F-Bombs

chadw-s

Banned
This guy right here is why curse words are associated with trashy people.

Lmmfao... why is that? Because im trashy...? Do you even know me? Apparently not! See thats just it. You would not have to set me straight in front of your kids because i wouldnt put you in that situation and curse in front of your kids out of respect as there is a time and place. However if im attacked with swearing all bets are off, and i think you will find that true with most people. All i was saying is that you cant try to discipline someone for cursing while you curse.. Both words are of equal strength, and it not the word but the meaning behind it.

Last edited:

65fastback2+2

Established Member
I don't like it either. The things I hear in my gym for example and not just guys but WOMEN...cursing up a storm...well it just looks bad. I've also noticed that people seem to be getting even more obnoxiously loud with their conversations wherever they go. There are better ways to express yourself than having to go to the gutter all the time. I believe a lot of what people are seeing on tv and hearing on the radio and through music is causing this kind of stuff to get in people and when you fill up on this sort of thing, it just comes out naturally.

it has nothing to do with what you watch or listen to.

My roommate in college watched Boondock Saints every night, literally. I still never used foul language.

Its called controlling yourself.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
This.

I try not to curse around kids, but sometimes adult language slips. In public areas, I'm sorry, but the parents should be prepared for their kids to be exposed to it. They will certainly hear it in time, so... the parents just need to reinforce that it is language for grown-ups and not to repeat it.

Why does it matter whether a sentence is embellished with F bombs? Does it signify that people are becoming more crass and less civil? Does the F bomb correlate with whether or not you're a bad person by how much you drop them?

Except that small children just repeat things, they are too little to understand that it's "grown up language". Maybe if people had a little common decency, that situation could be avoided. There's just no need to talk like that in front of children.

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
It's mainly due to the expression that they stand for something vulgar; such as sex, feces, etc.

Profane words only recently been given the association as 'profane', within the last 100 years or so. Pretty ridiculous if you think about it.

The exact point of my post, which seemed to go lost along with lots of other logic on svtp.

konradr

Ford Mustang
Established Member
whats worse is F bomb substitutes.

Frick, fark, frig, shut the front door.

+100,000 Nothing sounds more uneducated than someone saying "frick." Grow some hair on your balls and swear!! It will be OK.

Last edited:

VerySneaky

Bug Annihilator
Established Member
Except that small children just repeat things, they are too little to understand that it's "grown up language". Maybe if people had a little common decency, that situation could be avoided. There's just no need to talk like that in front of children.

Indeed, while I agree that there's no need to use profanity when small children are present, or on places like facebook for that matter, sometimes it can't be helped (i.e. out of sight but within ear shot) and if they do start repeating said verbiage, that is where discipline comes in.

neatofrito1618

Established Member
The exact point of my post, which seemed to go lost along with lots of other logic on svtp.
Everything evolves, even if the reasons are arbitrary.

I wouldn't be surprised if '****' was socially acceptable language in another 100 years. I've never been abroad but have heard that most other countries don't take it as anywhere near as seriously as we do in the states.

bullittrevor

Established Member
just ****ing get over it. It's just a word. There are a lot worse things that have become commonplace in our society than "bad" words.

Last edited:

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Profanity is a crutch for inarticulate, ignorant or undereducated people. The "F word" is used as a once-size-fits-all descriptor, noun or verb because the user lacks the vocabulary to accurately and concisely present themselves in a mature manner.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Fine. Then your answer should be no sir. Then dont judge me!! How can you possibly judge anything in this world not knowing anything about it.. or even caring to find out.
Total ignorance...
Ignoramous' like this make people cuss. ****!!

See how easily you let **** fly?

Point proven.

Profanity is a crutch for inarticulate, ignorant or undereducated people. The "F word" is used as a once-size-fits-all descriptor, noun or verb because the user lacks the vocabulary to accurately and concisely present themselves in a mature manner.

**** yeah!

Errr, I mean well said.

hb712

Established Member

That's odd. I have a fairly large vocabulary, yet I also have a semi-dirty mouth. Also, being in grad school, I wouldn't really consider myself undereducated. It seems an unfair generalization to place people in your categories based simply upon their use of a few words. You should realize - at the very least - that a lot of people can change the way they communicate in given scenarios. For example, the way I talk to friends does not even resemble the way I would write a memo or speak to a colleague.

corey d

STOLE IT
Established Member
That's odd.......It seems an unfair generalization to place people in your categories based simply upon their use of a few words. You should realize - at the very least - that a lot of people can change the way they communicate in given scenarios. For example, the way I talk to friends does not even resemble the way I would write a memo or speak to a colleague.

Well put. I couldnt have said it better myself, at least not without a bunch of "****s..."

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
I was in the ****ing Army, so I cant ****ing help it. So suck my balls.

Users who are viewing this thread