How far can a new F150 Lightning pull a 6000lb travel trailer?

sleek98

Established Member
Lol WHAT? I guess it depends where your MDP is but it's essentially just adding a branch circuit. Most use 60s (48 amps) so #6, I think the new Ford charger can pull 80 so need a 100amp circuit but still. 4k?

If he only has 100 amp power to the house I can see that being the cost to swap to 200 amp service.

Most, but not all, ev home chargers use a 32 amp 240 plug. the nema 14-50r outlet but are derated to 40 amp breaker with #8 wire. I have seen quotes for 1,500-2,000 to add just the 40 amp outlet. $120 worth of supplies and an hour can get it done for an easy job. 3-4 hours on a hard job.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I'd take the powerboost version 10/10 times vs. the Lightning.

That was surprisingly bad performance. Terrible in fact. Much worse than I would have originally thought.

This thing is a novelty for the early adopters that just want to say they have an electric vehicle. I'd be super pissed if I bought one of these and saw that kind of range.

Blackedout

Established Member
The “ Future “

Attachments

• 45A84B2E-E382-4BA9-8ED1-4A172C389D90.png
    45A84B2E-E382-4BA9-8ED1-4A172C389D90.png
    365.6 KB · Views: 103

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Pretty awful, but let’s be honest, how many people are going to tow with this, much less this heavy. A lot of people with trucks, whether it be 1/2 ton, 3/4 ton, 1 ton don’t hardly tow anything this heavy, or tow at all. They use it to go to Home Depot or the grocery store and to try to look cool.

Do what???

lmfao. You have obviously never towed anything, ever.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Uh, I don’t live in the city, I live in a suburban area just outside St. Louis. Primarily a blue collar, some white collar families.
That sounds pretty city to me

I’m took my trash to the dump today in my F450. Totally just trying to look cool, I should probably cut my dick off and go trade it on a EV while I’m at it

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
No one will tow with this. Only two types of people will drive this. Suit and tie guys using this to commute to work and dumb kids who will put 24” American forces on it. I see this being no different then people who drive Ridgelines.

beau t

Established Member
Im not sure if any of you paid attention to the surroundings but i don't think i saw any big hills in the vid so basically if you live in the mountains the 86 miles may be cut down greatly. Did i miss it or am i correct on the lack of mountains/grades in the vid?

Zemedici

Established Member
Uh, I don’t live in the city, I live in a suburban area just outside St. Louis. Primarily a blue collar, some white collar families.

Whoosh

Was just poking fun

I live in the sticks and have never hooked up a trailer to any truck I’ve owned

Just seems like a weird thing to gripe about, like the fuel economy in that other thread.

‘Eh i like it but it doesn’t drive underwater’

Want to tow? Should buy a diesel, that’s made FOR towing, imo. Everything in life has pros and cons

bglf83

Established Member
I think real world driving at 75MPH on the highway only gets 200 miles or something.

What do you do with the trailer when you drive 86 miles and need to pull in to a charger spot? Is the power plug at the front of the truck?

olympic

Established Member
Im not sure if any of you paid attention to the surroundings but i don't think i saw any big hills in the vid so basically if you live in the mountains the 86 miles may be cut down greatly. Did i miss it or am i correct on the lack of mountains/grades in the vid?

Their trip was from Longmont to Colorado Springs. I'm not familiar with that area but I would imaging there are some hills to climb. They also state that the elevation increased 1000ft during their trip.
Untitled.jpg

I think real world driving at 75MPH on the highway only gets 200 miles or something.

What do you do with the trailer when you drive 86 miles and need to pull in to a charger spot? Is the power plug at the front of the truck?

The power plug is on the drivers side front fender so you can charge without unhooking the trailer but you'll probably end up blocking the entire parking lot doing so.

Users who are viewing this thread