how fast is a mach 1 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

umachme

°Mach Speed°
Established Member
Serpent said:
i actually see it different, to me the mach 1 is just another bullitt, to some it may be special, but to me its just a little beefier than a normal GT. some might say the samething about a Cobra, but the difference here is its harder to make a mustang look like a Cobra vs making a mustang look like a Mach 1.

Blower Envy :burnout:

:bs:

ChuckysSVT

LS1/6 speed 68 Camaro
Established Member
Mach1 has an awesome 0-60 time.....if you push it off the cliff into the scrap pile :bash:

DIE THREAD :bash: DIE :burn:

:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

2001stripper

Established Member
WhiteTxMach said:
Well certainly not a stock, or semi-stock Mach 1, but there are some out there that give the Terminators a run for their money, both power adder, and N/A. :thumbsup:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
A heavily-modded Mach vs. a stock Terminator.....duh. Hey dynobitch, why not just say that Chuck Samuel's mustang from the Mr. Gasket Pro class can beat a Cobra or better yet maybe John Force's Funny Car.

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
Serpent said:
but the difference here is its harder to make a mustang look like a Cobra vs making a mustang look like a Mach 1.

all of this denial leads me to believe 1 thing.
Blower Envy :burnout:
Hmmm, I believe a Cobra IS A Mustang, something you should try to remember. Seems to me the 04 V6 Mustang did a great job of imitating (looks wise) a 99/01 Cobra. Nothing on a Cobra that I would envy, sorry.

2001stripper

Established Member
03ZincRcode said:
stock for stock, in the 1/4 mile, its kinda a drivers race, with the edge going to the cobra at the end. i know its sounds absurd, but its the truth. i have raced a few 03/04 cobras, some stock, some pullied. usually i will either tie, or edge out the stock ones, and only lose to the modded ones by just a couple of car lengths, 3 tops. now having said that, i am not in any way talking bad about the cobras. in fact i am thinking about trading my mach in on one. but ford did a good job when building the mach engine. and 03/04 cobra engine as well. :D

First part of your response is crap. The part about trading in your Mach for a Cobra is smart and well thought out. :D

2001stripper

Established Member
TR03Mach1 said:
Hmmm, I believe a Cobra IS A Mustang, something you should try to remember. Seems to me the 04 V6 Mustang did a great job of imitating (looks wise) a 99/01 Cobra. Nothing on a Cobra that I would envy, sorry.

How about trap speed?

2001stripper

Established Member
BmoseleyINC said:
Who the **** are you talkign too, it was me you were losing your argument with, not him. You havent done any math dickhead. Anyone here honestly thinks a Mach 1 can pull as hard as an 03 Cobra 1-2 is a complete moron, bottom line. It's a close race in that the Cobra will pull by 2-3 stock vs. stock. IF any modding begins, then it's WAY worse for the mach.You guys have no argument at all, end of story..

I really had respect for you MAch guys until tonight, you guys have major Jealousy issues or something.. seriously ,get the sticks out of your asses. :poke:

I agree 100%. I used to like/respect the Mach until I came over here to svtper.com. All some of these Mach guys accomplish is to turn you away from an otherwise excellent car. :shrug:

Last edited:

CobraG

Established Member
2001stripper said:
I agree 100%. I used to like/respect the Mach until I came over here to svtper.com. All some of these Mach guys accomplish is to turn you away from an otherwise excellent car. :shrug:

I know, that's what I've been saying. And they (Mach I owners) aren't much better on Stangnet either.
I don't know why but everytime someone mentions the word "Cobra", Mach owners come flying saying how much better the Mach is.
And it's even worse for us 99/01 Cobra owners.
I'm with you "I used to like/respect the Mach until I came over here to svtper.com. All some of these Mach guys accomplish is to turn you away from an otherwise excellent car. :shrug "

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
wow...I step away for a few days....and look what happens. I have seen posts that contradict each other, BS postings from people that dont' know crap about a certain car, and I have seen just plain stupidity. WOW.

Look this is how it is whether you agree or not.......

The mach weighs less, has better 1-2 gears, AND makes most of its power down low-mid. from a dig the mach will (given the same driver) pull at first.

The cobra is under-rated at 380HP midway through 2nd it will make up that ground and pass the mach. Best case scenario the mach loses by .35 seconds.

The reason I got so upset with Bosely (and others since) is the fact that you guys think a Cobra will hand a mach his a$$. Look I love cobras....hell, I OWN both cars. I know what is what. But, no way will the loss be so grand that someone can say "rape" or "hand em their a$$". The cobra is faster no doubt about it. But the mach (from a dig) will have a better angle. Why?? I already said it....read it again. ok, I will simplify it....less weight, better rear end, better power made down low.

I can't believe you guys are posting "experiences", stories, hell even a another link to prove which is better.....WE ARE TALKING STOCK VS. STOCK, CARS. How can you PROOVE that when you can only drive ONE car at a time? You HAVE to go off of numbers. Even if those numbers are one driver going to the track with both cars.

STOP COMPARING EXPERIENCES AND STREET RACES AND LINKS AND VIDEOS AND HOOKERS AND PIZZA AND SODA AND CANDY, wait where was I????? Oh yeah, this thread has turned rediculous.

Disclaimer - before you say I am a complete moron, there are hidden points, and a method to my madness.

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
CobraG said:
I know, that's what I've been saying. And they (Mach I owners) aren't much better on Stangnet either.
I don't know why but everytime someone mentions the word "Cobra", Mach owners come flying saying how much better the Mach is.
And it's even worse for us 99/01 Cobra owners.
I'm with you "I used to like/respect the Mach until I came over here to svtper.com. All some of these Mach guys accomplish is to turn you away from an otherwise excellent car.

Maybe it's because we are now on page 10 of this thread, so I quoted the original posters question below. But why is it wrong for the people who own Mach 1's to respond to the question? I think some snake owners are just a little over sensitive.

Snakebite2k5 said:
Can a stock mach 1 beat a 99-01-03 stock cobra??
Just wondering because my buddy with a 99 met
This guy with a stock mach so they raced and the
99 lost. buddys mods are Flowmaster C/B,
prochamber and k&n filter. The mach wants
to race my 03 cobra with mods in signature.
I shouldn’t have a problem with him right??

JMD0346

Established Member
This has become GD rediculous. When ford made the cobra they didnt say "hey lets just make it a little faster than a mach 1". "Except in 1st and 2nd of course." Also if they are so fast. Why in the hell are there no videos to show it? I havent seen one video or kill story about a Mach and a Cobra. I guess yall got tired of argueing with the LS1 boys huh? I knew some guys like that in HS. When they couldnt find anybody to fight they just fought each other.

Oh and by the way. Why is this sh1t always about stock vs. stock. Who in the fvk here is STOCK?!

Rant off! Burn me!

JMD0346

Established Member
ponygt65 said:
wow...I step away for a few days....and look what happens. I have seen posts that contradict each other, BS postings from people that dont' know crap about a certain car, and I have seen just plain stupidity. WOW.

Look this is how it is whether you agree or not.......

The mach weighs less, has better 1-2 gears, AND makes most of its power down low-mid. from a dig the mach will (given the same driver) pull at first.

The cobra is under-rated at 380HP midway through 2nd it will make up that ground and pass the mach. Best case scenario the mach loses by .35 seconds.

The reason I got so upset with Bosely (and others since) is the fact that you guys think a Cobra will hand a mach his a$$. Look I love cobras....hell, I OWN both cars. I know what is what. But, no way will the loss be so grand that someone can say "rape" or "hand em their a$$". The cobra is faster no doubt about it. But the mach (from a dig) will have a better angle. Why?? I already said it....read it again. ok, I will simplify it....less weight, better rear end, better power made down low.

I can't believe you guys are posting "experiences", stories, hell even a another link to prove which is better.....WE ARE TALKING STOCK VS. STOCK, CARS. How can you PROOVE that when you can only drive ONE car at a time? You HAVE to go off of numbers. Even if those numbers are one driver going to the track with both cars.

STOP COMPARING EXPERIENCES AND STREET RACES AND LINKS AND VIDEOS AND HOOKERS AND PIZZA AND SODA AND CANDY, wait where was I????? Oh yeah, this thread has turned rediculous.

Disclaimer - before you say I am a complete moron, there are hidden points, and a method to my madness.

Actually its underrated at 390. Im sure that was a typo though being as that you own one. By best case senario .35. You mean the best for the mach and what for the cobra? You take the best numbers for both on street tires and its more than .35. Im just wondering where you came up with that number. You even broke it down to the hundreths.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
JMD0346 said:
Oh and by the way. Why is this sh1t always about stock vs. stock. Who in the fvk here is STOCK?!

Rant off! Burn me!

I am. Well except the exhaust, CAI, Tune, DR's, roller rockers, Cam, 4:56's, Whipplecharger.....well, my interior is stock.

OK, that was a pun against people that say they are stock and actually have an aftermarket part on their car.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
JMD0346 said:
Actually its underrated at 390. Im sure that was a typo though being as that you own one. By best case senario .35. You mean the best for the mach and what for the cobra? You take the best numbers for both on street tires and its more than .35. Im just wondering where you came up with that number. You even broke it down to the hundreths.

The best I have "heard of" (which I am sure will be corrected in a second) is 12.95 for the mach and 12.6 on the cobra.

I know the 12.95 will call for the BS flag. But that is bone stock and low altitude on the best day possible. Like I said, I am sure to be corrected, but my point is, the mach is faster and more of a competition than Bosely and some others are saying. And IAMCHRIS was trying to explain that. I don't think he did it the best way possible, but I believe that is what he was trying to say.

And yes, 390. thank you.

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
JMD0346 said:
Because stock vs stock, everybody knows which car is going to be faster. When you start modding, then the tables could get turned and the wrong car could very easily come out on top, and THAT is not allowed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread