sync

VTAK!
Established Member
i have looked into other shops before and HPP is the best one in my opinion. ive also heard good things about gearhead in Arlington but ive never been there personally

I haven't really heard too many good things about Gearheads. All they do is mail order tunes. And a good amount of customers from them end up going to HPP to get their work redone because it wasn't done correctly the first time. I personally have no experience with them, just going off of feedback from other peoples experiences with them.

4stang6

Established Member
I haven't really heard too many good things about Gearheads. All they do is mail order tunes. And a good amount of customers from them end up going to HPP to get their work redone because it wasn't done correctly the first time. I personally have no experience with them, just going off of feedback from other peoples experiences with them.

mail order tunes ? yea your retarded..... just like saying HPP does mail order tunes ... i have been dealing with GHP for a very very long time and have spent quite a bit of money with them.Travis is a good damn tuner and i wouldn't let no else touch my car.
If you have a tuner you can get your car Dyno Tuned for i believe 200 dollars their at GHP.
People always run into problems with different shops... some people have good luck, some have bad.
My friend had his motor built for boost at HPP and ended up putting a D1SC on it pushed 428rwhp on low boost... ended up blowing the motor 100 miles down the road .... my friend brought it to my work where i took the motor out and found out that it had factory internals STILL after paying HPP an assload of money :shrug:
anyways whoever you choose i hope you get treated well ...

blownaltered

Established Member

Dude don't post unless you know what you are talking about. I could give a sh*t less who this guy takes his car to, since I have no affiliation with either shop but when you post something like that I have to call you out. Gearheads does all custom tunes, they don't do mail order tunes. Either shop can do the original poster a good job. My advise is call the shops and talk to them and decide which shop you like best.

blownaltered

Established Member
Yup. That's what I said. And you might want to think before you start calling someone retarded when you can't even spell correctly :rollseyes

Gearheads, HPP, Dallas Mustang, Lonestar, Quantum Performance all do custom tunes, no mail orders. I have had my car tuned at all places, well not Quantum but I know the tuner and he is good.

Last edited:

blownaltered

Established Member
since when has spelling meant 2 Sh*ts to anyone ? really
The guy is just trying to deflect the fact he is a f*cking dumb ass, he came on here and made a completely false statement and got busted. Now he is trying to make it look like your the idiot for messing up on some spelling. Now I'm not saying any shop is better than the other, hell they all f*ck up but lets not lie about sh*t so he will go to your shop of choice.

s_x_i

Established Member
When HPP did **** up on my car, they made it right Immediately... :rockon: I'm not even sure if the part failing was due to them or not, but they went out of their way to make it right and get everything going again as quickly as possible.

I have had terrible experiences with other shops, my car will never go anywhere other than HPP... I'm looking forward to spending a great deal more money with them! :beer:

The Sync

VTAK!
Established Member
Dude don't post unless you know what you are talking about. I could give a sh*t less who this guy takes his car to, since I have no affiliation with either shop but when you post something like that I have to call you out. Gearheads does all custom tunes, they don't do mail order tunes. Either shop can do the original poster a good job. My advise is call the shops and talk to them and decide which shop you like best.

My mistake.

Last edited:

The Sync

VTAK!
Established Member
The guy is just trying to deflect the fact he is a f*cking dumb ass, he came on here and made a completely false statement and got busted. Now he is trying to make it look like your the idiot for messing up on some spelling. Now I'm not saying any shop is better than the other, hell they all f*ck up but lets not lie about sh*t so he will go to your shop of choice.

Yeah, I got busted. You probably feel like a real winner calling someone a dumb ass on the internet :loser:

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
since when has spelling meant 2 Sh*ts to anyone ? really

Since the beginning of written communication, if I had to make a guess...

I've heard good things about HPP, especially their tuning. And I heard that from my tuner, who has worked with them before.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Hands down the best mustang shop. The guys at HPP are awesome, and have taken care of my for years.

plus my bolt on pullied cobra beat over 50+ other pullied cobra's. Never lost to another stock blower one. Mannys tunes are badass!

haha tell the truth matt

03cobrarocks

Established Member
I have been to many shops... gearheads and hpp are the only ones I allow to touch my car, I personally have no preference between the two

Users who are viewing this thread