F-Bombs

Dragu1a

Established Member
I am a bartender, and all my roommates are female bartenders. Bitch, **** and shit are in every sentence at a home. At work, it depends on who my customers are. I have a thick skin so very little offends me.

*in for nude pics of roomies...

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I say it when necessary to accentuate the necessity or importance of something.

Being a big fan of both centuries versions of Battlestar Galatica, I say Frack, a LOT.

You fracking geek.

I tried to spread the frack but ultimately couldnt do it due to cheesiness. I realized too BSG shouldve just been a hbo/showtime series so they couldve shown nudity and said ****.

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
Ahh weird this thread was made. I was in Jamba Juice today with the other half and these girls not a few days over 16 (the four of them) may have said the F word about 20 times while we waited for our drinks. They weren't shy about anything they were saying. Youth of tomorrow seems promising. *face palm*

93L-STCA

Established Member
i'm a sailor so...

getthefoffmylawn.jpg

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
usmc infantry. throwing out **** bombs is just 2nd nature...it's a habit.

As an 03 it's just life.

Kan what exactly makes a bad word bad? Because someone else told you at one point or another that it was bad? You can't associate it like metonymy otherwise sex, coitus etc are also "bad words".

Now if you want to look at the etymology of most words then you can look at it's symbolism in which case you are talking about context, not the actual word itself. By that logic saying I don't give a crap is no worse than saying I don't give a ****.

tistan

Established Member
One of my wife's friends will drop f bombs all day long in front of their 10 year old son. We don't hang out with them much because it really annoys me that they have such little class and set a bad example for their kid.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've never used the F-word, nor my wife. I think it's especially offending when I know my wife hears it. 99% of the time the person speaking could care less if it is offensive to anyone around them. It is disgusting to hear it in a crowded public place like a restaurant, movie, grocery store, ball game, etc.. Just a couple of weeks ago I was at a AAA game in Rhode Island and there was a guy behind us (with kids of all ages and women present around us) and he and his buddy spouted out the F-word irrespective of these kids and women. Sadly, it is rare that anyone actually apologizes for using it when they know it is offending someone nearby. Such is the state of the society we live in. We choose to use the F-word (or curse), or not to.

chadw-s

Banned
i talk like a ****in sailor most of the time. but not in front of people that I'm not sure if it would bother them. and Im totally against swearing in front of families that have little kids. Like if im at the mall with someone and theyre loudly dropping F-bombs as were walking by families and stuff I'll tell them to cut the shit and have some decency in public.

So s**t is ok.. but other words are not... sounds seriously hypocritical... how can you possibly correct someone for cursing using a curse word... im a sailor so its natural and unoffending to me.. your kids would have heard a whole bunch more had you corrected me that way.. plus so many are offended by a dumb word and want to act all evangelical but yet go out and cheat on their wife and get a divorce... what are you really teaching the little sponges and where is the priority... words are only words but your actions speak 10 fold...

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
I try to avoid using them, but its not due to the supposed offensive nature of the words. I'm in the camp that thinks the meaning behind the sound is what matters, so even substitutes are the same.

I avoid using them because they are empty words. I might say "WTF", but not while in conversation or directly towards somebody. In a conversation every word has a particular place and was carefully chosen to be there.

"Think quickly, but speak slowly"

Teethy

0S0SL0
Established Member
I have no problem with people who curse a little or curse a lot. The only thing I find rude is people that can't seem to tone it down in certain settings.... mainly around families and young children.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
So s**t is ok.. but other words are not... sounds seriously hypocritical... how can you possibly correct someone for cursing using a curse word... im a sailor so its natural and unoffending to me.. your kids would have heard a whole bunch more had you corrected me that way.. plus so many are offended by a dumb word and want to act all evangelical but yet go out and cheat on their wife and get a divorce... what are you really teaching the little sponges and where is the priority... words are only words but your actions speak 10 fold...

This guy right here is why curse words are associated with trashy people.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
I have no problem with people who curse a little or curse a lot. The only thing I find rude is people that can't seem to tone it down in certain settings.... mainly around families and young children.

+1 When people curse in front of my kids I have to tell them to watch what the f*** they say. Being in the military I'm just used to it. But it shouldn't be used around kids, and most of my military friends understand that rule when they come over.

VerySneaky

Bug Annihilator
Established Member
whats worse is F bomb substitutes.

Frick, fark, frig, shut the front door.

This.

I try not to curse around kids, but sometimes adult language slips. In public areas, I'm sorry, but the parents should be prepared for their kids to be exposed to it. They will certainly hear it in time, so... the parents just need to reinforce that it is language for grown-ups and not to repeat it.

Why does it matter whether a sentence is embellished with F bombs? Does it signify that people are becoming more crass and less civil? Does the F bomb correlate with whether or not you're a bad person by how much you drop them?

mckpat03

Diesel FTW
Established Member
i talk like a ****in sailor most of the time. but not in front of people that I'm not sure if it would bother them. and Im totally against swearing in front of families that have little kids. Like if im at the mall with someone and theyre loudly dropping F-bombs as were walking by families and stuff I'll tell them to cut the shit and have some decency in public.

All depends, if I'm with my friends working on a car or watching a ball game I can say a 6 word sentence using 5 F-bombs, around people I don't know I don't even like using the word "crap". Like anything els there is a time and a place for it.

These. At the garage or the drags or anything where I'm with the guys, it sometimes seems like a foul language contest. With family, around kids, female friends, etc, I keep the the language completely clean.

neatofrito1618

Established Member
At what point in time were "curse words" became vulgar? Did someone just think of a word one day then people said that's a bad word! ?
It's mainly due to the expression that they stand for something vulgar; such as sex, feces, etc.

Profane words have only recently have been given the association of 'profane' within the last 100 years or so. Pretty ridiculous if you think about it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread