Finally back into the 10's with the Boss IM and CAI:

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
Come race at my track. A hillbilly in the woods forgive me for coming here track. Sea level vs 1798 da is nothing. Get limit here. You don't know what the hell your talking about. Hell I'm drunk and know the difference.

from the famous tapatalk.

You're post made complete sense when I read "Hell I'm drunk."

ArtVandalay16

Established Member
Sac raceway used to read a tad on high side...I believe sometime early-mid 2011 they tried to fix it and went the wrong way. According to numerous Vbox readings Sac traps are around 2-3 mph lower than actual...was still this way at end of 2011. Not sure if anything has changed since.

BPatterson

Established Member
I've seen a few others make mention of it, but y'all are also comparing convertered A6 cars to a manual car. Big difference. I'm wondering what each car is going through the traps at rpm wise.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Nice shifts too. I consider myself a pretty good gear jammer, Shaun is faster.

Here I am, getting an 11.82 (I have gone quicker, but this one shows the shifts better):

AED tuned 2012 Mustang 5.0 goes 11.82 @ No Problem Raceway on 5/19/2012 - YouTube

Skill. That is what many people are overlooking here. Getting one of these heavy cars down the track with mere bolt-ons and in the fookin' 10's with an MT82 is a huge accomplishment. Huge. Shaun would have a 9 second car with a small shot of nitrous or any form of forced induction. I think that many of you are young. Probably too young to have experienced the days when you could rule the street with a 12 second car. I was there, running 11's in a daily driver is amazing...running 10's is like living on a different automotive planet. These ARE the good 'ole days. Just amazing.

I want 10's from mine.

Mike

2011roush

Established Member
I'm fairly new to this forum but my god there are some whine bags on here. Some people need to put on their big girl panties and give each other the credit they deserve. 10's n/a is flying no matter how you get there. Props to all of you that have put in the time and effort it takes to get there.

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
Lol..ya I was a little out there last night. Good times.

lol happens to the best of us

Here I am, getting an 11.82 (I have gone quicker, but this one shows the shifts better):

AED tuned 2012 Mustang 5.0 goes 11.82 @ No Problem Raceway on 5/19/2012 - YouTube

Skill. That is what many people are overlooking here. Getting one of these heavy cars down the track with mere bolt-ons and in the fookin' 10's with an MT82 is a huge accomplishment. Huge. Shaun would have a 9 second car with a small shot of nitrous or any form of forced induction. I think that many of you are young. Probably too young to have experienced the days when you could rule the street with a 12 second car. I was there, running 11's in a daily driver is amazing...running 10's is like living on a different automotive planet. These ARE the good 'ole days. Just amazing.

I want 10's from mine.

Mike

x2 I'm not that old but I remember in highschool when 12s was fast and 13s were average. Now people are driving low 10/high 9 sec street cars! I drive what is probably a high 11 sec car and I'm consider slow lol

01bluesnake

Established Member

I want 10's from mine.

Mike

Definitely. I would love to see half the members on here bang gears in a MT82. I am fortunate that i can drive, and can shift damn fast and precisely, but also have 14 years of racing stick cars under me. The cars for bolt on's are retarded fast. The last log i did my car only put down just about 400whp, and with a little weight reduction has been a best of 11.62 with a 14xx DA. Shaun's car is very fast and congrats to him. I wish everyone wasn't so distant state wise or maybe there could of been a big group run of some fast cars of which i would of loved to come attend. Also to boot, i'm still a 3.31 car :beer:

Last edited:

JerryC

Established Member
Auto vs Stick...

Other than pride, it means nothing.

For racing, who crosses the line first is what matters. Everything else is excuses.

Stick guys like to forget the advantages they have over auto guys. Launch control over start rpm and the ability to feather the clutch, that a manual has less parasitic loss and puts more HP to the wheels, and has better gear ratios.

The reason they mostly don't talk about that stuff is because those advantages are lost through the driver. You have to be a hot shoe to take reap the benefits of the manual.

When you can really drive a stick, your car should be faster than the auto car, not slower.

I learned long ago that I'm not in the percentile that wins in the stick over auto decision. When you race for money most people figure that out like I did.

Again, Shaun is a driving mofo.

casper gt

Established Member
Auto vs Stick...

Other than pride, it means nothing.

For racing, who crosses the line first is what matters. Everything else is excuses.

Stick guys like to forget the advantages they have over auto guys. Launch control over start rpm and the ability to feather the clutch, that a manual has less parasitic loss and puts more HP to the wheels, and has better gear ratios.

The reason they mostly don't talk about that stuff is because those advantages are lost through the driver. You have to be a hot shoe to take reap the benefits of the manual.

When you can really drive a stick, your car should be faster than the auto car, not slower.

I learned long ago that I'm not in the percentile that wins in the stick over auto decision. When you race for money most people figure that out like I did.

Again, Shaun is a driving mofo.

excelent points in the stick vs auto debate & I have said the same thing many timess.

I have no dog in this fight as I consider myself friendly with both camps (ie. aed/shaun & the texas crew) & am not tuned by either one or really follow the build directions of either one so I feel I'm pretty neutral at this point (I will admit to having biases in the past however but they have been worked out long ago)

I think everyone should agree that the two sides will never meet in heads up competion & leave it at that, both sides are getting it done & have some fast bolt on cars.

the whole mustang comunity benifits from the advances BOTH sides are making, so IMO, I think both sides should just agree to disagree & move on.

as to Mikes 12 second street car comment, I guess I'm showing my age but I remember when there weren't really any 12 sec street cars around here & the norm was high 13's (weren't the 80's wonderful for cars, lol)

CPRsm

When you can really drive a stick, your car should be faster than the auto car....
you make some good points but I don't agree all equal, a manual should win. I've been in these autos and there is more than one aluminum drum. Rotating wieght isn't horrible And with a lock up converter your top end losses aren't what they used to be. There is also the torque multplication of the torque converter that a stick can't mimick. An auto isn't an automatic disadvantage.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
No human can shift faster than an auto. There is more parasitic loss with an auto, true. However, with a good converter and traction...the auto is going to be damn hard to beat. There is a reason why you see so few manuals in serious drag racing competition.

Mike

LS1rob

Established Member
Congrats on the time, 10's with bolt-ons in an MT-82 is moving. And you can BANG gears!

I'll be out at Sac driving some of my buddies 5.0's consistently once Infineon closes for the season here soon.

Again Congrats, hope to see the car in action some day!

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member
No human can shift faster than an auto. There is more parasitic loss with an auto, true. However, with a good converter and traction...the auto is going to be damn hard to beat. There is a reason why you see so few manuals in serious drag racing competition.

Mike

It has more to do with consistency than with anything else.

BPatterson

Established Member
When you're talking about bolt-on cars, an auto car with a big converter is gonna be quicker 99% of the time.

Sent from my iPhone or iPad using Tapatalk

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
And I run faster then you. On DR's at a shitty track. So what's your point. I haven't shown this slip simply cause I grudge race at a few tracks in TX. Not there anymore so don't matter. And that's full weight. And I have been to tnt nights that have great track prep its when I ran this.
ujequ3av.jpg

Damn that auto hauls ass :)

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
This time we got a video.
Last 3 10 second passes were with the GT intake and Stock CAI.
DA was very near seal level.

Launch needs some work so next up is removal of the front sway bar and throwing some weight in the trunk. I'm going to need better 60's than the current mid/high 1.5's to bust the bolt on street car record.

Shaun's N/A 5.0 - YouTube

Great Runs shaun! :rockon::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread