Fusion sport is official!

Commbubba19

because racecar....crash
Established Member
Geez - this went way off topic.

If the transmission is stout, and the AWD aint shitty, with a tune this would be a 400hp sedan that would whoop on most average cars on the road. Haul 5 and have a roomy trunk with all the latest gadgets for a decent price.

I just hate the way v6's with an exhaust sound. You know there will be aftermarket downpipes and high flow exhausts and i just don't see them sounding very good at all. That's the only real negative i see with this.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Guess you don't like the Ford GT then.

For cars in the supercar/exotic territory thats not a big deal to me.

Knowing what a mass produced bmw 325i, 328i or audi a4, a5, a6, a7, a8 vs s4, s5, Lexus IS250, IS300, IS350, Infinity Q37, Q60, etc, thats annoying. I walk through SDIAS and its like "man, what the **** does any of it mean?" You gotta run to google to figure out what any of it is. But I know a Fiesta from a Focus from a Fusion from a Taurus, or a Cruze to a Malibu, or a Civic to an Accord, or a Corolla to a Camry, etc.

I just read "Go Like Hell" about the Ford/Ferrari Le Mans rivalry, great read, but I found it hard to follow whenever they got into Ferrari cars. I had to have the Ferrari Le Mans wiki page open constantly to get an idea of what car they were racing with. Ford GT was pretty simple, its a ****ing Ford GT.

Dusten

Established Member
Geez - this went way off topic.

If the transmission is stout, and the AWD aint shitty, with a tune this would be a 400hp sedan that would whoop on most average cars on the road. Haul 5 and have a roomy trunk with all the latest gadgets for a decent price.

I just hate the way v6's with an exhaust sound. You know there will be aftermarket downpipes and high flow exhausts and i just don't see them sounding very good at all. That's the only real negative i see with this.
I loke some v6 sounds. I think the 3.0 audi motor ala s4 sounds amazing.

https://youtu.be/dcICyOOXzE8

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
I like some v6 sounds. I think the 3.0 audi motor ala s4 sounds amazing.

https://youtu.be/dcICyOOXzE8

I've heard a couple of the 3.0's in person and they sound great with the right exhaust. While on the subject, I like the sound of my lowly 2.7TT S4.
Closest I can find to my sound, since I have a little bit of an oddball combo, mine is a bit deeper.
[video=youtube;SGLEpXfxlOs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGLEpXfxlOs[/video]

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
So what segment is this competing in? Is it just a family sedan with a little extra spunk? I always wondered why there hasn't been a sportier version of it. It's a great looking car.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
They need to address the high belt/window line and the rear imo. The taillights are too small. Makes the rear look long and chunky.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I'm assuming $60-70K, as an MKS is in the $50K's

At $60K it could be decent value, rumors say it will share the AWD system from the RS and I bet it comes with magnetic shocks.

No way in hell can they expect to get $60K for that car! That's loaded-up Audi S4 money. At $70K, now they're peeping into BMW M3 territory. You could probably cuff a Cadillac ATS-V for around $60K. I don't think anybody would be foolish enough to pay that much for a Fusion when there are so many other (and better) options out there for the same money. Now a 'roided up Fusion RS? Quite possibly. For this car? No way.

I loke some v6 sounds. I think the 3.0 audi motor ala s4 sounds amazing.

Nah. And I own one. That clip was awful.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
No way in hell can they expect to get $60K for that car! That's loaded-up Audi S4 money. At $70K, now they're peeping into BMW M3 territory. You could probably cuff a Cadillac ATS-V for around $60K. I don't think anybody would be foolish enough to pay that much for a Fusion when there are so many other (and better) options out there for the same money. Now a 'roided up Fusion RS? Quite possibly. For this car? No way.

It would be a much bigger car. Not A, C, or 3 series sized. That is the MKZ. The continental would compete with E/S class in size.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
It would be a much bigger car. Not A, C, or 3 series sized. That is the MKZ. The continental would compete with E/S class in size.

Oh. I thought you were still talking about the Fusion. LOL Yeah, I can see the new Continental being priced up there. It's still ambitious, though.

AAG

Established Member
I can't see this car having a sticker price less than the Focus RS. My guess it will start at $37k but it wont sell well so getting one for a couple of grand off shouldn't be too hard (unlike the Focus RS).

o2gt

Established Member
I can't see this car having a sticker price less than the Focus RS. My guess it will start at $37k but it wont sell well so getting one for a couple of grand off shouldn't be too hard (unlike the Focus RS).
I believe the posted an msrp of about $34l

2000gt4.6

Established Member
On the plus side you can save money by leaving it stock. I agree the sound will be a downside to this car.

This is not the type of car to put a loud cat back on anyway.

It's just like my SHO. Even if it was a V8, or if I had screwed up and bought a junk dodge :), I would not mod the exhaust, or at least not the catback.

I have yet to see any catback on virtually any car (double so in this power range) make any real power. And it's a DD. My (and most other people who can buy a 40K 4 door) days of wanting to drive a loud DD are long gone. One of the best parts about it is 400 plus HP in a quiet comfortable car. A friend keeps wanting me to get a catback. I literally do not want it a decibel louder, and this is coming from a guy who traded a mustang with turn downs for it.

I can't believe people are dissing a 325HP AWD fusion. Its already a great car (wife has a '10 and I've rented several entry level '13+ ). Much more solid feeling/better driving than the offerings from dodge/chevy/Buick(rented them too). Much better interior. Handling that really surprises you.

Now it's going to get a refresh and a boosted V6 that will make at least 400 flywheel with just a tune. Almost certainly run 12.80s on a tune, and with AWD run on the streets just like it does on the track. And probably get the new version of sync (whatever they will call it).

Sign me up.

Last edited:

Dusten

Established Member

I did own one, i loved mine. I guess diff strokes for different folks.

o2gt

Established Member
This is not the type of car to put a loud cat back on anyway.

It's just like my SHO. Even if it was a V8, or if I had screwed up and bought a junk dodge :), I would not mod the exhaust, or at least not the catback.

I have yet to see any catback on virtually any car (double so in this power range) make any real power. And it's a DD. My (and most other people who can buy a 40K 4 door) days of wanting to drive a loud DD are long gone. One of the best parts about it is 400 plus HP in a quiet comfortable car. A friend keeps wanting me to get a catback. I literally do not want it a decibel louder, and this is coming from a guy who traded a mustang with turn downs for it.

I can't believe people are dissing a 325HP AWD fusion. Its already a great car (wife has a '10 and I've rented several entry level '13+ ). Much more solid feeling/better driving than the offerings from dodge/chevy/Buick(rented them too). Much better interior. Handling that really surprises you.

Now it's going to get a refresh and a boosted V6 that will make at least 400 flywheel with just a tune. Almost certainly run 12.80s on a tune, and with AWD run on the streets just like it does on the track. And probably get the new version of sync (whatever they will call it).

Sign me up.
can see your point. but if it sounded good with after marker exhaust I would likely add it. I would not want anything super aggressive. I think something like what my stock 2009 bullitt sounded like in terms of volume.

Users who are viewing this thread