Got my AED lopey Idle tune!!

SicShelby09

Banned
Let me just say that Shaun has been awesome to work with on this. I had several reservations about getting the tune with all that #8 stuff that happened in the past. And he as been the only one that has really explained why it happened and what he does different. This was just for a tune in general. Then I had many questions about the lopey idle part, not wanting the lund version. He answered all of them, and let me know that his was not a copy of the lund version, but his own made from scratch.

Well after speaking with him and getting all the info I would ever need, I pulled the trigger. But in keeping with safety, Shaun refused to send me the tune until I send him some pre-tune datalogs to prove my car was healthy and not in danger of toasting a piston. I got a clean bill of health, so he sent it over. But I was also required to do post-tune datalogs so he can dial it in and make it run oh so sweet. Which is where we are now. I was sending over logs, but Im an amateur and dont know how to use live link correctly, so its not complete just yet. But it is very safe. Now on to the impressions.

The new found power from the tune is just sick. I had no idea this car could feel so much stronger than it already did with nothing more than a tune. Im still stock otherwise, no CAI, and this car now RIPS!!!! Secondly, Shaun figured out how to remove some factory "power clips" as he calls them. Let me tell you, the car just snaps between shifts with no more hint of hesitation. I can easily powershift into 4th and get much more than a chirp. The throttle response feels better too, but he claims he did nothing with it. Oh well, it feels better to me. The car yanks your head off in 1-4 now if you can get traction. The power increase and ability to wind it out now is far worth the price of admission. Now on to the lope......

The lope is far more..........much more than you can hear in youtube videos. I had my car loping in the garage, and it shook the whole house. My wife normally doesnt care about my car or what Im doing to it, but she took the time to get out of bed a few nights ago and come down to chew me out for shaking the house and waking the kids up. I had no idea this was going to lope so hard....but I LOVE IT! And to those that call it a poser mod and so on, you have no idea. The car shakes and rocks like it has a monster bigblock with a huge cam. Its so very cool and sounds like sex. The drivability is as expected below the lope threshold of 1100rpm. Its a handful to drive slow, but all you need to do is to take the revs up to 1100 or more and ride it out from there. Completely stock feeling at that point. There are no other quirks with it or anything that I can see. Just the total experience of having a huge cam, and all the looks and thumbs up that come with it. I couldnt be happier. And I cant wait to see the faces of the people when I come loping into the car shows this summer in my car. Its going to be epic, and I would gladly be called a poser for it. This is a must have!! Now on to the videos.......

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B60fellqfIE&list=UUAB1MsZ0gpVotGEfGLlzpRQ&index=1&feature=plcp"]2011 Mustang GT AED Idle lope tune - YouTube[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGLSTv0oPNs&feature=related"]2011 Mustang GT AED Idle lope tune - YouTube[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_skxQrwoDE&feature=related"]2011 Mustang GT AED Idle lope tune - YouTube[/nomedia]

ViciousJay

Established Member
Curious when does the lope kick in? i had major issues with mine and was forced into the lope after it warmed to 160* I might be giving AED a call sooner then later if this is fixed

also how is the drivability?

Last edited:

SicShelby09

Banned
Curious when does the lope kick in? i had major issues with mine and was forced into the lope after it warmed to 160* I might be giving AED a call sooner then later if this is fixed

also how is the drivability?

You have to let it idle for only a few seconds. Then you tap the gas and the idle will drop and start to lope. Its like a switch. If you just start the car cold and let it run, it wont lope until it fully warms up and the high idle naturally drops. If you want it to lope right away, just fire it up, let the idle settle high then tap the gas. It will drop and start to lope. Its a great way to do it. If the car is already up to temp, then you can start it up and as soon as the idle comes down from the startup, it will lope.

Oh and it drives just fine stop and go as well as WOT. No killing or stumbling. Just remember it drives like a cam car below 1100rpm. If you want to avoid the bucking, then just bring it up over 1100 to start out then you are fine. My older GT500 did the same thing because of the ceramic clutch. If you let off at too low of an RPM, the car would grab at the clutch causing it to buck so bad. I got used to releasing and riding it out at a higher RPM so this is normal to me.

Last edited:

acrbill

Established Member
I will be doing this come spring time. I contacted him and he said they can do this on an auto car.

Oh. Welcome back (again) Shelby. LOL

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Really glad you're happy with Shaun's tune man.. AED does some amazing stuff with these cars that's for sure. :beer:

SicShelby09

Banned
^^ Oh if you only knew half the damn story of that punk kids car..

Yeah. I read those threads before I went with shaun, and that kid is way out there. I wont bring that argument here, but lets just say he refuses to accept the greatest customer service known to man to fix his hardware issues. I give no credit to tuners....aka tooners who will tune around real hardware issues with cars to make them run right and make the customer happy. That silly, and will make the issue worse in the future. Shaun was nice enough to post in that kids threads to STILL help him even after he bad mouths him there. Silly.

And its good to be back acrbill!! You will love this tune.

Turbosixx

Established Member
Glad you like it, I like the lope sound but I couldnt bring myself to do that to my car.

SicShelby09

Banned
As for the cats, Im sure its not healthy for them. But I dont care. Im going to get those cat delete pipes to get rid of mine. Then Im going to get rid of the muffler deletes and get some sort of real aftermarket muffler. Or maybe the GT500s. That will keep the sound in check, but still make it offroad and will keep the lope nice.

acrbill

Established Member
I had a notch with a healthy cam that didn't sound all that nasty because the exhaust went straight out. I had a GT with a mild cam that sounded nice because the pipes reflected off the ground. Weld some cutouts in your H pipe that face the ground and I bet it sounds NASTY!

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
Is there a website or contact info for Shaun? Id like to pick up a lopey idle tune to see how it does.

Users who are viewing this thread