how fast is a mach 1 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
Can a stock mach 1 beat a 99-01-03 stock cobra??
Just wondering because my buddy with a 99 met
This guy with a stock mach so they raced and the
99 lost. buddys mods are Flowmaster C/B,
prochamber and k&n filter. The mach wants
to race my 03 cobra with mods in signature.
I shouldn’t have a problem with him right??

slow98svt

www.snma.net
Established Member
You shouldnt have a problem beating th Mach, but stock for stock a Mach 1 will pull a 99/01 Cobra. They have the 03/04 Heads, solid axle, tiny bit better gearing, better cams for low and mid range.

Snakebite2k3

Established Member
Slow98GT said:
You shouldnt have a problem beating th Mach, but stock for stock a Mach 1 will pull a 99/01 Cobra. They have the 03/04 Heads, solid axle, tiny bit better gearing, better cams for low and mid range.

Thanks man!

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
99/01 Cobras and mach's are a drivers race...they are very close..

Your in a Terminator dude, do you honestly think the mach will have a chance? NO.

WhiteTxMach

Established Member
BmoseleyINC said:
99/01 Cobras and mach's are a drivers race...they are very close..

Your in a Terminator dude, do you honestly think the mach will have a chance? NO.

Well certainly not a stock, or semi-stock Mach 1, but there are some out there that give the Terminators a run for their money, both power adder, and N/A. :thumbsup:

joegt38

Established Member
You know for a fact its a stock Mach? I seen a mach with a 4.10, K&N/cat-back run 12.9 @ 104 oh a shifter and 245 nittos... Not bad but its very close to stock.

What color is this Mach and where in Chicago are ya from?

CompOrange04

Just livin the dream...
Established Member
I have a friend with an '04 Mach 1 w/ 5 speed and full exhuast and when we race from a dig I don't really pull away from him. We ran from around 70 one day on the highway, and I only pulled half a car on him up to about 120 or so. They are a pretty cool car. He ran a 13.0 flat w/ exhaust and some nitto 555r's.

DCAN87

Established Member
Machs are faster then the GT and slower the the cobra. lol. They are actually pretty fast. But, a terminator will have no problem taking it. Unless the mach is supercharged. Good luck!

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
CompOrange04 said:
I have a friend with an '04 Mach 1 w/ 5 speed and full exhuast and when we race from a dig I don't really pull away from him. We ran from around 70 one day on the highway, and I only pulled half a car on him up to about 120 or so. They are a pretty cool car. He ran a 13.0 flat w/ exhaust and some nitto 555r's.

You cannot drive then. A 03 Cobra will pull a MAch 1 hard.

Snakebite2k3

Established Member
joegt38 said:
You know for a fact its a stock Mach? I seen a mach with a 4.10, K&N/cat-back run 12.9 @ 104 oh a shifter and 245 nittos... Not bad but its very close to stock.

What color is this Mach and where in Chicago are ya from?

Southside.. BTW are you the owner of that green car in your sig?
I swear I seen that car on Archer Ave doing some crazy burn outs.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
BmoseleyINC said:
You cannot drive then. A 03 Cobra will pull a MAch 1 hard.

LOL, have you ever raced a mach that a good driver? Have you ever driven a mach?

The machs make most of their power at the bottom to mid range. The 1/8 times will shock the heck out of you. A bone stock mach can and has run a 13.0 (great wheather and track prep of course). If someone can't drive a cobra, and the mach has a good driver.......you'd be losing some money, if you bet.

Don't get me wrong, I own both cars (03 cobra vert, and 04 mach 1). In the 1/4 mile with the same driver, of course the cobra will win. But don't doubt the mach's so easily.

joegt38

Established Member
Snakebite2k5 said:
Southside.. BTW are you the owner of that green car in your sig?
I swear I seen that car on Archer Ave doing some crazy burn outs.
It was a friend of mines car, he sold it and yes he was, hes nuts he got caught doing a burnout in front of a cop on Archer...

Gotta change the sig. that cars gone...

I used to go up on Archer alot, I still over there alot but I don't hang at any of the spots no more. Too much trouble.

BTW you should take a stock Mach if you can drive decent the average driver usually pulls mid 13s in them, many have gone low 13s tho....

chuchomula

"Rehab'd Ricer"
Established Member
My cousin has a Mach and wants to race me I have a stock 00 L? What do I have to look forward to?

joegt38

Established Member
chuchomula said:
My cousin has a Mach and wants to race me I have a stock 00 L? What do I have to look forward to?
You'll get him outta the hole hard if ya hook but he might start pullin ya...

Shit every L. Ive ran b4 the blower hooked like a bitch....

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
chuchomula said:

Chris, It would be a drivers race IMO. If you loose, tell your cousin you have a friend that will race him (well, as long as my wife approve's :whine: )

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
ponygt65 said:
LOL, have you ever raced a mach that a good driver? Have you ever driven a mach?

The machs make most of their power at the bottom to mid range. The 1/8 times will shock the heck out of you. A bone stock mach can and has run a 13.0 (great wheather and track prep of course). If someone can't drive a cobra, and the mach has a good driver.......you'd be losing some money, if you bet.

Don't get me wrong, I own both cars (03 cobra vert, and 04 mach 1). In the 1/4 mile with the same driver, of course the cobra will win. But don't doubt the mach's so easily.

yes I have done both..Mach's and new edge Cobra's are a good race...

Mach's can be very fast, and im not undermining they're track times, because they do throw up great times.. but you put an stock 03 Cobra on nitto's and a Mach 1 on nittos, the mach is gonna get worked.

Properly driven 03 Cobra= no chance for Mach 1.

Snakebite2k3

Established Member
joegt38 said:
It was a friend of mines car, he sold it and yes he was, hes nuts he got caught doing a burnout in front of a cop on Archer...

Gotta change the sig. that cars gone...

I used to go up on Archer alot, I still over there alot but I don't hang at any of the spots no more. Too much trouble.

BTW you should take a stock Mach if you can drive decent the average driver usually pulls mid 13s in them, many have gone low 13s tho....

I remember him racing a red lightning.. that truck scared the shit out of me cause it was so fast and loud. anyway thanks guys for all the
info now I wont worry about the mach..

Last edited:

Ryan.K.

VOLENS ET POTENS
Established Member
Mach's have a totally different powerband than 99-01 slowbra's, and 03/04 slowbra's. they pull harder in the lower and higher rpm ranges.

4.6 Rocket

Established Member
chuchomula said:
He should win from both a roll and a dig. Get yourself a pulley and a tune and you should be ok. From a dig you have a chance if he spins bad. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread