Got my Snake Bite today. ( Not a joke thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ririck

Schrute Farms Beets
Established Member
Well, I got my snake bite, and unfortunately, my camera is dead, so I didnt get any pictures of it uninstalled, however, the rotors are definitely not swapped, so that myth is out of the picture.

However, This thing sounds like a freaking procharger at idle. It's so loud that it's ridiculous. The boost is more than instant. I gave it one good rev, and at about 2500RPMs it made 7psi, and it came on like a light switch.

I'm going to Modular Depot tomorrow, so I hope to have some good numbers and video clips to share with you guys.

-Chad

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
I would really like to know what "engineered" differences there are.

Until then IMO that will hurt more than help business. But more power to those who are willing to try! :beer:

ririck

Schrute Farms Beets
Established Member
I would really like to know what "engineered" differences there are.

Until then IMO that will hurt more than help business. But more power to those who are willing to try! :beer:

Well, a gear change of sorts is quite obvious. The sound is quite similar to Cog-Drive Pulleys, at idle, then the whine under boost is just like.
:eek:

VADER*

*the original
Established Member
Couldnt they have ported this blower to the etreme max, and picked up the extra boost that way. Its possible its a lot more efficient. Maybe?

ririck

Schrute Farms Beets
Established Member
Thats what I have been saying this entire time. Anywho, post numbers when its done. :beer:

I sure will.

If it's not a regearing, I guarantee it's something in the snout. Why else would they include a free " Front drive rebuild" in the price of the job? What else is in the front drive that could be changed and make a blower spin faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread