Ducktail nascar spoiler for 99-04 mustang

Status
Not open for further replies.

TClark22

Established Member
Ok. I talked about a secret earlier. That secret was that I was working on another spoiler in tandem with the spoiler that I showed in the begining. I've decided to work on this one exclusively. I still have the mold for the other one if I choose to make it later, but I like this one better.

Here it is fresh out of the mold. I have to do some refinishing on it, final coat of epoxy over it, and bond all of the sections, but here is a sneak peek.

5934ab6e-5027-4604-9c95-dd042feb6144_zpsf2ccfb2a.jpg

null_zps8c9b44ad-1_zpse89431bd.jpg

null_zps9d94ea89-1_zps3d6f973e.jpg

null_zps8c95f0fd-1_zpsabce4db1.jpg

null_zpsf60ed07c1_zps3d05a6b0.jpg

Ok that one looks a whole lot better

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Still don't know if I like it or not, but it's definitely better than the other mold you had. I can't wait to see the final version though.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

QuickV8

▪█───────█▪
Established Member
i knew a guy who made repilica SVO skirts for side exhaust out of fiberglass. i've always wanted to learn how to do it and sell them. make my own brand. and do wings too.

SilverSteed

Established Member
That last one looks great. I believe that if quality and price point are satisfactory this would be a HOT seller. I know Id throw one on. Nice work

Wildcard

Established Member
i knew a guy who made repilica SVO skirts for side exhaust out of fiberglass. i've always wanted to learn how to do it and sell them. make my own brand. and do wings too.

It is definitely a nice skill to have. To be a fabricator, it is nice to create something out of nothing. Only thing that can get in your way is your budget and your imagination.

That last one looks great. I believe that if quality and price point are satisfactory this would be a HOT seller. I know Id throw one on. Nice work

Thanks. We'll I'm working hard tweaking it to make sure that it will fit the right way as soon as it is put on the car. I'm getting close to the finish line. I've been working on this last one for the last 4 days on this new spoiler. I've hit a few bumps on the road, but I'll clear those hurdles soon, and the finished product should be unveiled soon.

I want one of those diffusers just not as low so it fits without the Roush bumper pieces

I can make a new diffuser anytime. I just have to take some height out of it so that it will fit with a non-roush car.

racebronco2

Established Member
Looks great. It takes alot of time to build things. Just thinking how you want to build it, what needs to be done and the materials you will need. Then once you get started something always doesn't work out.

:beer::beer::beer:

froush

Established Member
That second one is sick. Exactly what i wanted when i was looking for one. Settled on a saleen spoiler though.

Wildcard

Established Member
Hmmm thats very very tempting :rolling:

Just let me know. :beer:

Looks great. It takes alot of time to build things. Just thinking how you want to build it, what needs to be done and the materials you will need. Then once you get started something always doesn't work out.

:beer::beer::beer:

I hate to hover over my post, but I saw your response and thought about the fact that you road race and the fact that you are from Palmdale taht you may have known my late friend Paul Brown of Tiger Racing. He helped me out a ton with my build, and unfortunately he did of cancer last October. So a lot of what I am doing with my car, or with my build is with him in mind. He was great builder and fabricator and one of the sad moments is that I was looking forward to show him all of the things I have built.

If you knew him then that is my story, if you didn't then becuase you race you know what it is to fabricate everyhting and that in itself is story in itself: one of triumph that was marred by lots of failure. So it was nice to see your post about trying things, and the struggles that go along with it. It is just one big experiment. When I was working on the first wing it was simply an experiment. If it turned out and I liked it then cool, if it didn't then I would leave it in my junk pile. There is a freedom to that way of thinking, however, it does cost a lot. It was great seeing your post. Thanks :beer::beer::beer:

The second one is toooo dope. Love it.

Thanks... I think it is a huge improvement over the other one.

2K1 SVT

Established Member
If you end up producing the 2nd spoiler say in fiberglass then let me know, I'd be interested :beer:

Wildcard

Established Member
If you end up producing the 2nd spoiler say in fiberglass then let me know, I'd be interested :beer:

I can make them out of whatever material except kevlar because you could never sand or repair it. But I can make a fiberglass version. Although I think a carbon version is better. It's more flexible for a better fit, it's lighter, and since I use epoxy it wont come clear. :beer:

Last edited:

Wildcard

Established Member
I had to work on the plug and refine the shape. Then I built a two piece mold for the top—which took me all week :bored:, but here's the final.... It looks awesome! :rockon:

I'll trim it tomorrow. i gotta make tge bottom piece, then i will finish it with epoxy to make the whole thing shine. The i will post pictures of it on the car.

null_zps67cd1dda.jpg

null_zps7800c6d2.jpg

null_zps571514b5.jpg

null_zps64a1639f.jpg

null_zps08c39653.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread