got screwed on car sale by member! i need your help!

04cobradude

Mack Daddy
Established Member
couldn't quote your whole post because of the way you responded to evils post....

Originally Posted by evil04svtcobra

so after taking out the plugs... some were gapped at .045... some at .040... and some at .035 of an inch! *** Joe stated that he pulled the "supposed pre gapped plugs" out of the box and installed.. thats NGK's gap ***

while the car was on the hoist again while we did that.... we saw the old owner decided not to put a bolt back on one of the motor mounts!!! *** Joe had a "PROFESSIONAL" pull the trans and you can thank the tranny shop for that one ***

I haven't seen a set of NKG's out of a box of 8 have that much variation in gap. I will say though, I have seen plugs that were gapped the same put in the car and then later removed and the gap was a little different.

also, since when do you have to pull a motor mount to pull a tranny? Or pull a tranny to do a motor mount? did I miss something?

when you have long tube kooks headers and an auto..

BTW, i dont even know if this car has either but that was an example... OR joe just removed a motor mount bolt for the hell of it because he knew someone was coming to buy the car and wanted to start some drama?

Last edited:

DIRTY 5.0

Established Member
when you have long tube kooks headers and an auto..

BTW, i dont even know if this car has either but that was an example... OR joe just removed a motor mount bolt for the hell of it because he knew someone was coming to buy the car and wanted to start some drama?

This car does have long tube headers and an auto, and yes TRBO VNM you must have missed something, incase you have never had a trans out of one of these cars it does make it a lot easier to get at the top two trans bolts if you loosen the motor mount nuts:bash:

TRBO VNM

This car does have long tube headers and an auto, and yes TRBO VNM you must have missed something, incase you have never had a trans out of one of these cars it does make it a lot easier to get at the top two trans bolts if you loosen the motor mount nuts:bash:

first of all the guy said a bolt. Not motor mount nut. big difference. I can understand taking the nut off to help tilt the motor.

and yeah, I have done my fair share of clutches in these cars, but have never had to remove the motor mount nuts for the tranny or bellhousing bolts. long extensions work wonders. Then again, I never have issues with the top starter bolt either, but many others do.

and yeah, I have pulled auto and manual trannies with various long tubes installed. some are definitely worse than others and require removing more than the norm.

Last edited:

DIRTY 5.0

Established Member
You would notice most of these problems if you checked the car out before you paid 26k for it.Can you say red flag.

Yes, Evil did notice some of the issues which is the whole reason he brought the car to me in the first place. I wasnt stating that any of this was done just to cause drama with a sale, just putting the whole story out in the light for all you people who are so quick to side with a seller you know nothing about. I dont know about you guys but when something goes wrong with one of my mustangs that I take pride in I fix the problem ASAP, even if its as small as low brake fluid! So I was just saying if Joe was willing to overlook all the small things and let them go why should a guy have any reason to believe he wouldnt do the same with the IC:shrug: Also I dont think wires running across a trunk everywhere or an ABS light being on is reason enough not to buy a car, this car is bad a** and has alot of nice parts on it, most of it was all an easy quick fix and just needed some loose ends taken care of.

DIRTY 5.0

Established Member
first of all the guy said a bolt. Not motor mount nut. big difference. I can understand taking the nut off to help tilt the motor.

and yeah, I have done my fair share of clutches in these cars, but have never had to remove the motor mount nuts for the tranny or bellhousing bolts. long extensions work wonders. Then again, I never have issues with the top starter bolt either, but many others do.

and yeah, I have pulled auto and manual trannies with various long tubes installed. some are definitely worse than others and require removing more than the norm.

Im the guy who posted it, go back and look at my list #s 3 and 4 buddy!:bash: I said there was a bell housing bolt missing AND the driver side motor mount nut! And yes a guy can get at the top two trans bolts without the motor mount nuts loose but like I said its ALOT easier with them loose! Trust me if the trans was infact installed by a "pro transmissioin shop" as was stated in a few posts back by 04COBRA DUDE then i guarantee they loosened the motor mount nuts! We get paid by the hour my friend, we do what makes the job easier not try to fu*k around with 5 extensions and fight getting bolts out or hitting the top of the bell housing on the floor of the car and scratch it all to sh*t pulling the trans out :cuss:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yes, Evil did notice some of the issues which is the whole reason he brought the car to me in the first place. I wasnt stating that any of this was done just to cause drama with a sale, just putting the whole story out in the light for all you people who are so quick to side with a seller you know nothing about. I dont know about you guys but when something goes wrong with one of my mustangs that I take pride in I fix the problem ASAP, even if its as small as low brake fluid! So I was just saying if Joe was willing to overlook all the small things and let them go why should a guy have any reason to believe he wouldnt do the same with the IC:shrug: Also I dont think wires running across a trunk everywhere or an ABS light being on is reason enough not to buy a car, this car is bad a** and has alot of nice parts on it, most of it was all an easy quick fix and just needed some loose ends taken care of.

