HellCat vs.,Ford

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I am waiting for the first owner of a "Hellcat" to roll onto a dyno and try to explain why it's only putting down 585 to the wheels.

38 less than the 03 Cobra that was just run.:-D

it will probably be in the episode where Top Gear tests it :D

SC Heaven

Red Whine
Established Member
I watched Richard Rawlings run a 12.1 @ 118 in the altitude of Denver on a very hot day.

I keep hearing this. Are we talking Richard Rawlings of Gas Monkey / Fast and Loud fame? I get he is a car guy, but seems like an odd choice to be representing the car at the strip. Unless I am seriously missing something. :shrug:

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I always thought the Challenger looked badass and it's actually my son's favorite car so we have posters up in the basement of Challengers as well as Cobras :) But now that there's actually a kick ass version of the Challenger with some real power sporting a blower and all the other cool technology they've packed in the car it's a total win. Yes it has some weight but they say it rides like a champ.
I mean a full creature comforts daily driver with a full usable back seat and 700 HP that will blow away 95% of what you run into on the streets. It's a win win. I'll certainly be looking to add one of these to the garage if funding allows.

Flad

Wanting
Established Member
and all for $56k, with 3 year warranty, seems like a bad ass car.
They definitely are going in the right direction.
Also the auto option is a great marketing deal...alot of us older guys can't bang those gears as we used to.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I keep hearing this. Are we talking Richard Rawlings of Gas Monkey / Fast and Loud fame? I get he is a car guy, but seems like an odd choice to be representing the car at the strip. Unless I am seriously missing something. :shrug:

Yes, marketing 101.

03redfirevert.

coyote eater
Established Member
Fixed it

I love these posts. Car wars!! Being an owner of a 14 Shelby I could care less if the hellcat is faster or has more HP than my Shelby. No matter how fast it is or how much HP is has there's one thing it's not......A FORD. And as an argument point everyone should agree that with 662hp the Shelby should be in the 10s stock but it's not. The cars are 2 different cars. The Shelby is a 200mph car, the hellcat isn't. The hellcat has an 8sp tranny, the Shelby has 6 with 331s. That alone will make a difference. I think it's great the hellcat is out especially since my tax money helped develop it.

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
i'm just waiting to kill my first Hellcat.... other than that, i actually really like the car!

Stage 4.6

Established Member

Yep that's him. From what I was told its his car?

I always thought the Challenger looked badass and it's actually my son's favorite car so we have posters up in the basement of Challengers as well as Cobras :) But now that there's actually a kick ass version of the Challenger with some real power sporting a blower and all the other cool technology they've packed in the car it's a total win. Yes it has some weight but they say it rides like a champ.
I mean a full creature comforts daily driver with a full usable back seat and 700 HP that will blow away 95% of what you run into on the streets. It's a win win. I'll certainly be looking to add one of these to the garage if funding allows.

Exactly how I feel, my old as$ love those creature comforts, but don't get me wrong Iam a diehard Mustang and don't see me getting rid of my mystichrome any time soon especially since I just had a KB 2.6H installed this week (pending tune). But the Challenger is a great looking car and now its making some serious power to go with.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
It took dodge a long time but they finally joined the crowd. I know it ran an 10.8x with R.R. but didn't it also run like a 13 flat in Charlotte? Its good they are FINALLY making some horsepower now but I think a lot of hellcat owners are going to get their feelings hurt.

I'm not a Dodge fan at all btw. lol

SlowSVT

Established Member
Dodge took an E body car and made it into a B body car and having owned/driven both:

same weight

same wheelbase

same result

In a corner I'm sure it has all the grace of an overpowered Greyhound bus!

Talked to a few guys at Erwindale about the Challengers (one was sporting a Whipple). I did not detect any real enthusiasm from the owners about their car nor did any of them have that smirky grin on their face :nonono: I'm glad Chrysler is building it I just wouldn't want to own one.

Challenger72340RalleyRusss1984_zpsf097fbd5.jpg

Last edited:

Stage 4.6

Established Member
It took dodge a long time but they finally joined the crowd. I know it ran an 10.8x with R.R. but didn't it also run like a 13 flat in Charlotte? Its good they are FINALLY making some horsepower now but I think a lot of hellcat owners are going to get their feelings hurt.

I'm not a Dodge fan at all btw. lol

The 1/4 mile numbers can definitely fluctuate depending on the driver mod behind the steering wheel, I've seen many terminator cobras and GT500s run some embarrassing 14s and others run impressive low 11s to high 10s depending on the mods.
Iam not bias and I like all different types of musclecars, the Challenger is definitely a sexy looking ride, and everything is not about going in a straight line.

BTW ":getTwisted" from another mystichrome owner, your mystic sig looks awesome! You really only have 8xxx miles? If so? You my friend need to drive that bad boy more often :burnout:

Last edited:

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
The 1/4 mile numbers can definitely fluctuate depending on the driver mod behind the steering wheel, I've seen many terminator cobras and GT500s run some embarrassing 14s and others run impressive low 11s to high 10s depending on the mods.
Iam not bias and I like all different types of musclecars, the Challenger is definitely a sexy looking ride, and everything is not about going in a straight line.

BTW ":getTwisted" from another mystichrome owner, your mystic sig looks awesome! You really only have 8xxx miles? If so? You my friend need to drive that bad boy more often :burnout:

Thank you, and yes it has just over 8400 on it now.

Ponyracer1

Established Member
I think its an amazing time to be alive honestly. The second coming of the ponycar wars. I don't care who wins, the point is it's here now and we're right in the middle of it. Like 1969 all over again!

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
I think its an amazing time to be alive honestly. The second coming of the ponycar wars. I don't care who wins, the point is it's here now and we're right in the middle of it. Like 1969 all over again!

Not exactly. A 1969 challenger or charger with big block costed 4000-4500 out the door. With inflation that's like 30k. So its really not the same when it comes to back when it was cheap to buy the best muscle cars, granted these are far superior which they should be.

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
[youtube_browser]syXAqvzWZhM[/youtube_browser]

hellcatslip.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread