~Hilton "High Boost" Overlay Install~ Lots of Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
thanks, was going to order one this week and now i know how to install it.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Thanks Craig.

I figured I would make the gauge useful again. Even though I have the Speedhut gauge, it's still nice to have the stock gauge working. I guess I was tired of seeing it peg as soon as I hit the gas! LOL...

That is the exact reason that I calibrated mine, and fixed it (was not working properly when I got the car). I also have the Speedhut, but hate it when stuff doesn't work!:bash:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Good post, Kev!

:beer:
Thanks Brian! :beer:

Awesome write up
Thanks.

thanks, was going to order one this week and now i know how to install it.
Glad this helps. :thumbsup:

That is the exact reason that I calibrated mine, and fixed it (was not working properly when I got the car). I also have the Speedhut, but hate it when stuff doesn't work!:bash:
LOL.... I hear you. I'm glad it's working now.

Great job Kevin.
Thanks Brad. :beer:

Awesome job. Always enjoyed the write ups you have done.
Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :beer:

hell of a write up............Sensei :bowdown:
:lol: Thanks. :beer:

pkarol1

Established Member
nice, i just installed my 16psi overlay yesterday along with an autometer lunar boost gauge:

0222001153.jpg

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
Great write up. Just in time because I am getting ready to order my boost overlay. Thanks Kevin

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I was going to suggest this myself. Great set of install instructions. Or they could be added to the 'How Tos' section. Definitely worth putting somewhere for future reference.

Oh, and the final product installed looks awesome. And.....it's the original! :beer: :rockon:

Good idea Bob. And I appreciate the "it's the original" comment too!
Ray H.

I agree that is an awesome "how to" tutorial! I'm not sure if it should be put on Ray's site though, because it could end up being LFP's new "directions!:rolling:

Great job Kevin.

You're not kidding about that! However I have learned a lesson about watermarking any pictures I use in the future. Maybe I should ask Kevin if I can use his, watermark them and make a new set of instructions for the original Hilton Boost Overlay. MMMMM.....now that is an idea. Oh Kevin, can we talk?

Ray H.

Awesome set of instructions and photos Kevin! Great write up! You da man!
Almost makes me want to install one myself...er...wait a minute...I already have. Well, it's time to replace my original 16# Overlay and put the high Boost Overlay in since I haven't done that yet. I'm going to need it when it gets to be driving weather here in Michigan. My 2.3 Whipple will push me past 16#s.

Anyway, just wanted to say, much appreciated Kevin. I got your pm with the vendor endorsement and have read your positive posts elsewhere as well. Thank you for bringing the Original Hilton Boost Overlays to everyone's attention. You just can't buy better advertising and product endorsements than you have given me. And I am very grateful!

Ray H. The original Boost Overlay Guy

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
nice write up, it helped me rig up my stock gauge to go past 10 psi, now that mofo sweeps...

weems

Mach Won
Established Member
What all is involved in the calibration process? I am getting ready to place my order.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Nice writeup and great pics Kev! :beer:
Thanks Kevin. :beer:

nice, i just installed my 16psi overlay yesterday along with an autometer lunar boost gauge:

0222001153.jpg
Looking good! :thumbsup:

Great write up. Just in time because I am getting ready to order my boost overlay. Thanks Kevin
No problem. I'm glad I could help. :beer:

You're not kidding about that! However I have learned a lesson about watermarking any pictures I use in the future. Maybe I should ask Kevin if I can use his, watermark them and make a new set of instructions for the original Hilton Boost Overlay. MMMMM.....now that is an idea. Oh Kevin, can we talk?

Ray H.

Awesome set of instructions and photos Kevin! Great write up! You da man!
Almost makes me want to install one myself...er...wait a minute...I already have. Well, it's time to replace my original 16# Overlay and put the high Boost Overlay in since I haven't done that yet. I'm going to need it when it gets to be driving weather here in Michigan. My 2.3 Whipple will push me past 16#s.

Anyway, just wanted to say, much appreciated Kevin. I got your pm with the vendor endorsement and have read your positive posts elsewhere as well. Thank you for bringing the Original Hilton Boost Overlays to everyone's attention. You just can't buy better advertising and product endorsements than you have given me. And I am very grateful!

Ray H. The original Boost Overlay Guy
No problem Ray. I'm glad to help out an honest vendor like you any time! :beer:

PM Sent.

nice write up, it helped me rig up my stock gauge to go past 10 psi, now that mofo sweeps...
LOL..... Just buy the overlay instead of guessing! :poke:

What all is involved in the calibration process? I am getting ready to place my order.
You just have to have an air source and mechanical gauge to calibrate it. Very easy.

thank you Kevin for a great write-up:beer:
No problem bro. :beer:

VtekII

Established Member
very nice write up kevin, i want to get the lower psi overlay, but i just feel like i have to get the speedhut gauge... it just looks so good.

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
wow great write up!

i bought the same overlay from ray in fall... when can you come over and help me install it!

96juicedGT

Established Member
That looks very good! I will be making a purchase soon!!!!

Very nice how to also! Pics are always a plus!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread