Got my AED lopey Idle tune!!

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
you guys top me, it only took 7 e-mails for me to know hes very knowledgable and informative about tuning mustangs.

Been on the fence lately about keeping a stick car so i havent pulled the trigger on this tune, but its in the cards if my dealer visit doesnt go well tomm

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
It took me 2 PMs to decide that Shaun is my man. I am ordering my programmer today.

I will Datalog when it arrives, and then Shaun's tune very soon.

Mike

SicShelby09

Banned
Keep it on track or thread gets closed.

Thanks for the ninja cleanup turtle. I have been trying to be good, but I lost it a tad there. I would love if people would keep it on topic. I have had some much exposure to this tune and the process that I would love to pass that info along so we can all be happy with it. On the drive into work today, I watched atleast 3 different people crack their windows in 30* weather to hear the lope while sitting in traffic. Gotta LOVE that.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Thanks for the ninja cleanup turtle. I have been trying to be good, but I lost it a tad there. I would love if people would keep it on topic. I have had some much exposure to this tune and the process that I would love to pass that info along so we can all be happy with it. On the drive into work today, I watched atleast 3 different people crack their windows in 30* weather to hear the lope while sitting in traffic. Gotta LOVE that.

I am glad that you are happy with it, and should be as it's your car. :beer:

SicShelby09

Banned
I am glad that you are happy with it, and should be as it's your car. :beer:

Lets also not forget that this car now completely f-ing rips through the gears too. Man the seat of the pants meter is pegged with goodness. I can now melt the tires going into 3rd and get long blackies going into 4th. Before I was lucky to hear a chirp going into 4th. Granted its cold here and cold pavement is harder to get traction on, but I had it completely stock up to a few weeks ago and it was still this cold then. So I can tell that this thing is stronger no doubt. Being able to hammer out the shifts now and not hit that horrible soft limiter is enough alone to put a smile on my face.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I got a bad tank of gas so i havent been able to really rip on my JMS tune. but i did manage to knock off a 460rwhp SRT8 300c(heavy pig yes!) while pulling 6 degrees of timing lol. im about to get paid for my recent work trip. money to the AED tune!

SicShelby09

Banned
I just tried out the drag tune and his new Eco tune on the street. Wow the car is like two different cars. That drag tune is sick. Thanks Shaun.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I just tried out the drag tune and his new Eco tune on the street. Wow the car is like two different cars. That drag tune is sick. Thanks Shaun.
My tax return comes in on the first, im going to be ordering the tune that day! I cant wait. I ended up re datalogging my stock tune and JMS tune with fresh gas and once again on a saturday Shaun wrote me back with some very informative info.

REPCobra10

Established Member
Perhaps, what I'm about to say is silly and pointless, but I've heard that these so-called fake "cammed" tunes burn up the exhaust valves if you daily drive the car for anymore than 5-10 miles per day. The same source from which I received this information also said that it is more of a "novelty" item that would be okay at car shows and such idling, but has no place as a daily driver. While many of you may disagree with this, I'm looking for other members opinions with actual "facts" rather than here say that can back up the multiple rebuttals that I'm sure will ensue after I post this message on the famous SVTP board. Thanks in advance!

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Perhaps, what I'm about to say is silly and pointless, but I've heard that these so-called fake "cammed" tunes burn up the exhaust valves if you daily drive the car for anymore than 5-10 miles per day. The same source from which I received this information also said that it is more of a "novelty" item that would be okay at car shows and such idling, but has no place as a daily driver. While many of you may disagree with this, I'm looking for other members opinions with actual "facts" rather than here say that can back up the multiple rebuttals that I'm sure will ensue after I post this message on the famous SVTP board. Thanks in advance!

i just dont see it hurting any valvetrain b/c its doing what the tivct does on its own just messes with the cams. havent had any issues with mine.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

Well I have never heard of anyone burning up an exhaust valve on a lopy idle tune. Can you prove that it actually happen? Or is it just hear say info. To my knowledge there are only 3 tuners that even have this type of tune. 1. Ford racing for the track key boss. 2. Shaun @ AED 3. JOHN LUND.

So I don't see it burning up anything thing if Ford racing is selling it to the boss owners. also just so you know. None of the 3 cammed tunes are the same. There all set up differently.

SicShelby09

Banned
Well I have never heard of anyone burning up an exhaust valve on a lopy idle tune. Can you prove that it actually happen? Or is it just hear say info. To my knowledge there are only 3 tuners that even have this type of tune. 1. Ford racing for the track key boss. 2. Shaun @ AED 3. JOHN LUND.

So I don't see it burning up anything thing if Ford racing is selling it to the boss owners. also just so you know. None of the 3 cammed tunes are the same. There all set up differently.

Honestly I just got this "novelty" tune for basically rolling into car shows with and sitting in the staging lanes at the track. Its a cool feature, and I would have gotten cams in any other car I had just for the sound this tune makes. It sounds like sex, and it was one tenth of the price of doing real cams. And I dont plan on making an NA monster out of this car, so I would not be able to get this sound otherwise. I wouldnt waste the money on cams when I can just do a blower and be done with it. Take it for what its worth, but to me its a great feature/product for what I want it for. Call me a poser if you want, but I love it and thats all that matters.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Honestly I just got this "novelty" tune for basically rolling into car shows with and sitting in the staging lanes at the track. Its a cool feature, and I would have gotten cams in any other car I had just for the sound this tune makes. It sounds like sex, and it was one tenth of the price of doing real cams. And I dont plan on making an NA monster out of this car, so I would not be able to get this sound otherwise. I wouldnt waste the money on cams when I can just do a blower and be done with it. Take it for what its worth, but to me its a great feature/product for what I want it for. Call me a poser if you want, but I love it and thats all that matters.

I wish it were something that could be programmed to a key, like the Boss. It is just an additional $50 from Shaun, but I could not live with it every day....and I don't want to have to load up a calibration every time I want to use it. I prefer to flash my computer sparingly.

Mike

Shaun@AED

I wish it were something that could be programmed to a key, like the Boss. It is just an additional $50 from Shaun, but I could not live with it every day....and I don't want to have to load up a calibration every time I want to use it. I prefer to flash my computer sparingly.

Mike

Long term goals are to have in programmed into 'My Key'. We just have to figure out how to do it. LOL

SicShelby09

Banned
Now that would be awesome!

Hell yeah it would. But you know at that point Im sure Ford Racing would step in and have a fit over it. Even if they are not doing it the same way as the real track key. Im sure it will get unlocked sometime soon. That would be the best case scenario.

Users who are viewing this thread