got screwed on car sale by member! i need your help!

mlysaght

Established Member
WOW! All this over a bum deal. I have read it all, and the seller is not looking too good @ this point. At least Evil is here with his side, but the buyer wanted to do a one liner and bolt.:shrug: Good luck to ya Evil.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
WOW! All this over a bum deal. I have read it all, and the seller is not looking too good @ this point. At least Evil is here with his side, but the buyer wanted to do a one liner and bolt.:shrug: Good luck to ya Evil.

No shit! That should give everyone a little indication regarding the seller! :read::idea:

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
The seller made his single post in this thread and then left it, just as he said he was going to do. The seller was possibly amenable to working with the buyer on some solutions but when the buyer elected to push this issue publicly, seller said "See ya".........

Patience is a virtue......... Allgo has been a member of this Forum for nearly 6 years and thus has demonstrated a degree of loyalty and passion towards these cars. Would of been interesting to see how it would of been handled if the IC problem could of been investigated a bit and then have the two parties work out a solution in PRIVATE.

after finding out about the ic allgo refused to answer his phone... i was upset and later that night made the post... if he was a loyall member as you say he is he shouldn't have sold the car with a cracked ic.

still denies any wrong doings, and never offered or suggested he would have given me any money towards the repair gone "public" or not.

and because of my loyallity to this site i want people to know... so this will never happen again.

monX

Established Member

The seller went hiding because he has nothing to say anymore, he was left speechless and knows his bs won't convince us so he's not even gonna bother, yet some of the clowns want to wipe his rear and defend someone who's not even willing to stand up for him self :burn:

Good luck Evil, hope you have her running like a beast soon.

This was a lesson to all of us.

Last edited:

BWH2003

Established Member
The buyer went hiding because he has nothing to say anymore, he was left speechless and knows his bs won't convince us so he's not even gonna bother, yet some of the clowns want to wipe his rear and defend someone who's not even willing to stand up for him self :burn:

Good luck Evil, hope you have her running like a beast soon.

This was a lesson to all of us.

Did you mean the seller went into hiding?

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
after finding out about the ic allgo refused to answer his phone... i was upset and later that night made the post
Bingo..... When you first started this thread, you didn't know it was a cracked intercooler. Posi, myself and several others suggested that the symptoms sounded like it. Maybe the seller wanted you to pull the blower to see if the IC was cracked? You initiated the thread last Monday and the blower didn't get pulled until Saturday. But in that 5 day period, this thread ran amuck.

if he was a loyall member as you say he is he shouldn't have sold the car with a cracked ic.
Evil, from the posts in this thread, there is no conclusive evidence one way or the other WHEN the IC actually froze and cracked. From my experiences, it couldn't have been driven the way it was with a cracked intercooler. Maybe others have had different experiences and I respect that.....

still denies any wrong doings, and never offered or suggested he would have given me any money towards the repair gone "public" or not.
THIS, is my whole point Evil. You will never know if he would have helped with the solution......:shrug: All I am saying is that I know for a fact that there was a "possibility" for a different resolution if it had been handled differently.

I'm not bashing you at all and can understand your feelings last week. Just wish that you and your buddy could of pulled the blower to pinpoint the exact problem, done the days worth of minor repairs, and then contacted the seller with your findings.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well said Dwight. This whole thing took a couple of bad turns that hindered a good resolution IMO. Maybe there is still hope.

Last edited:

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
there are many incidents of posting to put pressure on an individual or company.. it is done to "try" the party in to submission..the court of public opinion can be harsh and unrelenting.. I have seen this many times and it seems to happen more and more..

the only way to have a fair resolution is in a private arbitration forum under the watchful eye of the admin staff..it should be done in a private forum away from the eyes of those who have no conection to the incident and only add fuel to an already volitile situation with their opinions...IF there is no conclusion then the thread should be moved to public view but only after all attempts have been made for an amiable and fair conclusion ..

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Linn, are you suggesting an arbitration forum or is there one in the works? I saw your other post where you said "setting one up is in progress".

