Godzilla is going to be a beast

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
The wife wants a Super Duty and I've been all "gotta have the diesel", but now.......hmm

I'll still probably go with the diesel, but I'm thoroughly impressed with that gasser.

2020 6.7 PS is 1,050 lb-ft @ 1,800 rpm.

Get the diesel!

I was thinking about upgrading my 2017 once Trumpy wins, the 2020 colors are not doin it for me.

E

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
As long as half tons count towards CAFE numbers, I don't see this ever finding it's way into the F150 without major fuel saving changes. DoD being one of them, which everyone hates.
It could see 15/16-19/20mpg area with better gears and a lighter chassis. Not terrible but certainly does not help towards the ever more restricted conditions.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Also shrink the entire truck by 10% and I’d want one more.
And I drive a ‘20 Ram 1500 Laramie I park in my home garage. Smaller would be lighter, easier everyday, better performance and mpg. Just like the S550 size increase, cars and trucks are getting past the optimal size tipping point.
-J

andymarkv

Established Member
Also shrink the entire truck by 10% and I’d want one more.
And I drive a ‘20 Ram 1500 Laramie I park in my home garage. Smaller would be lighter, easier everyday, better performance and mpg. Just like the S550 size increase, cars and trucks are getting past the optimal size tipping point.
-J
Agreed. All current trucks feel too big.
I drove an '06 Sliverado for 13 years...when I got my '18 F150 it felt huge in comparison.
I would much rather have a smaller proportioned truck, and an improved turning radius.

andymarkv

Established Member
I've said it before...but man I hope Brain can convince the "right" people at Ford to do something special with this engine!

Although...with Mother Mopar getting lots of press from their "Hellcat everything" campaign...the Predator 5.2 is better positioned for an all out HP war.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Sadly, we’ve seen it before with the 6.2 Raptor/Super Duty and not getting aftermarket traction.
I think this 7.3 has more potential going for it, so I hope this pans out farther than just Brian’s build.
Can’t wait to see this thing pissed off under boost from that 3.8 Whipple!
-J

Users who are viewing this thread