Getting ready for the third "Rose Bowl" Cruise...Rose Bowl not included

edgars23

The Stable Productions
Established Member
Hey Guys,
Thanks for everyone who came out to this cruise. This cruise really showed how responsible us muscle car owners can be. Whether it was a ford or gm we were all very safe and curtious to each other. I want to send big thanks out to both Mystifi and Scott818. Scott818 was able to give us a nice route to the freeway from the woodland hills rally point and Randy pretty much came up with the route route at SB and where to go hang after our lunch. He also hooked us all up with those 15% discount cards.
For those of you that were worried about the weather conditions and our safety, I drove lead car most of the way and no one got over 55 unless we were in clear skies and an open stretch of freeway. We were all aware of the situation and all drove extremely responsibly. However, I thank you alll for your concerns. That just goes to show on howmuch we here at SVTP car about each others safety.
It is unfortunate that the rains hit us during this weekend and scared off well over 50% of our signups (only 33 cars showed up and 2 more in arcadia that didnt cruise with us). But we are planning this exact cruise to happen again sometime in the summer. As Randy mentioned, there is talk about a cruise to the San Diego area as well as cruises that are being thought about (a Nor Cal and So Cal get together and even a Vegas cruise). Only time will tell with those.
Finally, for all those that were there and need some space to host you video's drop either me or wallie40 a pm. We can most likely help you out, and if you don't mind, we may use some of your clips in our own video (with your permission of course). Thanks again to everyone and we will see each other at the next one.
-Edgar

Unicorn

Boooyah!
Established Member
For those of you guys who did not go, you guys missed out. maybe next time. Driving in the rain was awesome, in case you guys did not notice, i was not running windshield wipers And yes my car is lowered as well!!!!! check out the pics and you wont see any on my car. I have a 2valve,but if i had a blown 4valve, ooooo man, i would of really pushed it 1 step further. Sn95stangman,sorry for the loss of your side skirt, its weird how no body saw it fly off. Camera guy,that was pretty cool how you smoked that old camaro hot rod on the freeway,your exhaust sounds KILLER!!!!!!!!! o and that kenne bell too.

Mike McRann

Established Member
I was one of the people that decided to not continue the cruise due to weather. When we left Arcadia I thought about staying with you guys, but when the rain started coming down hard and I couldn't see in front of my car I dropped out as I didn't feel it was safe.

I have some questions about a possible Vegas cruise...Is this going to be an overnight thing where we drive up in the morning and spend the night, or drive up for a few hours and come back?
Laughlin might be another option for a cruise also.
Either way I plan on coming with you next time.

Last edited:

nitestalker1982

Raider Nation Member
Established Member
yup, another dropout here, it was pouring in my neck of the woods :cryying: , so I played it safe. Hope you guys had a blast, see you guys next cruise or at FFF... :beer:

wtsn8ke

Established Member
3rd annual Rose Bowl cruise

Damn, I live in Woodland Hills. Would have loved to go had I known about it. Hope everyone had a great time despite the weather.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xjman1

Established Member
Mike McRann said:
I have some questions about a possible Vegas cruise...Is this going to be an overnight thing where we drive up in the morning and spend the night, or drive up for a few hours and come back?
Laughlin might be another option for a cruise also.
Either way I plan on coming with you next time.

We have been throwing this idea around at our monthly GTG in Camarillo. Plan would be to spend a night there to have some fun. One day that has came to mind is April 14-17 for the NHRA event or a day in May/June to go cruise with the Vegas locals.

Slo65

o harro ^_^
Established Member
*sigh* i didnt check my private messages till today (the 20th) doh!, either way i worked allll day yesterday (a shitty day at work i might add)

Mike McRann

Established Member
Xjman1 said:
We have been throwing this idea around at our monthly GTG in Camarillo. Plan would be to spend a night there to have some fun. One day that has came to mind is April 14-17 for the NHRA event or a day in May/June to go cruise with the Vegas locals.

Sounds like a good idea to me. If you decide to plan a Vegas cruise maybe we can get a good deal on hotels if we have lots of people sign-up for the trip.

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
Unicorn said:
For those of you guys who did not go, you guys missed out. maybe next time. Driving in the rain was awesome, in case you guys did not notice, i was not running windshield wipers And yes my car is lowered as well!!!!! check out the pics and you wont see any on my car. I have a 2valve,but if i had a blown 4valve, ooooo man, i would of really pushed it 1 step further. Sn95stangman,sorry for the loss of your side skirt, its weird how no body saw it fly off. Camera guy,that was pretty cool how you smoked that old camaro hot rod on the freeway,your exhaust sounds KILLER!!!!!!!!! o and that kenne bell too.

Dude, the last thing you needed to do was push it more, you barely had contol over your fake-ass beat up saleen, let alone a kenne bell cobra. I don't know how everyone felt, but it made me and other people pretty angry when you did that donut in e-bar. First off you came about 6 inches away from hitting my cobra, and scared the shit out of my girlfriend when you almost smacked into me.

Second off you came even closer to hitting that white 98 snake and my buddies 94 cobra. I would have been fuming if you had shot mud all over my cobra like you did his. The donuts in the parking lot would have been cool, but why didnt you do them away from everyone?

You know, we are trying to keep somewhat of a low profile in case you didnt notice..and doing a donut in a restuarant parking lot isnt exactly helping keep the cops away. Not trying to be a dick, but next time, show some more respect.

Other than that the cruise was ok., but the rain put such a hamper on it. If we go to san diego next, I will organize where we go. My home town baby!!!

