how fast is a mach 1 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMD0346

Established Member
TR03Mach1 said:
Because stock vs stock, everybody knows which car is going to be faster. When you start modding, then the tables could get turned and the wrong car could very easily come out on top, and THAT is not allowed!

Thats my point!! Why argue over stock vs. stock when nobody is STOCK!(except a few) Why not go racing and get some vids or atleast some believable stories about the two cars?

JMD0346

Established Member
ponygt65 said:
The best I have "heard of" (which I am sure will be corrected in a second) is 12.95 for the mach and 12.6 on the cobra.

I know the 12.95 will call for the BS flag. But that is bone stock and low altitude on the best day possible. Like I said, I am sure to be corrected, but my point is, the mach is faster and more of a competition than Bosely and some others are saying. And IAMCHRIS was trying to explain that. I don't think he did it the best way possible, but I believe that is what he was trying to say.

And yes, 390. thank you.

Actually I have heard that about the Mach on DR's. The cobra has been 12.4 on street tires. Not common for sure but then niether is a 12.95 mach. On average If you could some how have equal drivers. You would see a half second difference I would say. I mean with 100 more hp it makes sense right?

Oh and I also think the mach IS faster than what it gets credit for by alot of people. I thought that about my two other cobras too. You think you mach guys got it bad? I dont care what you do to a mustang. There are always gonna be a bunch that hate on them. Theyve even gone so far now as to consider having a blower a bad thing. You just got to go do your thing and forget what everybody else says. 9 times out of 10 the guy talking the most sh1t doenst have anything anyway. Funny how that works.

Like I said before. If you beat a cobra or run with a cobra or whatever. Dont get a big head about your car. Get a big head about your driving skills. Becaues thats what just won you the race.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
JMD0346 said:
Actually I have heard that about the Mach on DR's. The cobra has been 12.4 on street tires. Not common for sure but then niether is a 12.95 mach. On average If you could some how have equal drivers. You would see a half second difference I would say. I mean with 100 more hp it makes sense right?

Oh and I also think the mach IS faster than what it gets credit for by alot of people. I thought that about my two other cobras too. You think you mach guys got it bad? I dont care what you do to a mustang. There are always gonna be a bunch that hate on them. Theyve even gone so far now as to consider having a blower a bad thing. You just got to go do your thing and forget what everybody else says. 9 times out of 10 the guy talking the most sh1t doenst have anything anyway. Funny how that works.

Like I said before. If you beat a cobra or run with a cobra or whatever. Dont get a big head about your car. Get a big head about your driving skills. Becaues thats what just won you the race.

I agree completely with every letter you just typed.

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
JMD0346 said:
Nah, what just won me the race was the 100 shot of nitrous, AND my driving skills! LOL!!!

JMD0346

Established Member
Cool! :beer: This discussion has remained pretty civil. Its refreshing from the normal "see who can own who the best" BS. Not to hijack but... Do yall see what I see? I mean alot of the discussions on all boards have turned into who can "own" people the best. Not who actually makes freakin sense. Just the word "own" used in that context is lame as hell. Can we get a new word please. Half the people using it probably dont even "own" their car.

Now somebodys gonna find some remote post that I made and used that word.!LOL!! Im gonna look like a dildo.

Sorry. Back to mach's.

JMD0346

Established Member
TR03Mach1 said:
Nah, what just won me the race was the 100 shot of nitrous, AND my driving skills! LOL!!!

LOL! There's not a problem nitrous cant fix! All that matters is how brave you are with it. Im not affraid to say im scared. I got a setup sitting in my garage. Everyday i have to walk by it and dream about what "could" be.LOL!

2001stripper

Established Member
TR03Mach1 said:
Why? Trap speed doesn't equal win, low e.t. does, at least where I drag race it does. Sorry, still no envy here.

It does on the highway. I race at the track also so I know low ET wins, but what if you beat a guy at the track and on the way home he wants to run you from a roll. Are you going to say, I only race from a dig, or are you going to hand him his ass? I would hand him his ass and go away knowing that I whooped his ass from a dig and a roll......this way there is no excuses. :rockon:

Last edited:

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
2001stripper said:
It does on the highway. I race at the track also so I know low ET wins, but what if you beat a guy at the track and on the way home he wants to run you from a roll. Are you going to say, I only race from a dig, or are you going to hand him his ass? I would hand him his ass and go away knowing that I whooped his ass from a dig and a roll......this way there is no excuses. :rockon:
Sorry but trap speed is still only useful at the track, where there is a finite, measured length to the race. On the street, a race may only last a block, two blocks, or wind out for a half mile, a mile, or more. How's trap speed going give anyone an advantage?? There's a difference between having a "quick" car and a "fast" car. Lots of times, the quick car can beat the fast car.

