How far can a new F150 Lightning pull a 6000lb travel trailer?

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
86 miles apparently! :ROFLMAO:

And a 6-12 hour recharge time, wow talk about winning. But this is the future and Ford went both feet first into it. I want to know where they are now going to get their aluminum for the F-150 and this thing from since all the foundries have now shut down in the US.

CLN 6R

Established Member
Pretty awful, but let’s be honest, how many people are going to tow with this, much less this heavy. A lot of people with trucks, whether it be 1/2 ton, 3/4 ton, 1 ton don’t hardly tow anything this heavy, or tow at all. They use it to go to Home Depot or the grocery store and to try to look cool.

blk02edge

Established Member
Pretty awful, but let’s be honest, how many people are going to tow with this, much less this heavy. A lot of people with trucks, whether it be 1/2 ton, 3/4 ton, 1 ton don’t hardly tow anything this heavy, or tow at all. They use it to go to Home Depot or the grocery store and to try to look cool.
In my town everyone tows ski boats, car trailers, large work trailers, travel trailers... etc. While you may not see a lot where you live, I assume millions actually DO. So.... pretty shit excuse to back up the EV...

CLN 6R

Established Member
In my town everyone tows ski boats, car trailers, large work trailers, travel trailers... etc. While you may not see a lot where you live, I assume millions actually DO. So.... pretty shit excuse to back up the EV...
I’m not really backing it up. People don’t tow with their gas trucks much, you think EV truck buyers will?

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Hey, it's really simple.

IF someone wants an EV, or is even thinking about one:
1) Gather as much factual information as you can for costs, usage, space, maintenance, insurance, charging station locations, battery replacement costs, resale, etc.
2) Talk to as many people as possible who actually own one to get their opinion.
3) Go to a dealership talk to salesman.
4) Talk to auto technicians.
5) Get a real quote from an Electrician for a charging station.
6) Take ALL that info from 1-5 above, and pretend you own one for a month. Simulate the daily process you'd go through with an EV using your ICE.
7) Make a decision.
8) IF you buy an EV, drive it off a cliff with you inside.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
That may be the case in your area, but where I'm at trucks are used for work. I'd say 1/3 to 1/2 of trucks I see on the road are working, whether towing or hauling materials. I'm in a rural area, though, can certainly see that being different in more urban environments.

*absolutely laughable that anyone who uses a truck for work will look at EV for any type of heavy work. Soccer moms and such will flock to it like seagulls.

Zemedici

Established Member

Tell me you live in the city without telling me you live in the city

BlueSnake01

Established Member
What exactly is the point of an EV truck if it cant even tow for much?

and 6k is not a ton.... New Explorer's can barely tow 5,600 lbs and gets criticized because of it.

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Called it lol
What exactly is the point of an EV truck if it cant even tow for much?

and 6k is not a ton.... New Explorer's can barely tow 5,600 lbs and gets criticized because of it.
Explorers get that shit because my 02 v6 could tow that much.
I think a V8 02-05 was rated to yank around 7k.

Similar theme, going backwards in the name of “progress”

blk02edge

Established Member
I’m not really backing it up. People don’t tow with their gas trucks much, you think EV truck buyers will?
No because they are faggits and will only be buying flowers. Real men will stick to gas/diesel.

Man... city slickers have such limp wrists...

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
I'm a numbers guy and I just have a hard time still seeing their even being close to a justification in how the uptick on the price of the trucks outweighs or pays for itself......At best it's wash in some scenarios, but even then I'm not sure you get there.....

I do stay interested in new technology so I thought this was a cool watch though......

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
No surprise really considering towing with my truck knocks mpg nearly in half. Taking the boat out to the lake in this "lightning" would give me just enough range to get back. Getting stuck in a traffic jam on the way back would be game over.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
$4K here, to install "properly" a home charging station for a EV.

Lol WHAT? I guess it depends where your MDP is but it's essentially just adding a branch circuit. Most use 60s (48 amps) so #6, I think the new Ford charger can pull 80 so need a 100amp circuit but still. 4k?

Users who are viewing this thread