Huh? I'll tell you one thing, if I was looking at a Terminator and discovered not one, but two potential brake issues, and saw "wires running across a trunk everywhere" I would put my OWN brakes on and have that car THOROUGHLY checked by a good shop that knows these cars. No way would I have paid that kind of money under those circumstances. And I certainly wouldn't call the things on your list all "easy fixes" and "loose ends". I would, though, definitely call them "red flags".

IMO you should say nothing more and simply let the buyer talk for himself. I'm not being a smart-a**. Just think that would be the best thing.

TRBO VNM

Im the guy who posted it, go back and look at my list #s 3 and 4 buddy!:bash: I said there was a bell housing bolt missing AND the driver side motor mount nut! And yes a guy can get at the top two trans bolts without the motor mount nuts loose but like I said its ALOT easier with them loose! Trust me if the trans was infact installed by a "pro transmissioin shop" as was stated in a few posts back by 04COBRA DUDE then i guarantee they loosened the motor mount nuts! We get paid by the hour my friend, we do what makes the job easier not try to fu*k around with 5 extensions and fight getting bolts out or hitting the top of the bell housing on the floor of the car and scratch it all to sh*t pulling the trans out :cuss:

that makes more sense then. sorry, I didn't read everyone of your posts on the matter. OMG kill me for it. I was going off of what the car owner said, so he must have misunderstood or just typed it wrong. no big deal. lol

I agree on doing things easier. in this case maybe it is easier to loosen the mount nuts based on the tranny and long tube setup. I get paid by the hour at my full time and part time job as well, so I know, time is money. I invested in a couple long extensions and swivel sockets and it gets the job done for me without a problem.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just want to be clear, too, that I am not siding with the seller. I've seen enough in this thread to know that fault has to be shared on both sides. I surely hope others who read this thread will learn a lesson when either buying, or selling. As a seller, fully disclose any and all issues. Don't ever hide something, especially when it is in the interest of the buyer to know about those things. A loose fuel line, for example, could have disastrous consequences. Put yourself in the place of a buyer. And as a buyer, use due diligence in thoroughly checking out the car. Any issues found should be discussed completely with the seller and both parties should be mutually satisfied before the sale is completed. Sometimes issues are genuinely not known by the seller. No deal will ever be 100% perfect, but we can certainly hope that transaction will be mutually satisfactory on both sides.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
that makes more sense then. sorry, I didn't read everyone of your posts on the matter. OMG kill me for it. I was going off of what the car owner said, so he must have misunderstood or just typed it wrong. no big deal. lol

I agree on doing things easier. in this case maybe it is easier to loosen the mount nuts based on the tranny and long tube setup. I get paid by the hour at my full time and part time job as well, so I know, time is money. I invested in a couple long extensions and swivel sockets and it gets the job done for me without a problem.
i'm gonna have to agree with you, using a few extensions to get to the top two bolts is a much more time effective way of doing it. done about 18 million clutches on mustangs, some with manifolds, some with headers and a couple with autos. i never once have gotten the urge to pull the motor to make things easier...

as far as this topic goes, it's really unfortunate for the buyer that not all of the issues were disclosed. some can be a fault of his own though for not looking things over as closely as he thought(trunk wiring), but still there was a lot left undosclosed here.

it's also sad to see someone who i respected quite a bit(Bob K) basically speak for this person throughout this whole thread. things like, "too lazy to change out the other COPs" doesn't make you look too good. Bob says he isn't like best friends with the guy, but know's him to be an honest person. if that's all you know him by then you shouldn't be sticking up for him through an entire thread where the seller himself is shying away from.

Last edited:

03slobra2

POSI "race"port FTW
Established Member
wow, bum deal.

There should be a lot more pictures on here. To much speculation, and pictures paint a clearer picture of whats truly going on.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
if the oil was gray and the res was empty ..I would have checked the intercooler core for cracks before I put water in ..

the gap on high boost cars will sometimes open wider..

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
damn, this thread is CRAZY....i've lost track who the seller and buyer are :bash:

my question for the buyer is:

a) was the car inspected/and drove in person before the sale was finalized or was this a remote sale (no test drive, no leakdown, no compression test, no wiring check, no fuel check)

b) second question is, even if this was a "remote" transaction with zero pre inspection before purchase.....was the car at least looked over under the hood before the initial "test" drive after the car was delivered off the trailor?

buying ANY car (much less one of these boosted cars) sight unseen is a bad idea.....ALWAYS go see the car in person and do a full inspection INCLUDING PRE-DELIVERY PHOTOS TO PROVE CONDITION. I don't care if it's john force selling one of his cars, never take anyones word for it. See it and inspect for yourself before buying. Nightmares will follow if you don't follow these SIMPLE steps

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
I have been following this thread and it is a very sad situation but unfortunately buying a used highly modified vehicle that is 6-7 years old is going to be a crap shoot even under the best of circumstances..

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
btw where is the past owner and why are you fighting all his battles? Someone seems to have got their money and shut themselves away... :burn:
The seller made his single post in this thread and then left it, just as he said he was going to do. The seller was possibly amenable to working with the buyer on some solutions but when the buyer elected to push this issue publicly, seller said "See ya".........

Patience is a virtue......... Allgo has been a member of this Forum for nearly 6 years and thus has demonstrated a degree of loyalty and passion towards these cars. Would of been interesting to see how it would of been handled if the IC problem could of been investigated a bit and then have the two parties work out a solution in PRIVATE.

monX

Established Member
It's clear the seller wanted to get rid of the car and collect the cash right away and wants nothing else to do with this, sure the buyer may have made some mistakes, but it's clear that the facts are out to this dirty little secret and all of you defending the seller, who are you kidding really, get real and stop kissing his rear and fighting his battles for him. He can defend him self unless you are hired as his attorney or something

DIRTY 5.0

Established Member
Huh? I'll tell you one thing, if I was looking at a Terminator and discovered not one, but two potential brake issues, and saw "wires running across a trunk everywhere" I would put my OWN brakes on and have that car THOROUGHLY checked by a good shop that knows these cars. No way would I have paid that kind of money under those circumstances. And I certainly wouldn't call the things on your list all "easy fixes" and "loose ends". I would, though, definitely call them "red flags".

IMO you should say nothing more and simply let the buyer talk for himself. I'm not being a smart-a**. Just think that would be the best thing.

Hey buddy I run a legit business that specializes in these cars incase you missed that post! Evil bought this car well over 3hrs from where he lives so bringing it to a shop he trusted before the sale wasnt really an option... Most of the stuff that was wrong with the car was a really easy fix and I deal with this stuff daily when people bring their cars to me so I consider them loose ends, it took me less then a day to fix all the other issues other then the IC.
Yes, the car should have been looked over a bit better but it wasnt and if the car was worth the money to him who are you to say it wasnt, this is all water under the bridge and has all been fixed. The only issue we still have is the IC crack. Further more I dont care about your opinion on what I should do... the seller has people talking for him (Bob k.) why cant I, someone who has just as much knowlage about mustangs help out my customer Evil??? Oh thats right you want me to say nothing more so that Evil has to post all the info I give him second hand as hear say and then get ripped apart by you guys for saying something like a motor mount bolt was missing rather then a nut! Give me a fu*kin break man thats bs and you know it. There is noone on this thread thats gonna push me around or call me out as a liar, I have done the work, I have the proof, and I own a shop that as you say knows these cars THANK YOU VERY MUCH!:dancenana:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I personally am not defending anybody and have no bias toward either the seller or the buyer. The full truth of the condition of this Cobra at time of sale will never be known. Tons of contradictions. Nobody will EVER know how much the seller knew about the supposed issues before he sold the car. And nobody will EVER know when the IC cracked or when other issues with the car (Brake light, ABS light, Etc, etc).

All I'm saying is that mistakes have been made by both parties and if the situation had been handled differently initially, the outcome may of been more positive for all involved. Because now, it's a dead issue. Buyer needs to do what he has to do to fix the problems, and I guess the seller has a dark mark on his reputation.

Might as well close it up and move on......:shrug:

melissa809

Established Member
i personally am not defending anybody and have no bias toward either the seller or the buyer. The full truth of the condition of this cobra at time of sale will never be known. Tons of contradictions. Nobody will ever know how much the seller knew about the supposed issues before he sold the car. And nobody will ever know when the ic cracked or when other issues with the car (brake light, abs light, etc, etc).

All i'm saying is that mistakes have been made by both parties and if the situation had been handled differently initially, the outcome may of been more positive for all involved. Because now, it's a dead issue. Buyer needs to do what he has to do to fix the problems, and i guess the seller has a dark mark on his reputation.

Might as well close it up and move on......:shrug:

+1

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hey buddy I run a legit business that specializes in these cars incase you missed that post! Evil bought this car well over 3hrs from where he lives so bringing it to a shop he trusted before the sale wasnt really an option... Most of the stuff that was wrong with the car was a really easy fix and I deal with this stuff daily when people bring their cars to me so I consider them loose ends, it took me less then a day to fix all the other issues other then the IC.
Yes, the car should have been looked over a bit better but it wasnt and if the car was worth the money to him who are you to say it wasnt, this is all water under the bridge and has all been fixed. The only issue we still have is the IC crack. Further more I dont care about your opinion on what I should do... the seller has people talking for him (Bob k.) why cant I, someone who has just as much knowlage about mustangs help out my customer Evil??? Oh thats right you want me to say nothing more so that Evil has to post all the info I give him second hand as hear say and then get ripped apart by you guys for saying something like a motor mount bolt was missing rather then a nut! Give me a fu*kin break man thats bs and you know it. There is noone on this thread thats gonna push me around or call me out as a liar, I have done the work, I have the proof, and I own a shop that as you say knows these cars THANK YOU VERY MUCH!:dancenana:

Nobody said you didn't run a good shop, so simmer down. Like I said, let the man speak for himself. Plain and simple! :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread