how fast is a mach 1 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteTxMach

Established Member
BmoseleyINC said:
Well it could happen .It seemed pretty legit at the time..There were pictures of him at the dyno, the number on the screen and everything...I dunno, i''ve never seen one dyno that high in real life...but I would say that it could happen...my budd yhad a 99 gt that was a factory freak (4.6Rocket) I think he said he could pull on bolt-on gt's when his was stock.. They're out there...

Sorry, but there is not a legit 453 rwhp stock Cobra out there. Chalk 1 up to dyno error, or dyno operator error.

Swole

Im Swole
Established Member
i agree with chris and jmd. 453 sound rediculous, i mean come on. The stock eaton blower isnt that good at all. I dont think you should really compare NA Vs forced induction, in some cases you can but i dont know about this one. Dont get me wrong i love the Mach and Cobra.

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
WhiteTxMach said:
Wouldnt that make your 96 Cobra something like 4th best? Terminator>Mach1>99+ Cobra>96-98 Cobra. Or if you dont like that, you could switch the Mach and the 99+ Cobra, I dont really care. Either way you would be left in 4th place. Unless of course you dont have a 96 Cobra, you just fantisize about them. :shrug:

That's funny, because I've never lost to a Mach One in a race. 1 win and 0 losses. Funny how that works isn't it? Sure I beat the driver, and sure my car isn't as fast in stock form (except maybe on a highway chase? not sure), but I was still able to beat one. That must make my car better.

In the end of the day though, my car is still a SVT Mustang, and I am not on a mach site talking shit. And when I have my Shelby in two years, i will be mowing down machs left and right without much of an effort.

Last edited:

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
WhiteTxMach said:
Driving skills are the most important thing when racing. Period. End of story. Thank you, come again. You are right on the money JMD, but it seems some Cobra owners cant handle others taking a loss to a car with less power. Which is why you have the pissing contest you have here. Cobra owners who think there is no way a Mach 1 can beat them. (Even though it happens, even if they dont want to admit it.) And Mach 1 owners who are tired of people thinking the Mach 1 is just another N/A powered Mustang. The Cobra (all years) is an amazing vehicle, produced from an amazing team (SVT). Nobody is denying that. The Mach 1, is also an amazing vehicle, produced by another amazing team (Team Mustang). For those of you that posted rational thoughts and constructive information, thank you. For those of you flaming away on the other car, Mach 1, or Cobra, get a freaking life. Your car, be it a Mach, or a Cobra, is NOT the king of all cars, and you WILL get beaten, either by a faster car, or a faster driver. :rollseyes

I don't htink anyone is saying a Cobra can't be beat by a Mach. We're saying with equal drivers and equal modifications a Cobra is going to spank a Mach, which is a true statement. I've beaten a Mach in my 96 Cobra, does that make it faster? Hell no it doesn't. It means the person driving the Mach sucked ass and I'm a pretty damn good driver since I run 13.7's at the track in a bone stock 96 Cobra (for a few more weeks it's stock).

When you compare cars, you always assume the drivers are equal and the modifications are equal. That's why saying a cobra will walk away from a mach is a dead accurate statement. SURE a cobra could miss launch and the mach could win, but the simple matter remains if the cobra runs in peak form three's nothing a mach can do to catch it. In fact it's gonna get burried farther the longer it goes.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
I've beaten a Mach in my 96 Cobra, does that make it faster? Hell no it doesn't. It means the person driving the Mach sucked ass
My father lost to a Integra R in my modded Mach one day, thinking the car was a ticket to victory lane... I had to chase the guys back down and get them to run me... then destroyed them :)

but the simple matter remains if the cobra runs in peak form three's nothing a mach can do to catch it. In fact it's gonna get burried farther the longer it goes.
I can agree with that, sure. But I still don't think you will see much if any difference before they pass the 330' mark... thats the only point I was making originally. Only thing is, in stock form, I believe a well driven Mach is capable of edging out a Cobra for the first 300 feet... even if the Cobra is well driven.

