F-Bombs

chadw-s

Banned
See how easily you let **** fly?

Point proven.

**** yeah!

Errr, I mean well said.

Thats funny.. I havent said anything bad yet...
POSTED: now stars are a profanity too.(LOL).. and w.t.f. , and lmmfao...
hey isnt W.T.F. in your signature???
We must be alike then...:-D

Last edited:

chadw-s

Banned
See how easily you let **** fly?

Point proven.

**** yeah!

Errr, I mean well said.

It's a quote noob trash. Are all people named Chad retarded?

Awe so thats it... you have a problem with someone else named Chad. So now youve generalised... wow and im the trash...? i wondered why you came at me so. Do us a favor and please dont vote. Who knows what you may call fact and go with...

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I curse like all hell but I'm a sailors kid lol.

But only when I'm around like minded people. I try not to curse at all if I Think it'll offend somebody.

Go to England. They are on a different level of cursing over there.

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
I curse like all hell but I'm a sailors kid lol.

But only when I'm around like minded people. I try not to curse at all if I Think it'll offend somebody.

Go to England. They are on a different level of cursing over there.

Shut up you wanker.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Awe so thats it... you have a problem with someone else named Chad. So now youve generalised... wow and im the trash...? i wondered why you came at me so. Do us a favor and please dont vote. Who knows what you may call fact and go with...

You sure are easily offended. Are all Chads as thin skinned as you as well?

Also, please put a little thought into your typing. You spell like an immigrant.

chadw-s

Banned
You sure are easily offended. Are all Chads as thin skinned as you as well?

Also, please put a little thought into your typing. You spell like an immigrant.

Well good, Im an Australian that served in your Navy, and pays my taxes.
So piss off ya bloody poofta !!:-D
Oh and that's how we spell generalised. Yes with an 's'.
Forgive me for the lapse on this soooo important forum. oops did it again...
Kind of like this topic. Context.
Man that other Chad must have really hurt you or ripped you off... I'm sorry
Thin skin? better than thin brain:-D

like you:loser:

truefiveo

Established Member
Well good, Im an Australian that served in your Navy, and pays my taxes.
So piss off ya bloody poofta !!:-D
Oh and that's how we spell generalised. Yes with an 's'.
Forgive me for the lapse on this soooo important forum. oops did it again...
Kind of like this topic. Context.
Man that other Chad must have really hurt you or ripped you off... I'm sorry
Thin skin? better than thin brain:-D

like you:loser:

Ok which previously banned SVTP member are you???:bored:

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
That's odd. I have a fairly large vocabulary, yet I also have a semi-dirty mouth. Also, being in grad school, I wouldn't really consider myself undereducated. It seems an unfair generalization to place people in your categories based simply upon their use of a few words. You should realize - at the very least - that a lot of people can change the way they communicate in given scenarios. For example, the way I talk to friends does not even resemble the way I would write a memo or speak to a colleague.

If you don't want people to assume that you are undereducated, then don't speak like you are. I see no reason to change the level of intelligence with which you communicate simply because you are addressing a different crowd of comparable age and / or maturity, i.e. your friends vs. your colleages. Do you not respect the intelligence of your friends the same as you respect that of your colleages?

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Is it just me or are people more vulgar these days. I deal with mostly 30+ year olds and 75% of the conversations are sailor talk. I'm no prude, but I also believe people can have a civil Convo without dropping an F-Bomb. How do these people get through life talking like that all the time.

Are you one of these people, does it bother you that people talk this way?

Everyone these days is more cynical and jaded to everything that surrounds us. Cursing is a way for adults to express frustration so some of it is understandable. Then you have the people where it accounts for the majority of their vocabulary that is just ridiculous. Here we are in times of mass communication with social media, forums, email etc and you would think people would have the tendancy to have larger vocabularies, rather than the miniscule ones that seem to be so common.

Does it bother me? Only when my young daughter is around. People who are completely oblivious to kids in public swearing like they are in a bar really, really irritate me and I have no problem asking someone to watch their language in public situations.

Profanity is a crutch for inarticulate, ignorant or undereducated people. The "F word" is used as a once-size-fits-all descriptor, noun or verb because the user lacks the vocabulary to accurately and concisely present themselves in a mature manner.

Very well said.

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
If you don't want people to assume that you are undereducated, then don't speak like you are. I see no reason to change the level of intelligence with which you communicate simply because you are addressing a different crowd of comparable age and / or maturity, i.e. your friends vs. your colleages. Do you not respect the intelligence of your friends the same as you respect that of your colleages?

People like you like to make these defenses against 'bad' language to make yourselfs feel socially superior.

hb712

Established Member

If you don't want to come across as an elitist, don't assume you can adequately infer a person's level of education or intelligence based solely on their use of certain words. Use of vernacular language has absolutely nothing to do with intelligence. I would hope that someone who is criticizing language would grasp the intricacies involved in its various uses.

The use of certain words does not necessarily demonstrate any level of respect. Around my friends, I can speak more comfortably and, even though you seem to miss this part, more concisely using "foul" language. Around colleagues, it is usually easier to converse using less common language (often "legalese" or seemingly random Latin). You may notice that I'm not using particularly fancy language in my replies to you. Do you think that shows that I have less respect for you? :shrug:

Last edited:

hb712

Established Member
Everyone these days is more cynical and jaded to everything that surrounds us. Cursing is a way for adults to express frustration so some of it is understandable. Then you have the people where it accounts for the majority of their vocabulary that is just ridiculous. Here we are in times of mass communication with social media, forums, email etc and you would think people would have the tendancy to have larger vocabularies, rather than the miniscule ones that seem to be so common.

Does it bother me? Only when my young daughter is around. People who are completely oblivious to kids in public swearing like they are in a bar really, really irritate me and I have no problem asking someone to watch their language in public situations.

I'll happily concede that there are people out there who simply have tiny vocabularies. Further, they often use, almost exclusively, foul language to illustrate their point(s). Where you begin to falter is when you start assuming that anyone with a dirty mouth lacks intelligence.

People who are disrespectful in their selected use of language are a problem. Everyone needs to respect the reasonable wishes of others, especially when it comes to something as simple as using a different word to express yourself.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
Profanity is a crutch for inarticulate, ignorant or undereducated people. The "F word" is used as a once-size-fits-all descriptor, noun or verb because the user lacks the vocabulary to accurately and concisely present themselves in a mature manner.
Simply not true. Sorry.

That's odd. I have a fairly large vocabulary, yet I also have a semi-dirty mouth. Also, being in grad school, I wouldn't really consider myself undereducated. It seems an unfair generalization to place people in your categories based simply upon their use of a few words. You should realize - at the very least - that a lot of people can change the way they communicate in given scenarios. For example, the way I talk to friends does not even resemble the way I would write a memo or speak to a colleague.
This!
People like you like to make these defenses against 'bad' language to make yourselfs feel socially superior.
and some of this!

If you don't want to come across as an elitist, don't assume you can adequately infer a person's level of education or intelligence based solely on their use of certain words. Use of vernacular language has absolutely nothing to do with intelligence. I would hope that someone who is criticizing language would grasp the intricacies involved in its various uses.

The use of certain words does not necessarily demonstrate any level of respect. Around my friends, I can speak more comfortably and, even though you seem to miss this part, more concisely using "foul" language. Around colleagues, it is usually easier to converse using less common language (often "legalese" or seemingly random Latin). You may notice that I'm not using particularly fancy language in my replies to you. Do you think that shows that I have less respect for you? :shrug:

Then lots more of this!

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I generally use it to emphasize something in a conversation if I get excited but not often, it kind of slips but I don't cuss in public, around kids or people I don't know. For some reason I really dislike when I hear a female use it.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I'll happily concede that there are people out there who simply have tiny vocabularies. Further, they often use, almost exclusively, foul language to illustrate their point(s). Where you begin to falter is when you start assuming that anyone with a dirty mouth lacks intelligence.

I find it difficult to understand why you, with this concession, would want to emulate these people. It's not elitest to feel that there are far better ways to express yourself than by using cursing as senseless filler. To express frustration, fine; when used for the actual meaning of the words, cool; but to litter your speech with pointless vulgarity is asinine, especially if you think it doesn't make you sound unintelligent.

Users who are viewing this thread