Hellcat With Big 4.5 Whipple

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
lol I know right that thing is massive! Just crazy what can be done to a stock car these days with just a few bolt ons.

Sure would be nice to see Ford making 1000+ hp capable engines for their production cars so all u had to worry about is the bolt ons. I wonder what that motor can hold for power? I bet close to 1200 hp if not better.

jesus christ...while it's technically just a blower swap...HOLYSHIT that thing is ****ing monster! More like Igloo Cooler Swap...

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
lol I know right that thing is massive! Just crazy what can be done to a stock car these days with just a few bolt ons.

Sure would be nice to see Ford making 1000+ hp capable engines for their production cars so all u had to worry about is the bolt ons. I wonder what that motor can hold for power? I bet close to 1200 hp if not better.

Seriously. They just have this thing called the mod motor but I hear it sucks pretty bad.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
So what Ford can I go buy right now that can handle the HP the Hellcat or Demon can handle?

Pretty much any mod motor. Dodge is way behind the curve to Ford and GM when it comes to motors and they aren't even as close to as tuner friendly.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
Pretty much any mod motor. Dodge is way behind the curve to Ford and GM when it comes to motors and they aren't even as close to as tuner friendly.

Uhhh...wut? What exactly makes them way behind the curve?

Being tuner friendly isn't a priority for them and why should it be? In fact they went through the trouble to lock the computer on the first 6.4 cars. It took tuners a long time to get tuning ability on those cars.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Ford and Chevy have capable engines for sure.

What they don't have is capable vehicles when shopping for a sedan or SUV(Charger/GC) respectively when it comes to power. Shame the SS was Chevy's bastard child and we never got the Supercharged version.
But that's besides this topic.

Zemedici

Established Member

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Ford and Chevy have capable engines for sure.

What they don't have is capable vehicles when shopping for a sedan or SUV(Charger/GC) respectively when it comes to power. Shame the SS was Chevy's bastard child and we never got the Supercharged version.
But that's besides this topic.

That’s the mind boggling thing, no rwd sedans out of either. Chevy didn’t seem interested in selling the Chevy SS, there was no marketing campaign or any marketing collateral for that car...why even bring it over if you didn’t want it here to sell. The crown Vic was an exceptional seller and really could have been killer with power train update, stying refresh etc.

I have heard people claim there is no market for these cars, bullshit, Dodge sells the shit out of Chargers/300s...

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
That’s the mind boggling thing, no rwd sedans out of either. Chevy didn’t seem interested in selling the Chevy SS, there was no marketing campaign or any marketing collateral for that car...why even bring it over if you didn’t want it here to sell. The crown Vic was an exceptional seller and really could have been killer with power train update, stying refresh etc.

I have heard people claim there is no market for these cars, bullshit, Dodge sells the shit out of Chargers/300s...

At least they could of put the LT1 engine in the SS too and not the LS3...

Piss poor execution by Chevy, cause those SS's had great potential. RWD, mean sounding V8, manual, etc...

Yea, been looking at adding a 392 charger to the stable. Can't beat a low 12 second sedan for a hair over 40k new.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
At least they could of put the LT1 engine in the SS too and not the LS3...

Piss poor execution by Chevy, cause those SS's had great potential. RWD, mean sounding V8, manual, etc...

Yea, been looking at adding a 392 charger to the stable. Can't beat a low 12 second sedan for a hair over 40k new.

exactly! My wife has been busting my balls about picking up a 4 door, the scat/392 charger is definitely in the running and pretty much top of the list...I just can't bring myself to buy foreign and the new cts-v is out of my ballpark. The 392 cars are an exceptional deal, nearly 500 hp@sub 40k! No one else can touch that.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
My brother picked up a Scat Pack Charger right before Christmas. That thing is a monster. It catches most people off guard. It is a 4 door, RWD grocery better.

He got rid of his Mustang because it was too small. Now he has a land yacht that has the ability to outperform his 2014 Mustang.

I call that impressive.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Boss's S550 was at 1000rwhp for over a year and a half....stock motor / trans.

The mod motors are stout, wish they came factory with a blower.....
Impossible, mod motors can't do that, lol.

Ford seems to be dedicated to the smaller EcoBoost, but surely they are aware of all the 5.0 owners (stang and truck) throwing on blowers/turbos and making great power. Hellcats are almost as common as Mustangs and Camaros, so there is clearly a market.

GM did the same thing with the G8, I don't recall anything in the way or marketing, GTO either.

I don't go a single day without seeing 5-10 Chargers/Challengers/300's in a state that sees snow. People still enjoy big RWD sedans/coupes. Wish we had more options.

R1Lello

Established Member
So OP thinks 1000+hp with a 4.5 Whipple and 9.70s is impressive but a stock 560hp and a 10.30s is not?

Complete agree - what's impressive? - 4500 lbs running high 9's ? but it takes 1000+ hp to do it. Heavy and lots of hp breaks parts. No one is impressed with 500 hp in a 3000 car anymore? LOL Sad but true.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Im talking about a daily driver like the Hellcat? Which I'm betting will withstand close to 1500 hp on the stock motor. I really doubt any daily driver Ford makes will touch that.

Shit, Hennessey is already offering 1500 hp packages for the Demon with no internal mods. Im sure thats not wheel hp but nonetheless its 1500 crank hp.

Talking ET or hp number?
5.0's have done it plenty.
http://www.fordmuscle.com/news/snow-whitte-runs-8-68-with-stock-engine-and-stock-transmission/
TT kit is seeing over 800 at the wheels last time I looked.

6.2 LSA has plenty making over 1000rwhp on stock longblock, LT4 has done this too.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
exactly! My wife has been busting my balls about picking up a 4 door, the scat/392 charger is definitely in the running and pretty much top of the list...I just can't bring myself to buy foreign and the new cts-v is out of my ballpark. The 392 cars are an exceptional deal, nearly 500 hp@sub 40k! No one else can touch that.

Yup. I think I prefer the Daytona 392 the most out of their NA lineup.
Order the 21Y option to get the 6 piston brembos and 275's on a 20x9.5 wheel.

Anywho, to be more on topic those hellcat engines are stout. Glad that Fiat/Dodge is throwing them in almost everything.

Users who are viewing this thread