Fusion sport is official!

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Its certainly interesting! I love my SHO, but its a big girl.

Built a fully loaded everything Fusion online and it topped out at 37k. If they keep a base sport around 30-32k thats pretty sweet!

Also wish it was the 3.5, but i'm sure the 2.7 can show some great gains with a few tweaks. Curious what AWD system they'll be using too.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Yes, a $100k+ Nissan on the level of most exotics is truly comparable to the $35k price point.

My post should have been clearer and limited arguments to cars under $40k and for this I apologize lol.

I guess the R34 and older GTRs slipped your mind. What about the Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4? Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX? Subaru SVX? Subaru Imprezza WRX STi Spec B (or 2.5RS)? Eagle Talon TSi? Yes, you should have been more clear because there have been TONS of AWD sport coupes.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I guess the R34 and older GTRs slipped your mind. What about the Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4? Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX? Subaru SVX? Subaru Imprezza WRX STi Spec B (or 2.5RS)? Eagle Talon TSi? Yes, you should have been more clear because there have been TONS of AWD sport coupes.

This isnt the 90's.

Those cars sucked, lets be honest. The 3Si platform was an overpriced unreliable pos. The DSM platform only got good once they were selling for used under $10k and you could make them run stupid fast for stupid cheap and find replacement parts in junkyards. Older GTR's are nissan fanboi's wet dreams at most. Subie? Cmon.

Theres probably a good reason most of your AWD offerings nowadays are Sedans and not Coupes. Subaru's current coupe offering is a RWD naturally aspirated 2 liter. Mitsubishi doesnt even make the Evo or a coupe anything anymore and is probably pulling out of north america altogether.

Last edited:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
the SHO is 0-60 5.0-5.2 13.6-13.8 @103-105.

i can see the FS = 0-06 4.7-4.9 13.1-13.3 @104-106. easily becoming far and away the fastest car in its class, and hammering the 340i BMW just released.

Um......ATS?

2000gt4.6

Established Member
down only 10hp with similar TQ, the two should probably be a drivers race with one having a killer design and the other being a GM product.

Lol, perfect.

Also, starting at mid 40s vs at most, fully fully loaded for 39,999.

Edit: unless your trying to compare a 40k or less car to a 65k+ car I guess.

Last edited:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
This isnt the 90's.

Those cars sucked, lets be honest. The 3Si platform was an overpriced unreliable pos. The DSM platform only got good once they were selling for used under $10k and you could make them run stupid fast for stupid cheap and find replacement parts in junkyards. Older GTR's are nissan fanboi's wet dreams at most. Subie? Cmon.

Theres probably a good reason most of your AWD offerings nowadays are Sedans and not Coupes. Subaru's current coupe offering is a RWD naturally aspirated 2 liter. Mitsubishi doesnt even make the Evo or a coupe anything anymore and is probably pulling out of north america altogether.

Well, if you want more recent offerings, do the Audi S5 and RS5 ring any bells?

o2gt

Established Member
i think this will be a fast when tuned. should be tons of fun. the edge and f150 seem to make large both torque and HP gains with only a tune. I guess the potential for power will be less than the SHO, but the Fusion should be able to keep up since it appears it should weigh a good bit less.

Dusten

Established Member
The only difference a Fusion Sport Coupe and a Mustang would be an additional 0.5L displacement, additional 20hp and additional two front wheels being driven as well, with the additional weight to boot. I dont think that justifies an entirely separate car to fill such a niche spot. Aside from being AWD, their moving performance would be stupidly equal, and I doubt the fusion chassis is built as rigid as the S550 so lets not even act like the car will handle nearly as good as the Mustang.

Styling wise, I think the 15+ mustang and 13+ fusion coupe would be too similar to be offered on the same car lots.
A sedan turned to coupe loses two doors, but retains rear seat space. The mustang has no rear seat space.

o2gt

Established Member
Not excited about this at all. 3,800 lb car + only 325 HP & $35k+? Hard pass.

I think the upside is a tune should make really good power. will there be faster sedans? sure there will, but ford is giving us something new. Based on the current model weights I think it should be less than 3,800.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Not excited about this at all. 3,800 lb car + only 325 HP & $35k+? Hard pass.

This is probably why it is nothing more than just a Sport. They weren't looking to make anything world class but the hp in this segment is far from normal.

TK Doom

Established Member
Yay! My new car! just have to wait a little longer...always said I'd buy a Fusion with some balls.

The SHO is just too big for me, and I've tried hard to like it.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
You can buy a lightly used 2012 Lexus LS460, LS460L, LS460 Sport or LS600h for around $35,000

just sayin.

I'm pretty sure those who buy Fusion's don't have anything from the kexus line up on their radar. This sounds like a cheap, filler jalop article. "For The Price of a NEW Fusion Sport You can Buy a USED Lexus Instead!"

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Awesome! This might be the ideal next-car for my wife. She's now driving a '12 Hyundai Azera, but I'm not a huge fan of the car. I'll definitely look at this one with her.

Users who are viewing this thread