Frustrated with twins...Wanna trade?

CSG

Established Member
Installation of this Hellion kit has really frustrated me. It's a lot worse as I have a lot going on & don't have much wrench time left over. Ofcourse I broke the A/C line bending it. Now I don't see how the hell I'm going to get the steering shaft on. Wishing I had just bought a TVS or Paxton...

Come on with trade offers, moral support, useful info, anything to get me going in some direction...

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Ill trade you for my paxton. Ill install it for you and take off whatever you have done with the twins. I will also buy you beer. Just be patient

NoSlo5oH

Established Member
Have you tried removing the two 10mm nuts from the steering shaft firewall flange on the inside of the car? This will allow you to push the steering shaft inside of the car and make it super easy to align and reconnect it.

Notfast2012

Established Member
I am also in sulphur. I know someone who could help you out with the install. He is a good friend of mine. Don't give up yet! If I didn't have a procharger I would've went twin's. And triangle speed isn't to far from us.

manny231988

Established Member
I got a polished BNIB PAXTON KIT IN BOX ill trade haha pm if interested comes id1000
aero force interceptor gauge and adapter for boss manifold

Last edited:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Hang in there! I broke my A/C line as well. Got a new one from Steve @ Tousley for $39. + 2 cans of Freon and all is fixed.

The steering shaft you will have to loosen from inside the car. It will go back in. The down pipe has to be loose though.

I just got mine running this weekend. It's been long but worth it in the end.

Car sounds like stock and drives like stock.

It will get better.

Here's a beer for you. :beer:

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
Don't just give up on it. I'm sure you can get some local car guys to help or worst case send it to a shop.

Btw I cracked my ac line too. I cut a 2x4 to fit perfect but it cracked right when I said perfect lol.... 2 inches of bend is the max. Worst part is I put the new line on and didnt even need to bend it :nonono:

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
Did your kit come with the optional box of tampons? I'm putting my kit on in my driveway bro. Yes its been 2 weeks and i've only got about 35% of the work done, but you don't see my whining about it on SVT. I bitch to my gf in private, lol

:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

CSG

Established Member
I guess I should give some more info. The kit is actually completely installed. I need to put the steering shaft and x-pipe back on. The downpipe and shaft interference is just the latest frustration. My actual problem with it all is that the kit fits 10 lbs of stuff in a 8 lb box so to speak. I'm not comfortable with how close the hot parts are to some items that don't like heat. Also many of the hard parts are just so close to other stuff that I feel rattles will be a ever long battle. It would be different if this was my "fast car" but I have another for that. This is a driver.

Anyway, yea I am serious that I would trade it, but it would have to be a fair trade. I have the kit, go fast electronic controller, lava blankets and titanium wrap. Obviously it has been mocked up and never ran. It would be missing the oil pan fittings as I would keep these and plug the extra one. Some of the PM's seem interesting, but tell me exactly what you are offering. Blowers plus cash, you tell me how much. Long tubes would be welcome as well.

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
I wanna see it!! I may buy it from you.

Don't listen to these guys!! The kit is crap. Sell it to me. lol

Last edited:

Torchy

Established Member
Installation of this Hellion kit has really frustrated me. It's a lot worse as I have a lot going on & don't have much wrench time left over. Ofcourse I broke the A/C line bending it. Now I don't see how the hell I'm going to get the steering shaft on. Wishing I had just bought a TVS or Paxton...

I felt the same way when I was installing mine. This install isn't peaches like its been made out to be. Broke my A/C line too but didn't know about Tousley. What X-Pipe are you using? Might end up with the pass DP on the battery tray. Been battling this for weeks. I ended up getting a smaller battery and am going to modify the Hellion supplied tray if it doesn't fit sideways.

Hang in there! I broke my A/C line as well. Got a new one from Steve @ Tousley for $39. + 2 cans of Freon and all is fixed.

The steering shaft you will have to loosen from inside the car. It will go back in. The down pipe has to be loose though.

Do this.

I paid like $85 for my a/c line.

Did your kit come with the optional box of tampons? I'm putting my kit on in my driveway bro. Yes its been 2 weeks and i've only got about 35% of the work done, but you don't see my whining about it on SVT. I bitch to my gf in private, lol

:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

same here.

Users who are viewing this thread