gto VS 3valve

clc44

Established Member
It's simple. If you hook and trap 111 your car is going to run from a roll like every other car that hooks and runs 110-112. You trap the same thing as full exhaust 4th gen F-bodies. Assuming they had gears you should run neck and neck with one from a roll.

If you pull a ricer move like insisting the race start in your 2nd gear sweet spot and you only run to the top of 3rd you may be able to take out something a little faster. At the end of the day trap speed doesn't lie. In that video you raced a 113 car that missed 4th. You obviously beat him. Congratulations. You won't beat a heads/cam LS1 GTO that traps what it should. People on here like to over-complicate things.

Well put sir!

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
It's simple. If you hook and trap 111 your car is going to run from a roll like every other car that hooks and runs 110-112. You trap the same thing as full exhaust 4th gen F-bodies. Assuming they had gears you should run neck and neck with one from a roll.

If you pull a ricer move like insisting the race start in your 2nd gear sweet spot and you only run to the top of 3rd you may be able to take out something a little faster. At the end of the day trap speed doesn't lie. In that video you raced a 113 car that missed 4th. You obviously beat him. Congratulations. You won't beat a heads/cam LS1 GTO that traps what it should. People on here like to over-complicate things.

I disagre i have ran 114-117 f-bodies and stayed side by side 35-120 explain that :shrug:..to me my trap is very low and idk why and lol at a 4th gen f-body with full exhaust and gears running with me :lol1: are you trying to say that he would have pulled back in 4th?

FMX05

Established Member
I disagre i have ran 114-117 f-bodies and stayed side by side 35-120 explain that :shrug:..to me my trap is very low and idk why and lol at a 4th gen f-body with full exhaust and gears running with me :lol1: are you trying to say that he would have pulled back in 4th?

It's the street. Anything can happen. I'm telling you that a car that traps the same MPH as you should run DEAD even with you from a roll if it is driven equally as good as yours. Like I said before, the GTO you raced IS a 113 car. I'm not saying he would have pulled back in 4th. You raced and beat a 113 car driven by someone with marginal skills (not bashing here). A full exhaust/tune LS1 F-body was my example because they consistently run 110-113. My friend trapped 112.4 with full exhaust/no tune with a broken posi. From a roll he put 2-3 lengths on an LT1 with full exhaust and a 100 shot. Consistently. Every single time. That LT1 runs 12.2's at 112 and it's auto. Now do you see why I say setup doesn't matter as long as both cars are hooking the car with the higher trap speed should win if the driver can drive it?

I see why this thread has gone over 20 pages. You think your 111mph trapping car has something special that lets it pull on 120mph cars from a roll. That's just not how it works bud. If you beat a 120mph car from a roll there was driver error or wheelspin involved. If driven equally the higher trapping car wins every time (unless it's a ricer race like I explained in my last post.)

EDIT: You are ricer racing now that I look at it. All of your runs start from 35mph. An F-body/GTO with stock gearing shifts out of first at 40mph. They are starting in the bottom of 2nd. Run one of them from a 20 roll or a 50 roll. I bet the outcome would be different. 35mph IS your 2nd gear sweet spot and 120mph is just above the top of third in in the GTO/Fbody. I'll give you props for being a douche and only running people from the race you want.

Last edited:

mrlrd1

Established Member
I have no up to date times but the last time at the track my 95 ran 11.4@121. I get one real run per trip because I get kicked out for no cage.

Left is Nitto tires and Right is MT tires

0119091433.jpg

Now lets see yours.

you posted those before and said it was an old 480rwhp turbo setup.

Last edited:

mrlrd1

Established Member
Did you not read LAST TIME AT THE TRACK? :poke:

I pulled the turbo kit off sometime in Sept and built the stroker kit. Kinda hard to drag race in December.

oh i got that! I also got that you tried to pull a fast one trying to make everyone believe you did this with your 331, as thats what the 3v guy was looking for.

nice backpedal job. I bet you'd be better off going down the 1/4 on a tricycle... backwards

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
oh i got that! I also got that you tried to pull a fast one trying to make everyone believe you did this with your 331, as thats what the 3v guy was looking for.

nice backpedal job. I bet you'd be better off going down the 1/4 on a tricycle... backwards

wow thanks :beer: so much for mr 331 :lol:

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
It's the street. Anything can happen. I'm telling you that a car that traps the same MPH as you should run DEAD even with you from a roll if it is driven equally as good as yours. Like I said before, the GTO you raced IS a 113 car. I'm not saying he would have pulled back in 4th.You raced and beat a 113 car driven by someone with marginal skills (not bashing here). A full exhaust/tune LS1 F-body was my example because they consistently run 110-113. My friend trapped 112.4 with full exhaust/no tune with a broken posi. From a roll he put 2-3 lengths on an LT1 with full exhaust and a 100 shot. Consistently. Every single time. That LT1 runs 12.2's at 112 and it's auto. Now do you see why I say setup doesn't matter as long as both cars are hooking the car with the higher trap speed should win if the driver can drive it?

I see why this thread has gone over 20 pages. You think your 111mph trapping car has something special that lets it pull on 120mph cars from a roll. That's just not how it works bud. If you beat a 120mph car from a roll there was driver error or wheelspin involved. If driven equally the higher trapping car wins every time (unless it's a ricer race like I explained in my last post.)

EDIT: You are ricer racing now that I look at it. All of your runs start from 35mph. An F-body/GTO with stock gearing shifts out of first at 40mph. They are starting in the bottom of 2nd. Run one of them from a 20 roll or a 50 roll. I bet the outcome would be different. 35mph IS your 2nd gear sweet spot and 120mph is just above the top of third in in the GTO/Fbody. I'll give you props for being a douche and only running people from the race you want.

You just proved my point in bold above and i am a average driver as well :thumbsup:
NO i never said i pulled a 120 cars from rolls you need to READ AGAIN.. run with 115-117 cars does not mean i pull 120 cars :poke:
pretty much explains everything and also not every roll in the vids started at 35 sum where in 40-45 area and if we did a 50 that would be even better for me so :p

FMX05

Established Member
You just proved my point in bold above and i am a average driver as well :thumbsup:
NO i never said i pulled a 120 cars from rolls you need to READ AGAIN.. run with 115-117 cars does not mean i pull 120 cars :poke:
pretty much explains everything and also not every roll in the vids started at 35 sum where in 40-45 area and if we did a 50 that would be even better for me so :p

....Seriously? Beating a 113 car in a 111 car when the driver of the 113 car misses a gear does not mean you can go beating 117 cars... You may run with them if they have some kind of issue but you won't be beating them with your magicmobile. I don't think you realize just how big 1mph in trap speed is when you are roll racing. My car traps 118 in the summer and 119+ in the winter. After watching your video I'm confident that mini-bus lengths would be involved. You've been lucky up to now.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
....Seriously? Beating a 113 car in a 111 car when the driver of the 113 car misses a gear does not mean you can go beating 117 cars... You may run with them if they have some kind of issue but you won't be beating them with your magicmobile. I don't think you realize just how big 1mph in trap speed is when you are roll racing. My car traps 118 in the summer and 119+ in the winter. After watching your video I'm confident that mini-bus lengths would be involved. You've been lucky up to now.

sSo i have been lucky every time i have ran and man like i said idc what i trap its a little diffrent on the street :beer: and i promise you will be :??: if we ever ran :-D

Users who are viewing this thread