Got my AED lopey Idle tune!!

DEADLY FORCE

Established Member
I got a question for you Sicshelby09, a little off topic, but do you or anyone know if you can or can not get the lopey idle tune for supercharged applications? If not, why so?

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
if you do that, you wouldnt need the "lopey" tune anymore, you'd have the real thing :lol:

it still is the real thing, the car lopes because the cams are big enough. they are just tuned from factory to not run as advanced on the cam shaft as it does during higher rpm which has the longer duration(at least my understanding of it).

FiveLeeter918

OK Performance Fords
Established Member
Very cool vids. I have been debating on what tune to get when I get mine. An SCT will come quickly if I don't break down and get one even before I get the car.

SicShelby09

Banned
i wouldnt mind meeting up and you drive my car and let me drive yours... i also have other tunes we can test

Thats cool man. I would have no problem with that. Im way up north by the wisconson boarder though. I think you are way south if I remember correctly? But I head to a ton of car shows and track days, so you should come out for some of those.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Thats cool man. I would have no problem with that. Im way up north by the wisconson boarder though. I think you are way south if I remember correctly? But I head to a ton of car shows and track days, so you should come out for some of those.

yea maybe,, im not into car shows, once youve been to one youve been to them all and same with track days. Also having a house, big family and 3 dogs kind of swamps my weekends rather quick

Last edited:

acrbill

Established Member
I like the revision. I still think it would sound better bouncing off the ground. My stock cammed 88gt sounded better than my cammed notch because of the way the exhaust tips angled.

Here is my notch with the exhaust facing the back of the garage.
http://acrbill.com/notch/idl.MOV

I can't wait to get this tune for my auto.

gkviper192

Established Member
And one more thing I hate to say, but one of the main reasons I bought this car was because of the lopey idle tune feature. When I first found out about it, I was floored that this could be done with just the tune. Then I spent like 3 moths watching all the youtube videos of the lund cars with it just wishing I could get this done with my GT500. Then when a deal on a new GT and a huge trade in allowance for my GT500 presented it self to me, I couldnt pass it up. Since then(june '11), I have been waiting to get this tune installed but didnt want the lund version. I had contacted Shaun months ago about his, but I had to wait until it was ready for distribution. Now that I have it, I couldnt be happier. And I cant wait for car show/track season. If the tune somehow magicly breaks something, then I made my own bed. No big deal. I only need a very small excuse to get me a built MMR setup if you know what I mean. So anyone else have any Q's for me>?

May I ask what your reason was for staying away from the Lund tune?

SicShelby09

Banned
May I ask what your reason was for staying away from the Lund tune?

There were several reasons.

1. I tried to contact him 6 times via email and phone and he never returned my effort. I had several questions that his "vendors" could not answer about the cam tune, and they told me to contact him.......

2. His vendors (Evo/Lethal) told me that I would have to repurchase the tune for any new mods in the future and that I should just go ahead and get the CAI/tune pkg from them now to save money in the long run. I wasnt sure I even wanted a CAI. Plus I wanted to do several other power mods in the next coming months and didnt want to pay another $175 each time to have the tune changed..... Thats crazy!

3. His tune has poor drivability and no support.

4. His tunes have been linked to the #8 fiasco, and he would never answer me to provide an explaination why I wouldnt have to worry about that with one of his tunes. In other words, did he change the tune to make it more safe or whatever?? Again, communication is the key for me here. I would rather go down the street and pay more for better service even if the products are the same.

5. After speaking with Shaun before the sale, he informed me why his tunes are different and what makes them different. I liked what I heard, and pulled the trigger. Couldnt be happier. Between me and Shaun, I have 50+ emails easy talking about the tune and logs. Not to mention atleast 10 phone conversations we have had. Thats outstanding service.

:rockon:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread