Hellcat With Big 4.5 Whipple

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Yea pretty much. If the blower moves enough air and fuel to support it id say 1300 whp is extremely doable and that would be 1500 crank hp. Hellcats are already making 1100 whp with Pulley, tune, E85, Throttle body, fuel pump/injectors and head work I believe.

So why is it so unbelievable to make another 200 whp with the Demon on race fuel? Sounds crazy but buying a factory car capable of 9's was once ucrazy to.

Demons on E85 only are making over 920 whp with no other mods. Start adding more boost, fuel and air and the hp climbs fast and their motor are built to handle it. How many GT500's can handle over 920 hp on stock internals before scattering parts down the hi way?

Whatever you say. I'll be waiting to see it. But I like how your 1500hp claim is now just 1300hp because that is at the wheels and at the wheels equates to 1500 at the crank. Whatever you have to do to make your point I guess.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Aren't the HC's notorious for snapping driveshafts?

And just for fun, ZL1 has about $3k in mods.

Driveshafts im thinking are a purposefully put weak link. Once that’s corrected everything else is pretty damn bullet proof into the nines.

The “only” $3k in mods doesnt really hold any weight when talking about these modern blown cars. That 3k nearly gave the ZL1 200 more whp. Its making nearly the same hp at the tire as a pump gas demon, is lighter, looked to have a 15” conversion, and didn’t have a passenger. Factor all of that in and those are the results one should expect.

Not making any excuses. The demon got beat but don’t downplay the zl1. Its a damn strong car. A hellcat with the same mods would have walked the demon even harder.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
You just proved my point. He's arguing that Ford and Chevy have nothing to offer in comparison to a modded big blower Hellcat that's doing nothing Ford and GM haven't already been doing since the 2000s. You're going to have some problems if you can't tune your new 1000+hp car. How can you justify that that is not necessary? Dodge is offering some cool ass cars for the street but let's dial back the delusions.

You said their engines are behind the curve and you still haven't explained why you think that.

Your post that I initially quoted said they are behind the curve and not as tuner friendly. Not behind the curve because they aren't tuner friendly.

I just want to know what GM and Ford are doing with their engines that puts Dodge way behind. Genuinely curious.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
You said their engines are behind the curve and you still haven't explained why you think that.

Your post that I initially quoted said they are behind the curve and not as tuner friendly. Not behind the curve because they aren't tuner friendly.

I just want to know what GM and Ford are doing with their engines that puts Dodge way behind. Genuinely curious.

It's not that they aren't impressive but do you honestly think they have the same aftermarket support as Ford and GM do? They have had a massive head-start and it shows with sales as Ford sometimes sells twice as many Mustangs in a month as the Challenger. As a preferred platform for tuners, they are certainly behind the curve too and ease of tuning plays a big part in that. You can take Ford and Chevy's basic V8s and make big power with any of them, but the preferred Dodge V8s are still found in their SRT lineup. What Dodge has done well is widen their SRT lineup so much that they are pretty easily attainable, but still not as cheap, as the manual Challenger 392 stickers for $49,495 while the manual Mustang GT stickers at $35,190 and SS at $41,280. If you were told to do a build, making the best performing of the three options at the cheapest possible, would you really choose the Challenger over the Mustang or Camaro? That was the point I was trying to make and why I said Dodge is behind the curve because Chevy and Ford are neck and neck while Dodge is off doing their own thing. I'm not saying it is completely bad, but in comparison I don't think they can match the other two.

Rob_03Mach

Established Member
I'll be the first to say I really wish I had a Hellcat in my garage. When I saw this Cat had a 4.5 Whipple and trapped 144mph, I was pretty proud of my ole girl trapping the same mph @ Cecil with a little old Ford Racing TVS I've had since 2008.......

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I'll be the first to say I really wish I had a Hellcat in my garage. When I saw this Cat had a 4.5 Whipple and trapped 144mph, I was pretty proud of my ole girl trapping the same mph @ Cecil with a little old Ford Racing TVS I've had since 2008.......

That never happened because Ford doesn't have anything like that.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Jefe

Established Member
Fastest Hellcats on facebook

29340020_10215201335377134_1110471551091736576_o.jpg

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Dude if think a broken driveshaft makes ur car "Unreliable" then Id say u have very little experience in driving fast cars.... 1300 whp will absolutely happen with a Demon. Sorry if that hurts ur feelings.
Yup, I have no experience with fast cars, so I'll defer to your expertise of 1500hp and 1300hp Demons that don't exist and "bullet proof cars" that have a known weak link...

Driveshafts im thinking are a purposefully put weak link. Once that’s corrected everything else is pretty damn bullet proof into the nines.

The “only” $3k in mods doesnt really hold any weight when talking about these modern blown cars. That 3k nearly gave the ZL1 200 more whp. Its making nearly the same hp at the tire as a pump gas demon, is lighter, looked to have a 15” conversion, and didn’t have a passenger. Factor all of that in and those are the results one should expect.

Not making any excuses. The demon got beat but don’t downplay the zl1. Its a damn strong car. A hellcat with the same mods would have walked the demon even harder.
It holds weight, because of technology. As cars get more efficient and more powerful, the "only $3k" will always come into play one way or another.

Demon runs damn strong, and shouldn't be discounted. When people put a car on a pedestal, you can't be surprised when everyone comes gunning for it. With so many options, everyone wants to knock out the top dog. Hell my next rounds should have me beating a Demon. It's more fun to beat the fastest instead of buy the fastest and hope it's enough.

It’s because it went from “wow that’s a huge blower” to “Ford doesn’t have this or that”.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
I'm shocked no one has mentioned a foxbody with a turbo yet, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread