How did you meet yer wife/girlfriend?

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Met my wife through friends. We met quite a few times but i was always dating someone. Finally after a year or so i turned up single and we clicked.

Been together 10 years, married for 6 with a 4 month old child. She is an amazing woman and puts up with so much of my crap.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I wouldn't expect the love of my life to show up in any other way.

Her
> Runs into back of lady on backroads at a fork in the road
> Wow, how proverbial
> Calls dad crying, dad says call Brett at Firestone
> Calls Brett, not there, me answer
Me
> Answer phone in sing songy salesman voice
> Hear cute girl
> Drop the voice, activate flirting drive
> 5 mins in, voice analyzer tells me I'd hit it
> Tell her Brett is gone, but I can help, I work on cars
> She arrives, boobies out in a tank top and shorty shorts looking like a hot mess
> Man part analyzer- I'd put babies in that
> Tell her it's not that bad (it was a love tap/slight bend to the hood)
> Tell her I can fix it, call her a bad driver, tell her she needs a helmet, then give her my number
> Expect no text/call
Her
> Text me that night
> Makes joke about being the bad driver girl
> Asks if my offer is still good
Me
> Heart analyzer- Derp i'm in love already
> Tell her I'll fix her car for free, but gots to go to dinner first
> She agrees, I get hammered drunk that night in the garage to celebrate

Me 2018
> Now married and trying to put babies in that

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
50th wow! Congrats. I’m a little more than halfway there at 28 years.
upload_2018-11-16_8-25-11.png

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Bob - 50 years - that’s awesome! Congrats sir!

Iron - loved that story - haha tank top shorty shorts pics or ban!

Phoenix - I’m 3 years behind you at 25.

We went to high school together but didn’t know each other. Another girl I went to HS with went to the same college as me. On breaks she worked with my wife waiting tables. Break coincided with my wife’s school breaks so we’d go out drinking...a lot. 28 years later (long distance dated for 3 years while away at school ) here we are. I’m lucky her standards aren’t very high.

Edit...and before anyone asks...no I never had a 3-way with wifey and her girlfriend.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Church! She moved here her senior year. I had no interest at the time but she liked me. I was getting harassed to take her out, so I did. First date was terrible. She said she needed to use the bathroom and I told her I could take her home so she could go there. I had her home before dark and went out street racing in the ol Foxbody.

Fast forward a year later. She came out of her shell and was herself. The preachers daughter side of her went to the wayside, not in a bad way......well, maybe in some. Lol!!!

We hung out one day, it wasn't planned and things got interesting......that's all I will say about that day, and now we've been married 11 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
We met early in our junior year in high school. A friend arranged the meeting at her locker. She was very shy so the initial meet was awkward. But I called her that night and after a couple of weeks of talking (and walking her home from school), we started dating. We still talk about our first date (a sorority scavenger hunt) and our first kiss. We celebrated our 50th anniversary this past June 22.

Here's a recent photo of THE love of my life. God created her just for me. For that, I'm eternally thankful.

View attachment 1528941

That's an accomplishment these days! You have done what some could possibly think is the impossible! 50 years!

That's awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GodStang

Established Member
I was kinda dating this girl I played soccer with. One of my buddies that dated her years ago was not a fan of her and said I have a friend that is a better girl to date. So he set me up on a blind date with her. 17 years late we are still together.

My94GT

Established Member
Had met up with a buddy to go out for halloween, a friend of his met is there but she was with a guy so I assumed she was taken. She later friended me on Facebook but I paid little attention at the time. A year later she happened to be on vacation and I liked a pic of hers, she happened to message me and we hit it off from there.

Fast forward two years we’re married, just had a home built, and just had our first son.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My freshman year in high school, she was by far the most attractive senior in the entire school.... took a break in between because I was an idiot and was enjoying college life..and boom, here we are.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Bob - 50 years - that’s awesome! Congrats sir!

Iron - loved that story - haha tank top shorty shorts pics or ban!

Phoenix - I’m 3 years behind you at 25.

We went to high school together but didn’t know each other. Another girl I went to HS with went to the same college as me. On breaks she worked with my wife waiting tables. Break coincided with my wife’s school breaks so we’d go out drinking...a lot. 28 years later (long distance dated for 3 years while away at school ) here we are. I’m lucky her standards aren’t very high.

Edit...and before anyone asks...no I never had a 3-way with wifey and her girlfriend.
Great story. May you have many more happy years together! 25 is a milestone, too. :) Congrats!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My freshman year in high school, she was by far the most attractive senior in the entire school.... took a break in between because I was an idiot and was enjoying college life..and boom, here we are.
Nick, I remember you sharing the story of how you re-connected in more detail. You're happy now and that means a LOT!

Coiled03

Established Member
At work. She was the administrative assistant to the department head of the group in which I worked.

We eventually got married, then divorced. The end.

EDIT: Guess I'm doing it wrong. You didn't ask how you met your EX lol.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member

Lol back in the day of AIM I was on one night, seeing who was on in my town.

I see her name and profile, hit her up, started talking, turns out we lived one street apart and she worked right around the corner from me.

Went on a few dates, things went well, so well that next week November 24 makes 17 years together, living together for 10, her son who was 6 at the time is now 23, her daughter who was 11 is now 28 with a 7 year old son, I’m grampa lol .

She has absolutely zero interest in cars, all she says when I tell her my upcoming car events for the year is have fun and be safe.

She hates to fly, but we’ve done Disney, Atlanta, Charlotte, and a few trips to Vegas.

I’m not much of a beach person so she and some girls from her work might go to the Bahamas next year, I’m fine with that . Like I said she never once has complained when I go on a car related trip or event.

Last edited:

Bandit5.4

Slow driver
Established Member
Funny story...

For the past 2.5 years, I'd been going to MS State for my Masters degree. While there, I worked at the local Oreillys. Last September, this tall, cute brunette walked in holding a brake rotor and old pads. My coworker asked what she needed, and she said she needed new brakes for her Jeep. Well, my coworker glanced over at me, and said "Paul here would be happy to assist you!" So, I walk up, introduce myself, and say "Yes, ma'am, how can i help you?" She smiled at me and asked for brake pads and a new rotor. I look down at the old pads, and there is nothing left, no pad material AT ALL! (0_0)
So my retard brain goes full car-guy on her. "Ma'am, how long have you been driving on these?! This is not safe!" She blushes and says, "A while now. Is it that bad?"
#facepalm
So I get her new pads and a new rotor, all the while educating her on proper brake maintenance. As I'm ringing her up, I start chit-chatting, asking her if she was going to school at State, where she was from, what she did. She was working for Campus Crusaders, a Christian campus outreach program. I asked where she went to church and she told me and invited me to come.
As with all Oreillys, we ask for a customer's phone # to track purchases. When I asked for hers, I blushed and said "It's for the system, I won't call you about anything!" Smooth, right?
She gave it to me, and I secretly memorized it in my head. Then I figured "What the heck, ask." So I asked her "But if i wanted to, could I call you sometime for coffee?"
She seemed a little taken back at first but she smiled and said "Sure!"

We've been married for almost 2 weeks now and I'm the happiest I've ever been in my life!
:D

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Lol back in the day of AIM I was on one night, seeing who was on in my town.

I see her name and profile, hit her up, started talking, turns out we lived one street apart and she worked right around the corner from me.

Went on a few dates, things went well, so well that next week November 24 makes 17 years together, living together for 10, her son who was 6 at the time is now 23, her daughter who was 11 is now 28 with a 7 year old son, I’m grampa lol .

She has absolutely zero interest in cars, all she says when I tell her my upcoming car events for the year is have fun and be safe.

She hates to fly, but we’ve done Disney, Atlanta, Charlotte, and a few trips to Vegas.

I’m not much of a beach person so she and some girls from her work might go to the Bahamas next year, I’m fine with that . Like I said she never once has complained when I go on a car related trip or event.
The car thing Is a huge plus to me. Every car guy always says they want a girl to wrench on cars with them and go to car shows. Ive had a relationship like that and it sucked lol.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
So I was at a car event in Wisconsin Dells with the guys and we go out to one of the local bars. Sure enough, there is a bachelorette party there and I end up hitting it off with this little hottie who was into cars. She told me she was married but likely heading towards a divorce, famous last words right. Well anyway, we stay in touch and sure enough, less than a month later she is filing for divorce. We figure we'll just hang out and have fun until things shake out and it's going good for a while. Well, I find out that at 27 this is now her 2nd divorce, and she starts hanging out with other guys that she says are friends. ok, whatever but it certainly seems like she's looking to play around after this divorce.

So a couple times with her I end up in a group of people a couple she knows and some she doesn't. We go tubing down one of the local rivers a few times and one day it was a birthday of a guy in the group and he was boozing pretty hard and has set his sights on one of the cute girls that was along and was being fairly aggressive. She knew him pretty well so she played it off like it wasn't bothering her but it did. I had met her once before at a prior event and since I had no trust in the first chick I decided to focus my attention on the girl that was clearly not interested in drunk birthday guy's advances. She appreciated the attention and me "protecting" her from that guy. Turns out that she's fun, doesn't have any baggage and has a plan in life. We hang out a few times which leads to getting into bed (frequently) and here we are 6.5 years later, married and with a kid on the way. Pretty old for first time parents, i'll be 35 when the kid comes and she'll be 2 months shy of 33.

For the record, original chick ends up dating a guy in the group for a few years, buys a house with him and then cheats on him and they break up. Real classy girl....

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
I guess you could say work. Met her at my first job when I was 16. We ended up becoming friends and running in the same group through the rest of high school and a little after. Shes a couple years older and moved out state after graduating. She moved back a few months later. I found out later on it was because she missed me. Eventually I got smart and started dating her. Everyone pretty much told me it was about damn time. We celebrated our 20 year anniversary last week.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I met my wife in 2003 in the 5th grade as a transfer. Dated someone else that year but hooked up with her in the sixth grade, in 2004, at 12 years old. Been together ever since. We're 26 now and have been married for six years. We have one kid and one due 12/6.

Users who are viewing this thread