Help me choose my next car...

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Again, no interest in doing any major mods. I'm buying something already done to my liking. No interest in a G8.

FTW
View attachment 1476648
giphy.gif

08mojo

Established Member
If I were going to keep a vehicle long-term, and I wanted something that can run in the 11s, I'd be looking for a car that can do that on a completely stock drivetrain. I know you say you would buy something already modded, but whether you put the mods on or someone else, it's not going to be as solid as a car with a stock drivetrain.

That really narrows down your choices:
  • hellcat charger or challenger
  • c7 corvette
  • 13-14 gt500
  • ?????

If it were me, and it was the list above, I'd go for the GT500 without a second thought. If you want a removable roof, that only leaves the C7. Get the C7, throw on some wheels, get the suspension setup right and call it a day.

Never_Enough

Established Member
If I were going to keep a vehicle long-term, and I wanted something that can run in the 11s, I'd be looking for a car that can do that on a completely stock drivetrain. I know you say you would buy something already modded, but whether you put the mods on or someone else, it's not going to be as solid as a car with a stock drivetrain.

That really narrows down your choices:
  • hellcat charger or challenger
  • c7 corvette
  • 13-14 gt500
  • ?????

If it were me, and it was the list above, I'd go for the GT500 without a second thought. If you want a removable roof, that only leaves the C7. Get the C7, throw on some wheels, get the suspension setup right and call it a day.
I might drive a GT500 just to make sure I am not missing out, but I do not think I'd buy one over a C7. Especially since GT500 is manual only. I didn't want another C6Z because why have a hardtop when I can have targa or vert just as fast & looks the same minus the badge? ;)

I have a feeling that it will come down to C7 (not a GS or Z), F-Type or Hellcat (In Plum Crazy Purple or Go Mango please) with a heavily modded wide body C6 still pulling at me just because they are stupid cheap now.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Youre considering a 392 Mopar over a new s550? Crazy talk.

I think a used Hellcat is a great idea. I was going to go that way but ended up with a new 18 GT with the auto (bad ass trans!).

Playing on the back streets ive already gone 12.4@117 with the on board Track Apps on 255 all season radials and 3.15 gears.

Ill be adding boost before summer and shit is going to get REAL.

Tough to beat for the money!

Never_Enough

Established Member
Youre considering a 392 Mopar over a new s550? Crazy talk.

I think a used Hellcat is a great idea. I was going to go that way but ended up with a new 18 GT with the auto (bad ass trans!).

Playing on the back streets ive already gone 12.4@117 with the on board Track Apps on 255 all season radials and 3.15 gears.

Ill be adding boost before summer and shit is going to get REAL.

Tough to beat for the money!
The 2015+ Charger 392SRT looks a shit ton more aggressive than the S550 IMO. But, you know, the more I think about what a S550 or 6th gen SS can do on FI, I am really thinking I'm a fool for not giving one more consideration considering an already boosted one can be bought for mid 30s at most.

If I bought a S550 or 6th gen SS, it would have to already be boosted. Not wasting all that $ myself, let the PO do it. :D:D:D I'll take blue for the SS or Orange for the S550.

Would I be happy long term with that over a C7, though? That's what I can't answer, but I lean C7 just because I know myself. Too many options, not enough money. If this damn Speed6 would sell, my life would be easier.

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
The 2015+ Charger 392SRT looks a shit ton more aggressive than the S550 IMO. But, you know, the more I think about what a S550 or 6th gen SS can do on FI, I am really thinking I'm a fool for not giving one more consideration considering an already boosted one can be bought for mid 30s at most.

If I bought a S550 or 6th gen SS, it would have to already be boosted. Not wasting all that $ myself, let the PO do it. :D:D:D I'll take blue for the SS or Orange for the S550.

Would I be happy long term with that over a C7, though? That's what I can't answer, but I lean C7 just because I know myself. To many options, not enough money. If this damn Speed6 would sell, my life would be easier.

Good points.... agree with most.

I would say you'll be bored with the c7. My mom has a shark grey 2016 7 speed Stingray.. very nice car but boring IMO! Plus you already had a c6z... a base c7 is lesser of a car than a c6z in my opinion.

Do the smart thing (like I should have) and buy a boosted s550.

Go to the "mustangs for sale" on mustang6g.com right now. There is a NEW (600 miles) 2017 6r80 car with a brand new in boxes Whipple Stage 2 kit for sale for $35k.

I was inches away from buying it... he still has it because he PM'd me the other day asking if I was still interested.

Users who are viewing this thread