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I love the idea Linn. I can see it being of great value. :thumbsup:

IronTerp

There are thousands of transactions taking place every year through SVTP and the unresolved issues that arise are extremely rare. While an Arbitration Forum is an awesome concept, it still will not guarantee a fair and amicable outcome. There is no legal muscle behind it and thus no absolute ability to enforce compliance. The only real action that can be taken for non-compliance is removal from SVTP. This policy is basically already in place.

I've done a bunch of selling/buying through SVTP over the last 6+ years and always research the person I'm dealing with and try to be very clear with communicating exactly what I'm receiving or selling. And dealing with a longer term SVTP member is always added security although it's argueable whether short term members should be penalized because they're.....short termers!

The problem with this case (in my opinion, for what it's worth.....), is that there's probably a REAL good chance that both the seller and buyer are good people that are normally trustworthy, and considerate of their fellow hobbiest. For various reasons, this transaction went bad, but no one can convince me at this point that there was ever any intent on either party to lie or deceive the other. This situation shoulda/coulda/woulda been resolved if both parties had not of gotten angry with the other's initial approach to the problem and been patient while all the facts became known. This one was solveable IMO........

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
and an arbitration forum would have provided a cool down period that could have accomplished what you are stating..

removal from the site for dubiuos transactions by private sellers and supporting vendors has already long been in place..

are you disagreeing with this idea for an arbitration forum Dwight? there doesnt have to be any legal muscle behind it.. it is a way to defuse situations such as this one and other vendor related customer service issues.. while there are no real guarantess in life ,a forum such as this will go a long way in stopping escalation of these types of incidents

Last edited:

IronTerp

Linn, if the Arbitration Forum will breed patience and a willingness to work through mistakes and "unintentional circumstances", I am 100% for it. I have found that publicly attacking another member on the SVTP usually leads to a lack of cooperation. Perhaps the Arbitration Forum can help to prevent this.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
I think it will help with several issues..what will it hurt to try it? if it doesnt do what it is designed to do then it can always be discontinued..

but I think we own it to oursevles to take the negative posting when there is an incident to be solved off the table by moving it to a private forum where it can be dealt with under the watchful eye of the admin staff.. no one enjoys or appreciates the drama it creates for the site..

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
dwight i respect you and you have really helped me in the past with some other issues... with a life and working 40 + hours, and living 75 miles away from the speed shop where my car has been. not to mention the previos obligations of the shop with on going projects they were already involved in... i didnt have the time to throw everything down and only concentrate on the car.

im sorry i posted this when i was upset but the seller wasn't gettting back to me, and if that wasn't the right thing to do in your eyes, well then im sorry...

and knowing the crowd of svtp if i would have handled it in a private matter then maybe nobody would have believed me because i didn't come forward right away. i was already getting bashed because all of this didn't happend the second i bought the car.

but what happend, happend... it is sad not everyone is trustworth, and that members on here expect to be screwed over.

as was posted earlier in this thread, i sold my last cobra in april. the new owner flew to wisconsin from california, bought the car sight un seen! went over the car, told him every little thing wrong with the car(which wasn't much). he gave me the money and drove 37 hours straight back to california. zero problems, no headaches!

i have had only previous experiences like this buying and selling other things on this site. it is sad and unfortunate that this has happend and others every month go through simular events.

maybe i am naive or maybe i didn't do enough homework on this buy... but i am a good person, i trust others. im a stand up guy, i wear my heart on my sleave and got burned.

Last edited:

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
did you contact any of the admin staff before you posted your thread?
If there was a forum where this could have been handled privately would you have taken advantage of it? all Dwight is saying is that if this would not have been handled with a negative post it might have had a very different and positive conclusion..

Last edited:

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
did you contact any of the admin staff before you posted your thread?
If there was a forum where this could have been handled privately would you have taken advantage of it? all Dwight is saying is that if this would not have been handled with a negative post it might have had a very different and positive conclusion..

yes i would have and this would be a great tool for svtp or other online forums.

Users who are viewing this thread