Hellcat With Big 4.5 Whipple

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Ummm definitely the 4500 lb car that u can get groceries with while dropping the family off at the mall all under a factory warranty!

Who is breaking parts on a Hellcat? No one is cause the motor and supporting parts can probably handle close to 1.5 times the power it makes stock so the Hellcat is way more impressive and who makes a 3000 lb car that makes 500 hp?

Complete agree - what's impressive? - 4500 lbs running high 9's ? but it takes 1000+ hp to do it. Heavy and lots of hp breaks parts. No one is impressed with 500 hp in a 3000 car anymore? LOL Sad but true.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Im talking about a daily driver like the Hellcat? Which I'm betting will withstand close to 1500 hp on the stock motor. I really doubt any daily driver Ford makes will touch that.

Shit, Hennessey is already offering 1500 hp packages for the Demon with no internal mods. Im sure thats not wheel hp but nonetheless its 1500 crank hp.
Ummm definitely the 4500 lb car that u can get groceries with while dropping the family off at the mall all under a factory warranty!

Who is breaking parts on a Hellcat? No one is cause the motor and supporting parts can probably handle close to 1.5 times the power it makes stock so the Hellcat is way more impressive and who makes a 3000 lb car that makes 500 hp?

Plenty of daily driven 9 second 5.0's, and 1000+hp LSA's....

Hennessey is your benchmark? LOL, only thing you get from them is going to be a shell of your car after hat thief steals everything off it. He isn't exactly known for delivering on his claims.

Aren't the HC's notorious for snapping driveshafts?

And just for fun, ZL1 has about $3k in mods.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Hennessey a benchmark? lmao..... hardly but my point is does any Ford DD have a motor that will handle 1500 hp? There are ZERO DD 5.0's from the factory going 9's. Yea the HC has had some DS's snap but who cares u get a free one when it does.

The ZL1 is awesome no doubt one of my favorite new cars but I don't see the stock motor handling much more then a 1000 hp.

Plenty of daily driven 9 second 5.0's, and 1000+hp LSA's....

Hennessey is your benchmark? LOL, only thing you get from them is going to be a shell of your car after hat thief steals everything off it. He isn't exactly known for delivering on his claims.

Aren't the HC's notorious for snapping driveshafts?

And just for fun, ZL1 has about $3k in mods.

Last edited:

R1Lello

Established Member
so in summary so far on youtube.............demon slaughtered by P100D consistently and a ZL1 with $3k mods. Hmmm......need Dr. Bernstein

Last edited:

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
I don't go a single day without seeing 5-10 Chargers/Challengers/300's in a state that sees snow. People still enjoy big RWD sedans/coupes. Wish we had more options.

Exactly. And with the safety technology these days (stability control) you can get by just fine even without a dedicated snow tire. We bought a 2011 300C rwd new a few years ago. That car did amazing in the snow with just the stock all seasons. I was quite impressed.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Mopar is killing it ... plain and simple. Good for them.

Side note.. I was in a buddy's new SRT Cherokee last week (392 truck.. not the trackhawk). This thing was bright white with black wheels and the blood red interior.

WOW was it nice. The interior was amazing! Soft touch everywhere. Suede roof liner and all.

Amazing work coming out of Dodge lately.

Last edited:

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Hennessey a benchmark? lmao..... hardly but my point is does any Ford DD have a motor that will handle 1500 hp? There are ZERO DD 5.0's from the factory going 9's. Yea the HC has had some DS's snap but who cares u get a free one when it does.

The ZL1 is awesome no doubt one of my favorite new cars but I don't see the stock motor handling much more then a 1000 hp.
You referenced Hennessey, and my point is they "claim" a 1500hp package, but I am 75% sure not one will roll out and perform or live up to that. You're referencing a known con artist to justify, so throw away the 1500hp nonsense.

HC owners are going aftermarket driveshafts because it can't handle launches, that kind of negates the "they don't break" argument.

So wait, we're talking 100% OEM now for running 9's? You do realize you're going on about the subject car of this thread with a giant aftermarket blower...right? You can DD a whipple 5.0 or a Hellion car just fine.

Why do you say 1000hp is the limit? Fun fact, there's some TT CTS-V's with the LSA making over 1000rwhp and living.

Also I feel the need to ask, are you debating dyno queen power numbers or actual performance? Because honestly 1000hp doesn't matter if every lightly modded ZL1, Z06, etc can own you.

Exactly. And with the safety technology these days (stability control) you can get by just fine even without a dedicated snow tire. We bought a 2011 300C rwd new a few years ago. That car did amazing in the snow with just the stock all seasons. I was quite impressed.
If I remember right, 2020 Ford is supposed to bring back the Lincoln Mark series. I loved my 8, and really want to see a RWD 9, I'd even settle for a 5.0 because of aftermarket power adder options.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Mopar is killing it ... plain and simple. Good for them.

Side note.. I was in a buddy's new SRT Cherokee last week (392 truck.. not the trackhawk). This thing was bright white with black wheels and the blood red interior.

WOW was it nice. The interior was amazing! Soft touch everywhere. Suede roof liner and all.

Amazing work coming out of Dodge lately.

sounds like your buddy got the sugar walls interior package :D...

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
U really think Hennessey is the only shop thats gonna offer 1500 hp packages? Hardly! If breaking a Driveshaft is the only part on my car that goes and I get a free one when it does then id say the car in general "Doesn't break" if thats the only part going. Shit, that was one of my first mods.

Yea true the Cadi is badass and their motors are stout. Im not saying one can't DD a whipple car or Turbo car but I'm saying they don't come form the factory that way but so what I guess.

In the end its a modified car just like the factory modifies shit I guess the only real advantage is the warranty but once u start tweaking shit that will likely go away anyway but having a low 10 second car with a warranty is pretty kool I guess especially if its ur DD.

You referenced Hennessey, and my point is they "claim" a 1500hp package, but I am 75% sure not one will roll out and perform or live up to that. You're referencing a known con artist to justify, so throw away the 1500hp nonsense.

HC owners are going aftermarket driveshafts because it can't handle launches, that kind of negates the "they don't break" argument.

So wait, we're talking 100% OEM now for running 9's? You do realize you're going on about the subject car of this thread with a giant aftermarket blower...right? You can DD a whipple 5.0 or a Hellion car just fine.

Why do you say 1000hp is the limit? Fun fact, there's some TT CTS-V's with the LSA making over 1000rwhp and living.

Also I feel the need to ask, are you debating dyno queen power numbers or actual performance? Because honestly 1000hp doesn't matter if every lightly modded ZL1, Z06, etc can own you.

If I remember right, 2020 Ford is supposed to bring back the Lincoln Mark series. I loved my 8, and really want to see a RWD 9, I'd even settle for a 5.0 because of aftermarket power adder options.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Uhhh...wut? What exactly makes them way behind the curve?

Being tuner friendly isn't a priority for them and why should it be? In fact they went through the trouble to lock the computer on the first 6.4 cars. It took tuners a long time to get tuning ability on those cars.

You just proved my point. He's arguing that Ford and Chevy have nothing to offer in comparison to a modded big blower Hellcat that's doing nothing Ford and GM haven't already been doing since the 2000s. You're going to have some problems if you can't tune your new 1000+hp car. How can you justify that that is not necessary? Dodge is offering some cool ass cars for the street but let's dial back the delusions.

U really think Hennessey is the only shop thats gonna offer 1500 hp packages? Hardly! If breaking a Driveshaft is the only part on my car that goes and I get a free one when it does then id say the car in general "Doesn't break" if thats the only part going. Shit, that was one of my first mods.

Yea true the Cadi is badass and their motors are stout. Im not saying one can't DD a whipple car or Turbo car but I'm saying they don't come form the factory that way but so what I guess.

In the end its a modified car just like the factory modifies shit I guess the only real advantage is the warranty but once u start tweaking shit that will likely go away anyway but having a low 10 second car with a warranty is pretty kool I guess especially if its ur DD.

No one is offering or at least advertising a 1500hp package because it isn't realistic. If the cars can't even put down 700-800hp on the street then what good is doubling that number going to do for you? And you said with no upgraded internals? I don't know everything about the Hellcats so maybe they have all forged internals from the factory, but if not then I call bullshit on that claim. You're trying to suggest you can just take a Hellcat and throw a big blower and fuel at it and voila... 1500hp daily driver lol.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
For the record my shop turns out 1000+whp hellcats every week, and they are definitely daily driveable, very very tame until you hit the skinny pedal.

And I’m not going to get into the 1500hp debate, just remember what shop we’re talking about here....

I know your shop is legit! I wouldn't even trust Hennessy to tune my lawnmower, let alone a Hellcat! I am sure their press cars are ok, but customer cars are another story for another thread.

R1Lello

Established Member
For the record my shop turns out 1000+whp hellcats every week, and they are definitely daily driveable, very very tame until you hit the skinny pedal.

And I’m not going to get into the 1500hp debate, just remember what shop we’re talking about here....

.........any pedal in that car looks skinny :)

Last edited:

ram150

USMC veteran
Established Member
I know your shop is legit! I wouldn't even trust Hennessy to tune my lawnmower, let alone a Hellcat! I am sure their press cars are ok, but customer cars are another story for another thread.

Hey guys I got my car back from Hennessy, got the new windshield mod!!!!....

9DEF9027-FFCD-471E-B5CC-4A3F441E52A0.jpeg

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Right now they're the only ones making this claim, and you keep parroting it. So yeah, they're the only ones...

So wait, snapping a driveshaft and rendering the car inoperable still qualifies as "doesn't break". Cool, if my engine lets loose, well everything else works, so it doesn't break either.

You have to be trolling...
This HC doesn't come from the factory with this monster ass blower either, which was the entire topic. You keep combining stock and modified examples, in a hodgepodge of an argument.

Factories build/redesign, they don't really modify, but okay. Back to the combining stock and modified, really need to pick one of the two and debate it, because again the car in the OP has zero warranty.

You aren't working on a top secret 2500hp bolt on Demon kit? What kind of chicken shit is this!

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Yea pretty much. If the blower moves enough air and fuel to support it id say 1300 whp is extremely doable and that would be 1500 crank hp. Hellcats are already making 1100 whp with Pulley, tune, E85, Throttle body, fuel pump/injectors and head work I believe.

So why is it so unbelievable to make another 200 whp with the Demon on race fuel? Sounds crazy but buying a factory car capable of 9's was once ucrazy to.

Demons on E85 only are making over 920 whp with no other mods. Start adding more boost, fuel and air and the hp climbs fast and their motor are built to handle it. How many GT500's can handle over 920 hp on stock internals before scattering parts down the hi way?

No one is offering or at least advertising a 1500hp package because it isn't realistic. If the cars can't even put down 700-800hp on the street then what good is doubling that number going to do for you? And you said with no upgraded internals? I don't know everything about the Hellcats so maybe they have all forged internals from the factory, but if not then I call bullshit on that claim. You're trying to suggest you can just take a Hellcat and throw a big blower and fuel at it and voila... 1500hp daily driver lol.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Dude if think a broken driveshaft makes ur car "Unreliable" then Id say u have very little experience in driving fast cars.... 1300 whp will absolutely happen with a Demon. Sorry if that hurts ur feelings.

Right now they're the only ones making this claim, and you keep parroting it. So yeah, they're the only ones...

So wait, snapping a driveshaft and rendering the car inoperable still qualifies as "doesn't break". Cool, if my engine lets loose, well everything else works, so it doesn't break either.

You have to be trolling...
This HC doesn't come from the factory with this monster ass blower either, which was the entire topic. You keep combining stock and modified examples, in a hodgepodge of an argument.

Factories build/redesign, they don't really modify, but okay. Back to the combining stock and modified, really need to pick one of the two and debate it, because again the car in the OP has zero warranty.

You aren't working on a top secret 2500hp bolt on Demon kit? What kind of chicken shit is this!

Users who are viewing this thread