Got my Snake Bite today. ( Not a joke thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussZTT

Established Member
I sure will.

If it's not a regearing, I guarantee it's something in the snout. Why else would they include a free " Front drive rebuild" in the price of the job? What else is in the front drive that could be changed and make a blower spin faster?
Nothing, pulley sits on a shaft which goes to the gear, that gear also spins another.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Thats what I have been saying this entire time. Anywho, post numbers when its done. :beer:

x2

Maybe nobody has been paying attention, as I have posted several times now that Bob himself said that the SnakeBite on stock pullies spins 16,000 RPMs. Stock is only ~12,000.

There's only one other way to spin it faster other than swapping on a smaller pulley.:idea::idea::idea:

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
Looking forward to numbers. Not that I'd buy one, but just intrigued lol

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
lol at it voiding your warranty to open the front...haha

But get those vids up!

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Looking forward to the vid and numbers. And :lol: at Bob voiding the warranty if you remove the snout!!!!!!

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
If it's regeared that extreme wouldn't that just wear things out faster? :shrug:

yellow03cobra

Established Member
If it's regeared that extreme wouldn't that just wear things out faster? :shrug:

I'm no expert but if it did have a gear change than it would more than likely be spinning faster at any rpm (the extra noise). You may gain some power under the curve to this increase but the end results for peak power should be close to the same as a pullied port. The increase in wear is probably minimal. Maybe my thinking is backwards though, blower rpm can probably be achieved with different methods with the same result, unless it has a different ramp up of some sort.

Last edited:

mustang john

Established Member
I'm no expert but if it did have a gear change than it would more than likely be spinning faster at any rpm (the extra noise). You may gain some power under the curve to this increase but the end results for peak power should be close to the same as a pullied port. The increase in wear is probably minimal. Maybe my thinking is backwards though, blower rpm can probably be achieved with different methods with the same result.

Pullying and regearing both do the exact same thing... make the blower turn higher rpms and produce more boost. There should be no extra wear other than associated with the higher rpms.

Rice Eatr

Established Member
Pullying and regearing both do the exact same thing... make the blower turn higher rpms and produce more boost. There should be no extra wear other than associated with the higher rpms.

One just costs a whole lot more than the other.

cobra_matt

Established Member
One just costs a whole lot more than the other.

From what I understand the main advantages to be over the other level 4/5 ports is that the boost is instant and there is no belt slip. Although peak power might be the same or similar between the snake bite and other ports, I believe this will have a positive impact on the dyno curve. Who knows, perhaps there is little to no difference in hp/tq curves and timeslips, but I'll hold off judgement until then.

mustang john

Established Member
From what I understand the main advantages to be over the other level 4/5 ports is that the boost is instant and there is no belt slip. Although peak power might be the same or similar between the snake bite and other ports, I believe this will have a positive impact on the dyno curve. Who knows, perhaps there is little to no difference in hp/tq curves and timeslips, but I'll hold off judgement until then.

I dont know about your car but mine make instant boost and i have had very few problems with belt slip, there are ways to greatly reduce belt slip that dont cost that much some are free. All that money just to run a larger pulley at the same boost level just seems alittle crazy to me. Now as these Snakebites start to come out in more numbers and we can see real world results on the track and street over time im not afraid to say that i might be eating my words so who knows!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread