gto VS 3valve

06blackgto

Established Member
Im new to the site, just saying good kill. One thing I have observed after reading all these pages, is the gto. For it to put down that kind of power and to only trap 108 I must also agree that there is something wrong with his car/setup. It should be trapping close to 115mph. Just a observation.

clc44

Established Member
Im new to the site, just saying good kill. One thing I have observed after reading all these pages, is the gto. For it to put down that kind of power and to only trap 108 I must also agree that there is something wrong with his car/setup. It should be trapping close to 115mph. Just a observation.

I agree, I bought the car the way it sits. I'm going to get it put on a dyno and see what it puts down. If it is a lot less the the previous owners dyno sheet I will get it tuned.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member

remember his 108 was on a baby launch with granny shifts... its good to see what a similar powerd gto traps but remember he is also full weight and u are not... so imo judging by other cars i have ran trapping 113-115 i think his dyno numbers will be spot on and i do not think there is anything going on with the gto maybe some slight adjustments but thats about it :shrug:

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
remember his 108 was on a baby launch with granny shifts... its good to see what a similar powerd gto traps but remember he is also full weight and u are not... so imo judging by other cars i have ran trapping 113-115 i think his dyno numbers will be spot on and i do not think there is anything going on with the gto maybe some slight adjustments but thats about it :shrug:

My friend in a Cam and minor bolt-on LS2 GTO dyno'd 410 RWHP, and ran a 12.8 @ 108 in 95 degrees, and he doesn't even have a "tune". He has a base tune to get the car running, that's it.

So, a well driven LS2 is more than capable of trapping 114-116 with 435 RWHP, weighing as much as it does. Hell, I weight about the same, and only made 30 or so RWHP and trapped 117 missing 4th on a 95 degree day, in 3300+ DA. So, depends on the driver.

I think he will need more than a couple of adjustments. That and he needs to get more seat time at the track, and run on a good day.

clc44

Established Member
I will get more seat time when it's not my DD. I will get things checked out. I would like to get the car to were it doesn't stall and the check engine light stays OFF! It stalls or tries to a few times a week.

clc44

Established Member
Well yeah, I have the trunk emptied out, and the skid plate off. But full interior. bigs/littles. 3700lbs. w/me in it.

Mine is full weight with my junk in the trunk. Have not taken out the spare or jack. Don't have room and i travel so can't be left stranded for 30 or so pounds.

clc44

Established Member

I think I'm going to meet up with modmafiamatt on Tuesday!

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
My friend in a Cam and minor bolt-on LS2 GTO dyno'd 410 RWHP, and ran a 12.8 @ 108 in 95 degrees, and he doesn't even have a "tune". He has a base tune to get the car running, that's it.

So, a well driven LS2 is more than capable of trapping 114-116 with 435 RWHP, weighing as much as it does. Hell, I weight about the same, and only made 30 or so RWHP and trapped 117 missing 4th on a 95 degree day, in 3300+ DA. So, depends on the driver.

I think he will need more than a couple of adjustments. That and he needs to get more seat time at the track, and run on a good day.

ok example above similar power 250lbs lighter and trapped 114 :thumbsup:

1995Beast

Established Member
I agree... how many times do we have to keep saying this:bored:

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
No offense, but a Full-bolt on SN95 4V is a mid 13 second car at best. His car should be good for a near low 13 if he can drive.

Really? Seriously? Have you ever even paid attention to what they run?

mid 12's are normal for bolt on sn95's with good drivers.

My old 98 went [email protected] with just 4.30 gears, no cats, open filter, and 15" telstars on a m/t radial. The car made 266rwhp on a dynojet at sea level! lol

Just do some searching in the sn95 section and you will find multiple guys going bottom 12's with full boltons and weight reduction. there are even a few in the upper 11's.

I know everyone thinks the 03/04 is the ONLY mustang that can run fast, but in reality, a ton of n/a guys put up amazing et's.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Really? Seriously? Have you ever even paid attention to what they run?

mid 12's are normal for bolt on sn95's with good drivers.

My old 98 went [email protected] with just 4.30 gears, no cats, open filter, and 15" telstars on a m/t radial. The car made 266rwhp on a dynojet at sea level! lol

Just do some searching in the sn95 section and you will find multiple guys going bottom 12's with full boltons and weight reduction. there are even a few in the upper 11's.

I know everyone thinks the 03/04 is the ONLY mustang that can run fast, but in reality, a ton of n/a guys put up amazing et's.

Lol you are a funny guy. I guess every sn95 will run 12s right? You had a super tall gear, a nice amount of weight reduction. I said s good driver with full bolt ons. Did not say anything a super tall gear, or weight reduction. The average bolt on sn95 will run mid 13s with an average to decent driver.

Also I'm not an idiot you smartass. Never said my cobra or 03/04 cobras were the ONLY thing that could be fast. I think you need to change your tampon and hold off on the insults. Grow up dude.

Just because YOU did it does not mean the average driver will.

Users who are viewing this thread