Got my AED lopey Idle tune!!

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Hell yeah it would. But you know at that point Im sure Ford Racing would step in and have a fit over it. Even if they are not doing it the same way as the real track key. Im sure it will get unlocked sometime soon. That would be the best case scenario.

What can they do? They should be offering it as well. I would bet if they had a lopey idle Pro-Cal MyKey option, they would sell plenty of them.

For me, it is a cool novelty. If I were going to a car show/cruise, etc., it would be cool to roll up with a paint mixer idle. But in traffic every morning, no. LOL.

Mike

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Honestly I just got this "novelty" tune for basically rolling into car shows with and sitting in the staging lanes at the track. Its a cool feature, and I would have gotten cams in any other car I had just for the sound this tune makes. It sounds like sex, and it was one tenth of the price of doing real cams. And I dont plan on making an NA monster out of this car, so I would not be able to get this sound otherwise. I wouldnt waste the money on cams when I can just do a blower and be done with it. Take it for what its worth, but to me its a great feature/product for what I want it for. Call me a poser if you want, but I love it and thats all that matters.

I'm glad its working perfect for your needs. As shauns tune will work both for the track an for street an for car shows or just to show off to friends. It's a win win win.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
just to add to all of this.....

I have had a cammed tune with someone else and then went with shaun to see how his tunes compaired and wasnt pleased at first and its been slow moving (i work and dont have a whole lot of time to log tunes) but i always get a response from shaun with in 15-20mins of sending him a e-mail rather its a call or a e-mail. I have talked to him on the phone a few times (actaully calls me to see how things are running) and most of which were 30mins or longer just taking about the tune and all kinds of other stuff. not only is he knowledgeable and quick to respond he also takes the time to actually talk to his customers and explain everything and even put it into retard terms if you dont know something. slowly getting there with the tune but i have full confidence once we clear this hurdle we have discovered in my tune that i will have one bad ass sounding lope and a car that completely moves the F out (my no lope tune is insane full of power, just idles like a stock lame ass 5.0, thats no fun :)).

Last edited:

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member

I have had a cammed tune and went with shaun and wasnt pleased at first and its be slow moving (i work and dont have a whole lot of time to log tunes) but i always get a response from shaun with in 15-20mins of sending him a e-mail rather its a call or a e-mail. I have talked to him on the phone a few times and most of which were 30mins or longer just taking about the tune and all kinds of other stuff. not only his he knowledgeable and quick to respond he also takes the time to actually talk to his customers and explain everything and even put it into retard terms if you dont know something. slowly getting there with the tune but i have full confidence once we clear this next hurdle we have discoverd that i will have one bad ass sounding lope and a car that completely moved the F out (my no lope tune is insane full of power, just idles like a stock lame ass 5.0 thats no fun :)).

my damn tax return is not getting here fast enough! I cant wait to hear this tune on my setup.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

I have had a cammed tune with someone else and then went with shaun to see how his tunes compaired and wasnt pleased at first and its been slow moving (i work and dont have a whole lot of time to log tunes) but i always get a response from shaun with in 15-20mins of sending him a e-mail rather its a call or a e-mail. I have talked to him on the phone a few times (actaully calls me to see how things are running) and most of which were 30mins or longer just taking about the tune and all kinds of other stuff. not only is he knowledgeable and quick to respond he also takes the time to actually talk to his customers and explain everything and even put it into retard terms if you dont know something. slowly getting there with the tune but i have full confidence once we clear this hurdle we have discovered in my tune that i will have one bad ass sounding lope and a car that completely moves the F out (my no lope tune is insane full of power, just idles like a stock lame ass 5.0, thats no fun :)).

good info here. im Sure youll be very pleased when the lope tune gets down perfect. Shaun is the man :rockon:

98ss88mm

Established Member
I cant understand how people come up with these "hurt the motor" ideas... this may be new to Ford's world, but honda and toyota have been doing this for A LONG TIME. And as someone else pointed out, the AED guy I think it was, the cam timing moves around ALOT as you drive. The idle is no different than any other operating RPM when you break it down...

I think they sound cool, but not a fan. Owning a car with a twin disc and BIG camshaft that you cant even cruise in under 2k rpms has made me LOVE the drivability of these cars lol. But to the OP, sounds good! I hear/read a lot of good things about AED so hopefully they keep it up. The market needs this type of support.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread