Fusion sport is official!

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
This is still a fail. Should have had the 3.5. Thought I read somewhere that the 2.7s are only "safe" at the 350whp mark???

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
FINALLY!! Sadly, though, a Fusion of this sort (or any sort) is no longer on my radar. They waited a few years too long to produce it. They should have made this car way back during the first generation Fusion.

As far as the name goes (Sport vs ST), Ford probably feels that it's not going to perform up to ST standards. There might very well still be an Fusion ST on the books somewhere. A balls to the wall, 400+HP Fusion RS to annoy the Audi S6/BMW 550i Sport/Mercedes E550 Sport would be killer!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
^^^ Agreed.

I was hoping for a 3.5L.

With the 2.7L I'd like to see a coupe version.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
This is still a fail. Should have had the 3.5. Thought I read somewhere that the 2.7s are only "safe" at the 350whp mark???

Yeah, a 350 rwhp/400~ft/lb AWD fusion really sucks.....

LMS made 74hp and 48 lb/ft on tune/tstat only on the 2.7 f150. No exhaust, meth, CAI, etc. I'm sure the gains will only rise like the other EB motors.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Great observation.

So you're saying an AWD Fusion Coupe is the same as a RWD Mustang?

Wasnt referring to driveline layout, just the fact that a fusion coupe would be unnecessary since they have a Mustang for coupe sales already.

Not sure what type of buyer looks at a Fusion and goes "wish it came in 2dr" any more than there are buyers looking at the Mustang and going "wish it came in AWD".

With a 2.3L Ecoboost to boot.

20hp and 0.5L difference, was that even worth responding to?

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wasnt referring to driveline layout, just the fact that a fusion coupe would be unnecessary since they have a Mustang for coupe sales already.

Not sure what type of buyer looks at a Fusion and goes "wish it came in 2dr" any more than there are buyers looking at the Mustang and going "wish it came in AWD".
Several actually.

I'm not saying just make a coupe, but have it as an option.

Not every one that wants a Ford sports car, wants what a Mustang offers.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Several actually.

I'm not saying just make a coupe, but have it as an option.

Not every one that wants a Ford sports car, wants what a Mustang offers.

The only difference a Fusion Sport Coupe and a Mustang would be an additional 0.5L displacement, additional 20hp and additional two front wheels being driven as well, with the additional weight to boot. I dont think that justifies an entirely separate car to fill such a niche spot. Aside from being AWD, their moving performance would be stupidly equal, and I doubt the fusion chassis is built as rigid as the S550 so lets not even act like the car will handle nearly as good as the Mustang.

Styling wise, I think the 15+ mustang and 13+ fusion coupe would be too similar to be offered on the same car lots.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The only difference a Fusion Sport Coupe and a Mustang would be an additional 0.5L displacement, additional 20hp and additional two front wheels being driven as well, with the additional weight to boot. I dont think that justifies an entirely separate car to fill such a niche spot. Aside from being AWD, their moving performance would be stupidly equal, and I doubt the fusion chassis is built as rigid as the S550 so lets not even act like the car will handle nearly as good as the Mustang.

Styling wise, I think the 15+ mustang and 13+ fusion coupe would be too similar to be offered on the same car lots.
A lot of assumptioms.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
interested for sure, i love my SHO but the fusion is a stunning car inside and out and its not really any smaller interior wise.

might have to trade the SHO for one. the SHO gets for what it is, 365hp and 4300lbs....but 3500lbs and 325HP will be probably a touch quicker.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
A lot of assumptioms.

2.3L (Mustang) vs 2.7L (Fusion Sport) = 0.5L
305hp (Mustang 2.3) vs 325hp (Fusion Sport 2.7) = 20hp
RWD (Mustang) vs AWD (Fusion Sport)
3,532lbs (Mustang 2.3) vs at least 3,681lbs (Current 2.0T EB AWD Titanium)

How is this proposed Fusion Coupe going to be any better an offering than the Mustang, aside from when AWD is beneficial?

Unless the coupe form cuts a shitton of weight and/or would come in 3.5L form, I dont see it being much of a seller. If you want a coupe, theres already a car for that. If you want an AWD Coupe, you are doing it wrong.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
2.3L (Mustang) vs 2.7L (Fusion Sport) = 0.5L
305hp (Mustang 2.3) vs 325hp (Fusion Sport 2.7) = 20hp
RWD (Mustang) vs AWD (Fusion Sport)
3,532lbs (Mustang 2.3) vs at least 3,681lbs (Current 2.0T EB AWD Titanium)

How is this proposed Fusion Coupe going to be any better an offering than the Mustang, aside from when AWD is beneficial?

Unless the coupe form cuts a shitton of weight and/or would come in 3.5L form, I dont see it being much of a seller. If you want a coupe, theres already a car for that. If you want an AWD Coupe, you are doing it wrong.
I'm just telling you. I've had a lot of people say they wish Ford offered a Fusion coupe.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
interested for sure, i love my SHO but the fusion is a stunning car inside and out and its not really any smaller interior wise.

might have to trade the SHO for one. the SHO gets for what it is, 365hp and 4300lbs....but 3500lbs and 325HP will be probably a touch quicker.

If the Fusion Sport really does come in 800lbs less while only giving up 40HP, unless it's transmission and/or driveline is total trash, it's going to be more than a "touch" quicker.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
If the Fusion Sport really does come in 800lbs less while only giving up 40HP, unless it's transmission and/or driveline is total trash, it's going to be more than a "touch" quicker.

the SHO is 0-60 5.0-5.2 13.6-13.8 @103-105.

i can see the FS = 0-06 4.7-4.9 13.1-13.3 @104-106. easily becoming far and away the fastest car in its class, and hammering the 340i BMW just released.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
Yes, a $100k+ Nissan on the level of most exotics is truly comparable to the $35k price point.

My post should have been clearer and limited arguments to cars under $40k and for this I apologize lol.
i think if ford did it, it would be under the Lincoln badge. the Mustang is fords coupe, and they like it that way.

Users who are viewing this thread