JMD0346

Established Member
You got that a little backwards. The reason you can trap lower than a car but et quicker is because of the "finite" distance. On the street like you say you dont know what the distance will be. Higher trap speed shows how powerfull a car is. Which means alot more when running from a roll. The most important things at a track would be reaction, 60' and how well you bang'em. Im sure youve seen cars setup that run (hypothetically) say low 12's but at like 106 or so. You put it out on the highway with a car that runs the same low 12's but at 115 and its gonna get ugly in a hurry.

2001stripper

Established Member
JMD0346 said:
You got that a little backwards. The reason you can trap lower than a car but et quicker is because of the "finite" distance. On the street like you say you dont know what the distance will be. Higher trap speed shows how powerfull a car is. Which means alot more when running from a roll. The most important things at a track would be reaction, 60' and how well you bang'em. Im sure youve seen cars setup that run (hypothetically) say low 12's but at like 106 or so. You put it out on the highway with a car that runs the same low 12's but at 115 and its gonna get ugly in a hurry.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
JMD0346 said:

I see what he is saying..........Are you trying to tell me that a car with 5.30 gears that runs 11.90's will "own" my cobra on the highway? A car can be setup for the low end (1/4 mile) and be a completely crappy car on the highway. It all depends on how the car is setup. Look at a C5 vette vs. a mach 1. The times are actually pretty close in the 1/4 mile. But on the highway (if taken high enough) the vette would walk away from the mach.

So, yes the quicker car is not always the fastest.....like he said.

I can think of alot of situations where the quicker car is not the fastest.

WhiteTxMach

Established Member
2001stripper said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
A heavily-modded Mach vs. a stock Terminator.....duh. Hey dynobitch, why not just say that Chuck Samuel's mustang from the Mr. Gasket Pro class can beat a Cobra or better yet maybe John Force's Funny Car.

Woah, I was just sitting here, at work, thinking about all the douchebags I talk to on a daily basis, and BAM, I see this post. Must be coincidence. :loser:

By the way, IF you could read, I never once said a stock Terminator in my post. Way to go, f'in retard.

Last edited:

JMD0346

Established Member
ponygt65 said:
I see what he is saying..........Are you trying to tell me that a car with 5.30 gears that runs 11.90's will "own" my cobra on the highway? A car can be setup for the low end (1/4 mile) and be a completely crappy car on the highway. It all depends on how the car is setup. Look at a C5 vette vs. a mach 1. The times are actually pretty close in the 1/4 mile. But on the highway (if taken high enough) the vette would walk away from the mach.

So, yes the quicker car is not always the fastest.....like he said.

I can think of alot of situations where the quicker car is not the fastest.

Not sure if you are agreeing with me. I think we can agree that if you take those two cars out on the highway the 106 car is gonna get drug.

mach1dsg

Established Member
come on guys, stop fighting for the small things, we look like bench racers ...., on another thougth, the net is full of videos of people racing gt's, cobras,ls1's,ls2's (now days), supras, srt4's, 350z's, bmw's, audi's, civics, dam, you name it. but what happened with the mach1 videos???? :)
is it because mach1's are driven by a bunch of old bones or what ??? J/K, i don't street race at all, maybe a casual run from time to time, but i enjoy watching this kind of videos. besides, the story gets better when you can see, rather than reading what could be a dream, or a real story...
so come on, lets move on and create another thread, this one is getting boring.
besides we need more people to represent our mach's :beer:

Last edited:

2001stripper

Established Member
WhiteTxMach said:
Woah, I was just sitting here, at work, thinking about all the douchebags I talk to on a daily basis, and BAM, I see this post. Must be coincidence. :loser:

By the way, IF you could read, I never once said a stock Terminator in my post. Way to go, f'in retard.

You never said a modded one either. Are we supposed to just know what the hell you are trying to say?

"Well certainly not a stock, or semi-stock Mach 1, but there are some out there that give the Terminators a run for their money, both power adder, and N/A."------according to DynoBitch.

:smmon: :loser:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread