Established Member
trimmed

null_zpsf4be3884.jpg

null_zps5a1fa6d4.jpg

null_zpsacf7a8b0.jpg

null_zps10c34da7.jpg

null_zpsb206e878.jpg

null_zps5e9b76a9.jpg

still gotta make a bottom and attach it.

Last edited:

Wildcard

Established Member
Here's the finished. Don't mind the epoxy runs on this particular spoiler. This particular one would need to be sanded smooth.

IMG_2084_zps2b09eed2.jpg

IMG_2087_zpsf769141e.jpg

IMG_2089_zpsa0e716d2.jpg

IMG_2094_zps857cfdb2.jpg

Last edited:

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
going to make a cutout for the 3rd brakelight or move it to the back window?

and I agree! this would be a hot seller, i think- reminds me of the one BIGRED/67eleanor had on his 99 cobra

SlowYellow

Established Member
That looks killer man. Is it just me or does it look like it sits lower on the drivers side than the passenger side? I'm sure it's an easy fix, just my OCD stepping in. I'm sure that it would make you some good money if you decided to market it and sell. Good luck in whatever you do, and keep us updated with the pictures!

Wildcard

Established Member
looks awesome man! Seriously you better start selling off copies of this!

Thanks! I can always make copies. :rockon:

going to make a cutout for the 3rd brakelight or move it to the back window?

and I agree! this would be a hot seller, i think- reminds me of the one BIGRED/67eleanor had on his 99 cobra

I'm gonna make two versions. One with a light and the other without. The led that I'm gonna use on mine came in yesterday.

null_zps68c90b96.jpg

That looks killer man. Is it just me or does it look like it sits lower on the drivers side than the passenger side? I'm sure it's an easy fix, just my OCD stepping in. I'm sure that it would make you some good money if you decided to market it and sell. Good luck in whatever you do, and keep us updated with the pictures!

I think that can be attributed to the fact that it isn't really attached to the car. It is being held on my two bottles of oil. They do a good job of holding it for pictures, but they are not perfect and the spoiler slides back a little. If I pushed it on and held it, double sticked it, or even riveted—it would look correct. :beer:

looks great buddy, subn for more info

Thanks! Well there isn't really much more info or pics. This project is done. After making 12 parts in the past month, I'm done with R&D, so there probably wont be any more pictures. Since its not going onto my red car there's no reason to permanently attach it to it, so I really wont have pics of that. Perhaps the next pics if I show any will be the spoiler on the car in the street.

In trying different versions to make the spoiler I found that the best way was to attach it with double stick or rivet it. I learned that I don't need to make a bottom piece because it already sits perfectly with the lines when I just make the top section, which makes sense because the top section is absolute copy of the plug that I designed.

But in the end, I now know how to make spoilers, so this project is done. :beer:

So sick. I would love to see someone mold one to the trunk and paint it

Thanks! :beer:

Last edited:

94venomV8

Established Member
give you an 8 out of 10 ... be a 10 without the obama sticker

Id go as far to say an 11/10 without sticker lol But seriously that one looks awesome, I like it way better than the original you were doing too. Almost looks like a factory model but not.

Wildcard

Established Member
cant wait for pricing on this....

does it cover any of the stock holes?

It doesn't cover the stock holes, they would need to be filled. :beer:

give you an 8 out of 10 ... be a 10 without the obama sticker

Id go as far to say an 11/10 without sticker lol But seriously that one looks awesome, I like it way better than the original you were doing too. Almost looks like a factory model but not.

These actually made me laugh. :beer:

94venomV8, Yah it looks way better than the other one that I was building. Its just simple and flows much better with the lines of the car.

Agreed with the rest, the 2nd looks great.

Reminds me of this,

2309xs5pu4_zps3332a42b.jpg

mustangcobranyabilder07wk0_zps075bdb4a.jpg

Yah, very similar styling. I think our cars look great with a slick ducktail. :beer:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread