Help me choose my next car...

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
It's a super-fun car/suv to drive. In fact, it drives so well, I often forget it's a 5300lb vehicle. But, that simple fact rears its head a lot and it's not one that can be changed:

• 12mpg is easily obtained, 14+mpg is really hard to obtain. It also calls for premium fuel. 21 gallons a week to drive 250-300 miles start to add-up
  • More weight means more tire wear. I just turned 12k miles on my SRT, I think I'll get another 5k out of the tires--and 295/45-20s are not cheap
  • My front brakes are nearly gone--in 12k miles! OEM parts are close to $1k for fronts only: $300 per rotor, $300 for pads. There are aftermarket options for a lot less than OEM, but I cannot believe I'm researching brake replacement at 12k miles
  • two diffs and a transfer case to maintain, and Jeep does have relatively short fluid change intervals 20-30k miles...i think, I'd have to look it up again
  • starting to see more reports of failed lifters in the 6.4 hemi--something to consider with any challenger or charger with the 392. The jeep only has a 3 year 36k warranty--I'll be dumping this thing before it ends

You bought it new I assume? I know the lifters on my dads 392(2014) jeep went bad at 70k but were replaced under 100k warranty. And then dodge had new lifters for 15/16. Never used the MDS function but still went bad. Think they went bad earlier but he was stubborn to take the truck in for bit.
Think he had to replace brakes at 40k intervals.

Yea his mileage in the SRT 392 isn't too far off from the Hellcat Jeep of around 12-13mpg.

08mojo

Established Member
You bought it new I assume? I know the lifters on my dads 392(2014) jeep went bad at 70k but were replaced under 100k warranty. And then dodge had new lifters for 15/16. Never used the MDS function but still went bad. Think they went bad earlier but he was stubborn to take the truck in for bit.
Think he had to replace brakes at 40k intervals.

Yea his mileage in the SRT 392 isn't too far off from the Hellcat Jeep of around 12-13mpg.

Yes, it was bought new. I've got quite a bit of equity in it, so I'm safe as long as the market for it doesn't crash. I still love it, it's an awesome daily driver.

CobraKid04

Established Member
C6 GS mn6. Add blower with meth, exhaust, clutch. 650+rwhp. Or cam and nitrous like me, so u can still track it.

Ls3 has proven to handle more HP and be more reliable than the LT1. Plus the widebody C6 looks sinister.

13gt500 is enticing, but they are still expensive and I couldn't stand the ride of the solid axel. Everything else out now is 4k+ pounds.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Decided it's time for something with some luxury & not on the verge of breaking or rattling my fillings out. Also decide anything with manual trans is out. Auto only. Added RS3 to the list. I'd ditch the Jetta too if I did that. I might try to find a used RS7 to drive too. Doubtful the RS7 happens unless I get lucky & find some killer deal. Do the Audi dealers still warranty cars with APR tunes?

If I end up in a vert or targa car, I'll likely sell Miata too. Having this many cars is a PITA.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

that the equivalent of the saturn sky or whatever? A buddy had one for a bit and good lord, that thing would knock your teeth out over a speed bump. We gave him so much shit about that being a chick car, he stopped at a light an tube of lipstick came out from under the passenger seat... I choose to believe it belonged to the PO

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Who let the drunk guy in?

shhhh don't tell my girl, drunk posting is just as dangerous as being drunk in a strip club

Those might having something like.....65,000 miles on them by now... =D

LMFAO that definitely true because no one wanted them

that the equivalent of the saturn sky or whatever? A buddy had one for a bit and good lord, that thing would knock your teeth out over a speed bump. We gave him so much shit about that being a chick car, he stopped at a light an tube of lipstick came out from under the passenger seat... I choose to believe it belonged to the PO

HA I would have never let any of my friends live that down, hes probably a secret cross dresser

Never_Enough

Established Member
These prices seem high
Screenshot_20180517-185142.jpg

Never_Enough

Established Member
They do not. I’d encourage you to look at the S4 and S6 if you’re considering a RS3 or RS7. The S6 and RS7 both have the TT 4.0.

Audi CPO is the way to go with these cars, IMHO.
That sucks. I thought @ArabianOak said his dealer was still honoring it on his APR tuned RS7. I got a lease quote on the RS3 & it was $1,350 LMFAO WTF?! So yea that's out. I don't buy new & a used RS3 is the same $ as a some used RS7.

Users who are viewing this thread