~Hilton "High Boost" Overlay Install~ Lots of Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
Looks good Kevin. I have the original overlay. If only I would have known that in the future they would come out with this high boost overlay and I would go boost crazy with the whipple. Oh well. I can always get a 3.5 bar map sensor to have my aeroforce interceptor read up to 35 psi.

chitowncobra

Established Member
thanks for the great write up Kevin!!! now i am very confident now on installing this myself!! thanks again!!:dancenana::pepper::dancenana::pepper::beer:

03mgtermi

Established Member
excellent. been waiting for this ever since you mentioned you were making one lol. mine is sitting on my desk ready to go!

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
very nice write up kevin, i want to get the lower psi overlay, but i just feel like i have to get the speedhut gauge... it just looks so good.
Get both! That's what I did. LOL...

wow great write up!

i bought the same overlay from ray in fall... when can you come over and help me install it!
Sure. Just get me the plane ticket! :-D

That looks very good! I will be making a purchase soon!!!!
Very nice how to also! Pics are always a plus!!!!
Thanks. I try to show pics that would help.

great writeup sleeper!
:beer:

EXCELLENT write up! :rockon:
:beer:

Looks good Kevin. I have the original overlay. If only I would have known that in the future they would come out with this high boost overlay and I would go boost crazy with the whipple. Oh well. I can always get a 3.5 bar map sensor to have my aeroforce interceptor read up to 35 psi.
Sell the original and get the high boost. :idea: LOL...

thanks for the great write up Kevin!!! now i am very confident now on installing this myself!! thanks again!!:dancenana::pepper::dancenana::pepper::beer:
Glad to help. :beer:

Great post !!!!!!!!!!
I've been procrastinating on installing mine,
but I'm getting after it now
Thanks a bunch !
No problem. :beer:

forcefedcobra

Established Member
I dont think I can sell it considering it has been installed on the car for years and years.

I did send Ray a PM asking him about removal of the old and install of the new. I might just do that here soon.

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
Kevin! WTF is this?! Goddamnit I all this time I thought you had the cleanest car on this damn planet and then I find out you car has surface rust! This is bullshit and you better hurry up and have that piece powdercoated to a perfect black again by tomorrow mister. Dont make me make the "04 sleepers a damn liar" thread and expose you for this blasphemy!:nono:

WTF.gif

J/K - awesome job as usual.:beer:

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Kevin! WTF is this?! Goddamnit I all this time I thought you had the cleanest car on this damn planet and then I find out you car has surface rust! This is bullshit and you better hurry up and have that piece powdercoated to a perfect black again by tomorrow mister. Dont make me make the "04 sleepers a damn liar" thread and expose you for this blasphemy!:nono:

WTF.gif

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator

WTF.gif

:lol::lol::lol:

Trust me, if I ever have to pull the dash it is getting blasted and powdercoated! LOL... :beer:

crankshaft04

Run What You Brung
Established Member
i installed the high boost overlay as well and calibrated it the same way but for some reason now when i start my car the needle drops to like 7:00 like its showing vaccum but it never did that with the 15 psi overlay weird if anyone knows how to correct this i would appreciate it its driving me crazy

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I don't think I've ever heard of this happening crankshaft04. Sounds like the gauge may be reading vaccum at idle as you suspect. Give me a call at home. My number is printed on the instructions. We'll see if we can't it figure it out.
If anyone else has experienced this personally and has an idea please chime in.

Ray H.

mrose75

Established Member

WTF.gif

:lol::lol::lol::lol: No sh!t!! The cleanest Cobra in the country and rust in the glove box? Who knew?? Skeletons in the closet!!

But on a serious note: Ray, use these in your instruction or at least put the URL on the instructions so everyone knows where to find it. Because this is where it's at. Great job 04Sleeper!!:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Kevin. Super job with the install pics and instructions. I know we've pm'ed before and you have given me permission to use these when I revamp my original instructions. Thank you again. I will be doing that at some point in the near future.
If anyone has any questions as far as installation or calibration (it's really quite simple) please shoot me a pm or give me a call. My home number is on my site Hilton Boost Overlay The Overlays can be ordered directly from there also. I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.
Ray Hilton, the original Boost Overlay guy

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
:lol::lol::lol::lol: No sh!t!! The cleanest Cobra in the country and rust in the glove box? Who knew?? Skeletons in the closet!!

But on a serious note: Ray, use these in your instruction or at least put the URL on the instructions so everyone knows where to find it. Because this is where it's at. Great job 04Sleeper!!:thumbsup:
LOL. Thanks. :beer:

Kevin. Super job with the install pics and instructions. I know we've pm'ed before and you have given me permission to use these when I revamp my original instructions. Thank you again. I will be doing that at some point in the near future.
No problem Ray. :beer:

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Kevin, I almost forgot. I think your thumb looks better in the pictures than mine too! Thanks again Kevin. I'll be in touch soon.

Ray H.

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
Great Write-up! I just used this today to install my overlay and it looks awesome! Thanks Ray for making a really cool piece and Kevin for the detailed instructions to install it!!

JymBart

Established Member
Great write up Kevin. Lot's of good photos., ....... Ray's gauge looks super!
JymBart

MikeSop

Established Member
Where did u buy/return the boost gage you used to calibrate? Does AutoZone or Napa stock them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread