Foo Fighters > Nirvana. Discuss.

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
Win7ermute said:
Hell, I think Hole were actually a better band then Nirvana, as least the Miss World album.

I would loved to have been at the Hole concert where someone threw shotgun shells on stage and Courtney went ape shit and walked off....LOL....

VPF

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
vegaspackerfan said:
I would loved to have been at the Hole concert where someone threw shotgun shells on stage and Courtney went ape shit and walked off....LOL....

VPF

I got the video.

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
Win7ermute said:
Nirvana are over-rated as hell, for the simple fact that numb-nut hemingway'ed himself. Hell, I think Hole were actually a better band then Nirvana, as least the Miss World album.

Grohl now > Cobain then.

Pearl Jam way > then Nirvana.

Wow.. retardocity all in your post. What are you trying to say? They are only big cause Kurt died? Were they not #1 back then and the biggest trend-setters? Who the hell do you think wrote most of the "Miss World" album buddy? It's well known that Kurt and Billy Corgan wrote most of Courtney's/Hole's songs and Courtney has been busted out multiple times lying about her song-writing. Try edjamukating yourself before you spew such ignorance. Have you ever listened to "Pretty on the inside which came before she was with Kurt?" It's night and day. Pearl Jam and Nirvana are not the same at all so you can't compare them that way. I like Pearl Jam but Nirvana is better. Pearl Jam has more of an older fan-base, where Nirvana has fans of all ages.

Last edited:

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
DBK said:
You are smoking total rocks on this one. Foo Fighters are a very entertaining band. Nevermind is one of the best records ever, regardless of decade, period.

Smells Like Teen Sprit, In Bloom, Come as you Are, Breed, Lithium, Polly, Lounge Act, Stay Away, On a Plain, Something in the Way...you're talking about 10 songs on a 12 song record being genre defining classics.

People that compare Nirvana and Pearl Jam :rolleyes: Steve Albini wouldn't piss on Eddie Vedder's whining from a rooftop.

And for the record, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, and Soundgarden all represent completely different kinds of music and got lumped together because of the timing. Listen to In Utero and tell me Nirvana had absolutely anything to do with those other bands...Chris Cornell remains a serious talent and Badmotorfinger was a fantastic record.

+1 but I dunno where you're from.. Territorial Pissings and Drain You were huge as well. At least you said they were lumped together for TIMING and not location. +1 on Chris.

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
vegaspackerfan said:
It is your responsibility to post that.

It'll take me a while.. It's on VHS.. My VCR isn't even hooked up or unpacked from the last time I moved.. I have to dig for my cables to do the rip.. Oh.. yea.. and I'm really lazy. It'll come..... Sooner or later. :smmon: It's not even anything major. She doesn't do anything as crazy as some of the other shows. She pretty much just walks off.

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Win7ermute said:
Thats like saying that every RHCP song sounds the same.
yea, ok. read the FF songs i posted and tell me they dont sound similar at all. even the new single(the pretender, good song) sounds damn similar to the songs i listed. take the blinders off, i think most people can see what im saying here. your probably gonna post some big schpeil about "blah blah blah foo fighters own joo blah blah blah", and refuse to believe that im actually a fan of them, but i really am. doesnt make the songs sound any different though.

atleast we agree that RHCP is definately one of the more diverse groups out there.

oh, and badmotorfinger FTW!

2001blkR

Established Member
Has anybody actually listened to Nirvana before the nevermind album? They sound nothing like they were on that album. They were bought out end of story. Oh yeah, Dave puts on a great show nowadays.

Coiled03

Established Member
I see no one has answered my question. WGAF what kind of "musical impact" a band had?

Just because a band had a greater "impact", that doesn't make them a better band from a musical standpoint.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
2001blkR said:
Has anybody actually listened to Nirvana before the nevermind album? They sound nothing like they were on that album. They were bought out end of story. Oh yeah, Dave puts on a great show nowadays.
LMAO!!! thats the classic excuse to fall back on when you have no arguement. see: metallica. ever think they just wanted a different sound? no, thats too positive, they must have sold out!!!

RFH

Established Member
actually it does

Especially when they have albums that have sold over 10 million, Im betting all the foos cds combined arent that high.

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
2001blkR said:

Yea I started listening to them just before nevermind. I bought Bleach after I got the Subpop200 CD w/ spank thru on it. They didn't sell out retard.. Kurt decided he liked the Songwriting style on Surfer Rosa better and switched it up to that type. You don't know what the hell you're talking about. Dave does put on a good show. How many times have you seen him/them?

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
Coiled03 said:
I see no one has answered my question. WGAF what kind of "musical impact" a band had?

Just because a band had a greater "impact", that doesn't make them a better band from a musical standpoint.

Please tell me what YOU consider better music? Shit with the same old played out shredding guitar solos? PLEASE :bored:

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:
LMAO!!! thats the classic excuse to fall back on when you have no arguement. see: metallica. ever think they just wanted a different sound? no, thats too positive, they must have sold out!!!

+1. I already pwnd him in my response.

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
RFH said:
actually it does

Especially when they have albums that have sold over 10 million, Im betting all the foos cds combined arent that high.

Nirvana = the 1 punch KO.

Foo = getting hit pretty hard a bunch of times til KO.

I never understood where Cobain came up with his lyrics. He was clearly a disturbed man and had a lot of songs that were suggestive of showing reverence to Satan. I liked a few songs, but some of his music was creepy. Foo Fighters always sounded like queer music to me.

Users who are viewing this thread