Last edited:

STKMACH04

WhiteTxMach said:
Driving skills are the most important thing when racing. Period. End of story. Thank you, come again. You are right on the money JMD, but it seems some Cobra owners cant handle others taking a loss to a car with less power. Which is why you have the pissing contest you have here. Cobra owners who think there is no way a Mach 1 can beat them. (Even though it happens, even if they dont want to admit it.) And Mach 1 owners who are tired of people thinking the Mach 1 is just another N/A powered Mustang. The Cobra (all years) is an amazing vehicle, produced from an amazing team (SVT). Nobody is denying that. The Mach 1, is also an amazing vehicle, produced by another amazing team (Team Mustang). For those of you that posted rational thoughts and constructive information, thank you. For those of you flaming away on the other car, Mach 1, or Cobra, get a freaking life. Your car, be it a Mach, or a Cobra, is NOT the king of all cars, and you WILL get beaten, either by a faster car, or a faster driver. :rollseyes
Very well put

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
BmoseleyINC said:
99/01 Cobras and mach's are a drivers race...they are very close..

Your in a Terminator dude, do you honestly think the mach will have a chance? NO.

no there not... a 99-01 Cobra is a high 13 second car. A Mach1 is a high 13 second car with a quadrapalegic driving.

umachme

°Mach Speed°
Established Member
SVTCobra96 said:
That's funny, because I've never lost to a Mach One in a race. 1 win and 0 losses. Funny how that works isn't it? Sure I beat the driver, and sure my car isn't as fast in stock form (except maybe on a highway chase? not sure), but I was still able to beat one. That must make my car better.

In the end of the day though, my car is still a SVT Mustang, and I am not on a mach site talking shit. And when I have my Shelby in two years, i will be mowing down machs left and right without much of an effort.

The smell of education is filling the room. :lol:

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
XCELR8 said:
no there not... a 99-01 Cobra is a high 13 second car. A Mach1 is a high 13 second car with a quadrapalegic driving.

Not really smartass, I ran a 13.3 in my 99 CObra with a catback,K&N2 people inside, on street tires, very easy out of first, probly 2.1 60'. With any type drag radial (nittos), easily hitting 13.0's

You mach 1 Dipshits seem to forget that New Edge Cobras have a Motor that is VERY similar to yours, with a weight VERY similar to yours.

MY Corba dynoed 278 Bone stock, what do mach's dyno at? 280? 285?

You are right about the quadrapalegic thing though, it seems that all the Mahc owners in this thread suffer from it :xpl:

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
You are right about the quadrapalegic thing though, it seems that all the Mahc owners in this thread suffer from it.
Give it a rest already... and no charge for the period at the end of your sentence.

pottsy

Established Member
XCELR8 said:

haha. riiiiight. I guess whatever makes you sleep better at night...

Nevermind that stock 99/01's have gone 13.3's, 13.2's...they're every bit a "mid 13 second car" as the Mach 1. The Machs are easier to get to run those times because you're not fighting an IRS, but they run very similar times with good drivers. Of course the Mach is quicker, but not by as much as you're suggesting.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Pottsy, is that body bone stock? Looks different in the nose. Meh.

Nice looking anyway.

pottsy

Established Member
Iamchris said:
Pottsy, is that body bone stock? Looks different in the nose. Meh.

Nice looking anyway.

Yep, everything's stock on the body except the spoiler. Thanks for the compliment.

WhiteTxMach

Established Member
BmoseleyINC said:
Not really smartass, I ran a 13.3 in my 99 CObra with a catback,K&N2 people inside, on street tires, very easy out of first, probly 2.1 60'. With any type drag radial (nittos), easily hitting 13.0's

You mach 1 Dipshits seem to forget that New Edge Cobras have a Motor that is VERY similar to yours, with a weight VERY similar to yours.

MY Corba dynoed 278 Bone stock, what do mach's dyno at? 280? 285?

You are right about the quadrapalegic thing though, it seems that all the Mahc owners in this thread suffer from it :xpl:

Isnt it the Cobra owners that are the ones getting all butthurt over it being a drivers race between 96-01 and a Mach? :smmon:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread