F-Bombs

canibus

Established Member
Is it just me or are people more vulgar these days. I deal with mostly 30+ year olds and 75% of the conversations are sailor talk. I'm no prude, but I also believe people can have a civil Convo without dropping an F-Bomb. How do these people get through life talking like that all the time.

Are you one of these people, does it bother you that people talk this way?

Mystic03

Established Member
yup. makes me feel uncomfortable most of the time if the f bomb is dropped more than 3 times in a single sentence

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
i talk like a ****in sailor most of the time. but not in front of people that I'm not sure if it would bother them. and Im totally against swearing in front of families that have little kids. Like if im at the mall with someone and theyre loudly dropping F-bombs as were walking by families and stuff I'll tell them to cut the shit and have some decency in public.

I don't like it either. The things I hear in my gym for example and not just guys but WOMEN...cursing up a storm...well it just looks bad. I've also noticed that people seem to be getting even more obnoxiously loud with their conversations wherever they go. There are better ways to express yourself than having to go to the gutter all the time. I believe a lot of what people are seeing on tv and hearing on the radio and through music is causing this kind of stuff to get in people and when you fill up on this sort of thing, it just comes out naturally.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
There are some people who I hold convos with that every other word out of my mouth is F this/F that, and some people I am as polite as a priest with. It all depends on the person, plus I adapt easily too.

When in Rome I guess.

halemach1

Established Member
All depends, if I'm with my friends working on a car or watching a ball game I can say a 6 word sentence using 5 F-bombs, around people I don't know I don't even like using the word "crap". Like anything els there is a time and a place for it.

canibus

Established Member
There are some people who I hold convos with that every other word out of my mouth is F this/F that, and some people I am as polite as a priest with. It all depends on the person, plus I adapt easily too.

When in Rome I guess.

I rarely say the F word when talking to people, so I don't feel I induce it in any way.

Last edited by a moderator:

NateTermi

BF3- NateTermi (ps3)
Established Member
Some people think cursing is cool, so they curse extra loudly so everyone can hear them being cool.... it gets on my nerves baaaad. Most the time my wife stops me from saying something, but sometimes I can't help but to tell people how stupid they really are.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
I rarely say the F word when talking to people, so I don't feel I induce it in any way.

It's kind of awkward though when you're around people who curse all the time and you are the only one who doesn't. For a lack of a better way to put it, it would make me feel kind of stuck up or prissy if I didn't blend in so to speak.

It's just language, some people communicate to people differently than others. It's not like swearing is going to harm anyone or make you less of a gentlemen.

Last edited:

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
I don't swear very often anymore, I'm used to talking around my little sponges (kids, if you didn't get that, ha). It only bothers me if people are talking like that in public (at a restaurant, at the mall etc.) or around my children. I had a friend staying with me this weekend and she said she never realized how much she used swear words until she was around my kids for a couple of days.

My dad actually kicked some guy out of his machine shop for swearing a few years ago. Every other word out of the guy's mouth was the F word and my dad said "if you can't stop talking like that, you have to leave". Turned out he couldn't.

canibus

Established Member
It's kind of awkward though when you're around people who curse all the time and you are the only one who doesn't. For a lack of a better way to put it, it would make me feel kind of stuck up or prissy if I didn't blend in so to speak.

It's just language, some people communicate to people differently than others. It's not like swearing is going to harm anyone or make you less of a gentlemen.

It doesn't make you less of a gentleman, but I see it as a sign of immaturity.

The real trip is I'm as Kaye's back as they come, it's a pet peeve I guess.

truefiveo

Established Member
I don't swear very often anymore, I'm used to talking around my little sponges (kids, if you didn't get that, ha). It only bothers me if people are talking like that in public (at a restaurant, at the mall etc.) or around my children. I had a friend staying with me this weekend and she said she never realized how much she used swear words until she was around my kids for a couple of days.

My dad actually kicked some guy out of his machine shop for swearing a few years ago. Every other word out of the guy's mouth was the F word and my dad said "if you can't stop talking like that, you have to leave". Turned out he couldn't.

Your right man, its not intellectual of any educated adult to talk with such foul language.
It makes me cringe to hear the way alot of Miami women talk.

Last edited:

Niks97cobra

Ready to Go!
Established Member
I am a bartender, and all my roommates are female bartenders. Bitch, **** and shit are in every sentence at a home. At work, it depends on who my customers are. I have a thick skin so very little offends me.

Users who are viewing this thread