Last edited:

SVTZEUS

SVT Lightning
Established Member
The cruise was cool, especially making the people scream on State Blvd.with the exhaust sounds. :rockon:

Mystifi

Established Member
SVTZEUS said:
The cruise was cool, especially making the people scream on State Blvd.with the exhaust sounds. :rockon:

Yes imagine doing that with close to 100 cars! People just stopped in their tracks :-D Hopefully we can do this exact cruise in the summer when there is no rain! :rockon:

0440thStang

Established Member
Yeah it seemed like every other person walking around down there was pointing at one of our cars. My other half started giving me crab when I started revving the engine and everyone else started up. She just doesn't appreciate the true sound of power.

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
0440thStang said:
Yeah it seemed like every other person walking around down there was pointing at one of our cars. My other half started giving me crab when I started revving the engine and everyone else started up. She just doesn't appreciate the true sound of power.
she probably drives a civic.

Unicorn

Boooyah!
Established Member
first off,the way i see it everyone was pushing it at some point,wether it was on the freeway going over 100 or on state street i believe it is, Reving their engines,any of those actions is not considered keeping a low profile.I have been doing donuts for a long long time now and it might of looked like i had no control,but i did have some.You should not be calling my car what u did because remember,there is always someone out there with a better ride who will look down on yours.Show some respect towards other peoples cars.And in case you would like to know,YES i do have a REAL SALEEN, ask anyone who knows me and they will tell you.as far as splashing a few cars,comon,the day was filled with rain,what are a few aplashes going to do? Also,when it comes to cruises,street races or whatever, loud exhaust,burnouts and unsafe driving should be expected.Thats the way it is in the motorsport business. Even professionals commit unsafe acts. I know where you are coming from and i realize that to you it might of looked like i pushed it,and maybe i did but hey,i had fun and the others that did them also had fun. I am not trying to be a dick,especially to another Stang owner. Great cruise guys!!
BmoseleyINC said:
Dude, the last thing you needed to do was push it more, you barely had contol over your fake-ass beat up saleen, let alone a kenne bell cobra. I don't know how everyone felt, but it made me and other people pretty angry when you did that donut in e-bar. First off you came about 6 inches away from hitting my cobra, and scared the shit out of my girlfriend when you almost smacked into me.

Second off you came even closer to hitting that white 98 snake and my buddies 94 cobra. I would have been fuming if you had shot mud all over my cobra like you did his. The donuts in the parking lot would have been cool, but why didnt you do them away from everyone?

You know, we are trying to keep somewhat of a low profile in case you didnt notice..and doing a donut in a restuarant parking lot isnt exactly helping keep the cops away. Not trying to be a dick, but next time, show some more respect.

Other than that the cruise was ok., but the rain put such a hamper on it. If we go to san diego next, I will organize where we go. My home town baby!!!

Unicorn

Boooyah!
Established Member
Well people,im off to Malaysia shortly to check out Michael Schumacher race his ferrari. I will make sure to tell my friends over there to check out this website and especially the pics. see you guys at the next one....

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
Unicorn said:
first off,the way i see it everyone was pushing it at some point,wether it was on the freeway going over 100 or on state street i believe it is, Reving their engines,any of those actions is not considered keeping a low profile.I have been doing donuts for a long long time now and it might of looked like i had no control,but i did have some.You should not be calling my car what u did because remember,there is always someone out there with a better ride who will look down on yours.Show some respect towards other peoples cars.And in case you would like to know,YES i do have a REAL SALEEN, ask anyone who knows me and they will tell you.as far as splashing a few cars,comon,the day was filled with rain,what are a few aplashes going to do? Also,when it comes to cruises,street races or whatever, loud exhaust,burnouts and unsafe driving should be expected.Thats the way it is in the motorsport business. Even professionals commit unsafe acts. I know where you are coming from and i realize that to you it might of looked like i pushed it,and maybe i did but hey,i had fun and the others that did them also had fun. I am not trying to be a dick,especially to another Stang owner. Great cruise guys!!

Im all about getting crazy, trust me, I do some insane shit, but I dont do it 6 inches form other's people mustangs...Just be careful man ,the last thing I want is a crashed car. Next time lets all do donuts, but a little farther away :lol: :lol: Sorry if I attacked you, or your mustang ,lets just be a little more careful next time because you seriously came within a foot of all of our cars, and that's not cool..alot of are hearts jumped into our throats because we thought you were going to smash into us..alright enough with the parental shit...See ya next cruise. :beer:

Unicorn

Boooyah!
Established Member
:beer: :banana: :pepper: i'll be more careful next time. Look forward to next cruise.
BmoseleyINC said:
Im all about getting crazy, trust me, I do some insane shit, but I dont do it 6 inches form other's people mustangs...Just be careful man ,the last thing I want is a crashed car. Next time lets all do donuts, but a little farther away :lol: :lol: Sorry if I attacked you, or your mustang ,lets just be a little more careful next time because you seriously came within a foot of all of our cars, and that's not cool..alot of are hearts jumped into our throats because we thought you were going to smash into us..alright enough with the parental shit...See ya next cruise. :beer:

Boktoe

How You Love That.
Established Member
I'm a little late but I just wanted to say it was a great turn out due to the circumstances! Im glad the weather was not to harsh on us.
Thanks for everyone that came out and it was fun meeting you all. I hope to do this soon but on a bright sunny day :coolman:
Mike

gmendoza

Established Member
BmoseleyINC said:
Im all about getting crazy, trust me, I do some insane shit, but I dont do it 6 inches form other's people mustangs...Just be careful man ,the last thing I want is a crashed car. Next time lets all do donuts, but a little farther away :lol: :lol: .......lot of are hearts jumped into our throats because we thought you were going to smash into us..alright enough with the parental shit...See ya next cruise. :beer:

I felt the same way, and this is comming from a Camaro guy whose car was no where near.

Overall, awsome cruise. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread