Getting ready for the third "Rose Bowl" Cruise...Rose Bowl not included

0440thStang

Established Member
It was pouring out here and the lights kept flashing. It looks like it's slowing down though here. I'm about a mile from the Costco here in Oxnard. I hope it stops. Not looking like it will though. Anyone seen about roads being closed?? 69sta03cobradan the Costco is at the Rose exit on Ventura off of the Auto Center Drive.

duane v

Established Member
Should call it a day :( ..Electricity is out throughout SoCal...Getting in your vehicle should be the last thing anyone should be thinking about, unless its an emergency...Theres nothing to prove here people, its dangerous out there and not worth the risk...DA snake boy!!

gmendoza

Established Member
Here's is the doopler view. It looks like there is rain throughout the whole route. So is it still on?
us_lax_closeradar_large_usen.jpg

Mystifi

Established Member
OK the rain has stopped up in SB for the time being. I actually see some blue skies out over the ocean. Hopefully the GODS will co-operate. Probably about half our group will be headed down. The rest will meet us over at the E-bar.

Bullitt207

Established Member
It is pouring rain here, NO sign of slowing. the 101 between ventura and SB maybe shut down later today. FYI

duane v

Established Member
Bullitt207 said:
It is pouring rain here, NO sign of slowing. the 101 between ventura and SB maybe shut down later today. FYI
The local news has also stated that sink holes are a grave concern due to the large accumulation of water, and have asked motorist to stay off the highways...DA snake boy!!!

duane v

Established Member
WhiteSaleen248 said:
People still going?
Beleive it or not yes :( ...Im kinda worried about those guys :( ...IMO the person organizing this event is kinda showing a dis-regard for peoples safety by not cancelling this event, its definately not worth the video footage..hopefully theyll use some common sense in turning around heading back home...DA snake boy!!!

maddrabitt

Established Member
well we tried. I was only doing 40 on the 5 and was damn near doing doughnuts. Screw you mother nature!!!I feel bad that Doug flew all the way out here just to get pissed on

NiteMare

Established Member
I got up to go meet up with the people at the Woodland Hills meet spot and it's raining LIKE CRAZY!!!!

Wow, this is the loudest I've heard the rain in the longest time...I'm going to head out to the meet spot to see if anyone shows but this is nuts...The meet place is like a couple miles from my house and I'm almost scared to drive there...haha

If you guys do plan to go, be careful, this rain is crazy...On all the days for it to rain so much, it had to be today.

:(

Bullitt207

Established Member
The weather channel said the worst rain should be past (ventura) us now.

Oxnard is still on flood watch.

Looks like SB might be done with rain till this afternoon.

duane v

Established Member
NiteMare said:
I got up to go meet up with the people at the Woodland Hills meet spot and it's raining LIKE CRAZY!!!!

Wow, this is the loudest I've heard the rain in the longest time...I'm going to head out to the meet spot to see if anyone shows but this is nuts...The meet place is like a couple miles from my house and I'm almost scared to drive there...haha

If you guys do plan to go, be careful, this rain is crazy...On all the days for it to rain so much, it had to be today.

:(
Please be careful Babak, I'd feel much better if you went home and chilled...DA snake boy!!!

2000ROD

Major bummer, I was really looking forward to going but it's a long way from San Diego with low tread on my 555's. Be safe, hopefully next time for me.

NiteMare

Established Member
I went out there at 9 and there were about 5-6 cars...I stuck around for a while til the group coming to meet us there got there...When I got to the meeting point it was still raining hard, but right before the group got there it stopped....Right now it's not raining at all and the sun is almost peeking out...haha, California weather makes no sense...

I hope that the guys that did go are safe...It was about 10-15 of em...

Users who are viewing this thread