how fast is a mach 1 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJPMach1

Red 2003 Mach 1
Established Member
mach1dsg said:
come on guys, stop fighting for the small things, we look like bench racers ...., on another thougth, the net is full of videos of people racing gt's, cobras,ls1's,ls2's (now days), supras, srt4's, 350z's, bmw's, audi's, civics, dam, you name it. but what happened with the mach1 videos???? :)
is it because mach1's are driven by a bunch of old bones or what ??? J/K, i don't street race at all, maybe a casual run from time to time, but i enjoy watching this kind of videos. besides, the story gets better when you can see, rather than reading what could be a dream, or a real story...
so come on, lets move on and create another thread, this one is getting boring.
besides we need more people to represent our mach's :beer:

I hear ya, every time I'm out in the Mach, I never see anyone, 11,000 miles and only a handfull of races. But I've beat a SS, and a TransAm, a Hemi and V10 Pickup, didn't even have to work for those.

I'm going to get one of those camera mounts and go play later this summer. Hopefully I'll get some video's to post

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
JMD0346 said:
Not sure if you are agreeing with me. I think we can agree that if you take those two cars out on the highway the 106 car is gonna get drug.

I was saying I understand what TR03mach was saying. And I was trying to give you a better example. If a car is made for 1/4 mile racing, he will not win on the highway. Because the car was not setup that way. Mostly because of the gears, but my brothers 72 camaro would run damn close to my cobra, but on the highway, I bet I would hand him his rear. Because the RPMs/rear gears. He would eventaully be stuck at redline, while I keep going and maxing out my cars top speed.

I understand what you are saying as well. But the realism in the discussion is that it depends on the setup of the car. Just because his et and t.s. are higher, does not always mean he will win on the highway.

I am not trying to flame you or be disrespectful. I am just trying to better explain what tr03 was saying.

JMD0346

Established Member
ponygt65 said:
I was saying I understand what TR03mach was saying. And I was trying to give you a better example. If a car is made for 1/4 mile racing, he will not win on the highway. Because the car was not setup that way. Mostly because of the gears, but my brothers 72 camaro would run damn close to my cobra, but on the highway, I bet I would hand him his rear. Because the RPMs/rear gears. He would eventaully be stuck at redline, while I keep going and maxing out my cars top speed.

I understand what you are saying as well. But the realism in the discussion is that it depends on the setup of the car. Just because his et and t.s. are higher, does not always mean he will win on the highway.

I am not trying to flame you or be disrespectful. I am just trying to better explain what tr03 was saying.

Yeah I never argued that fact. He said trap speed only mattered in the .25 which is false. Thats why I used the examples I used. Usually the car with the higher trap speed in a .25 is gonna be faster form a roll. Of course this isnt with every single case out there. I think we can agree that it is the case the majority of the time. A car that is setup to run low ET's with a low trap speed usually gets that through gearing, suspension and traction. They are rarely ideal for a highway run. Like you say though. It depends on the cars in question. Thats whats cool about racing... There is no mold.

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
Iamchris said:
Yes, and if I put a stuffed Garfield in my car, I will even the odds...

The power that the S/C makes is included into the equation... the S/C is not a secret weapon.
STICKERS DAMN YOU, all the import guys around here say "STICKERS GIVE YOU HORSEPOWER" This is the secret and if you tell anybody We will have to kill you! :dw: :xpl:

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
:lol:
4.6 Rocket said:
Look guys. You got it all wrong. It's all about the V6. :rockon:

So I feel that the V6 owns both the Mach and the Cobra. :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread