Godzilla is going to be a beast

john11gt

Established Member
This is the only thing from Ford that I’ve Been excited for, for a long time.

790hp NA while setup for a blower. Still on stock heads.
I don’t have Wolfe’s Facebook for the graph, maybe someone here does.

4C66A5D5-EC7F-4760-ADBE-F561DA135FFA.jpeg

john11gt

Established Member
Who was the first to tell you this engine was going to be something special?

I just hope that ford puts these things in everything so that swaps are more feasible.

If I have to buy It as a crate engine just to get the thing, then they probably won’t take off, regardless of how good they are.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
It’s making some steam, shall be interesting with boost. Solid roller, aluminum rods, shaft mount rockers, 12.5:1, custom forged pistons...this thing got the works and it ain’t cheap! This isn’t a motor you put in a daily for sure.

This is what Ford should have done 25 years ago.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I know these numbers are nuts for what was done in comparison, but for perspective, how crazy are these numbers? Is there any other motor out there that these kinds of results can compare to in order to put it in perspective? 790 NA horsepower seems absolutely insane to me, but how difficult is that to achieve on similarly sized engines from other manufacturers?

john11gt

Established Member
I know these numbers are nuts for what was done in comparison, but for perspective, how crazy are these numbers? Is there any other motor out there that these kinds of results can compare to in order to put it in perspective? 790 NA horsepower seems absolutely insane to me, but how difficult is that to achieve on similarly sized engines from other manufacturers?

Eh, I think the 7.3 is like 43x-44x CI, so less than 2hp per ci here, which isn’t crazy, over 2hp/ci is impressive.

I was planning my 363 build and I was shooting for about 650hp with readily available parts.

I’m more impressed that it was done with stock heads.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Eh, I think the 7.3 is like 43x-44x CI, so less than 2hp per ci here, which isn’t crazy, over 2hp/ci is impressive.

I was planning my 363 build and I was shooting for about 650hp with readily available parts.

I’m more impressed that it was done with stock heads.

That's a good point to bring it back into perspective.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Uh...12.5:1 Wisco pistons..."compression ratio not intended for NA power"
WTF...? Am I that far out of the loop?
What is the new standard...? 14:1 for NA and 12.5:1 for boosted applications?
Although, I'm assuming this is race only hardware, not for the streeeeeet.

The aluminum rods give away its intended purpose.

I told you guys this things has some of the best heads going for a 2V application.

andymarkv

Established Member
The aluminum rods give away its intended purpose.

I told you guys this things has some of the best heads going for a 2V application.
With this kind of max effort...this thing is going to make HUGE power on stock ported heads.

Man I hope Ford has plans for this other than just HD trucks... I'm not holding my breath, but an aluminum NA Big Block Mustang would be phenomenal!

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member

To put this in to perspective, SAM did a 440” ls7 that made well into the 800s with a HYDRAULIC ROLLER and at 8300rpm, AND that was 5 years ago iirc. I remember they made over 1000 with a solid roller and spinning it to 9500 in a max effort 430” build over a decade ago. These motors should be on par with each other but unless Ford grows a pair and sticks it in more vehicles, it will never have the aftermarket support the Ls does.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
The wife wants a Super Duty and I've been all "gotta have the diesel", but now.......hmm

I'll still probably go with the diesel, but I'm thoroughly impressed with that gasser.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
The wife wants a Super Duty and I've been all "gotta have the diesel", but now.......hmm

I'll still probably go with the diesel, but I'm thoroughly impressed with that gasser.
Gasser with Whipple. Better than diesel.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread