Dow is Down 900+ points Today 2/24/2020

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
first off, the market NEEDED a correction, it was way too high, way too fast. The virus is just the topper. My first prediction was 22000, which happened. Now with all this shit shutting down, I am thinking 18,000. I don't know why we are shutting down schools and large companies. IF the deaths are only 50 people in the US ....why the **** are we under national emergency ? Seems like the government is covering up the true numbers.
As someone said to me today(that is also skeptical)...

Imagine what these large corporations have covered up that has harmed all kinds of people...they’re ALL leaving tons of money on the table to protect, what appears to be, 80 year olds. It doesn’t add up that they all the sudden care.

That said, I’m adding a little bit into the market as i can. Looks like a sale to me.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
i think these ****ers know something we don't know

It is to slow the curve of transmission and give the healthcare system a better chance instead of rapid transmission and overloading the system like you see in Italy.

MaOstrich is a souper inguneer like Wile E Coyote was a super genius.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
It is to slow the curve of transmission and give the healthcare system a better chance instead of rapid transmission and overloading the system like you see in Italy.

MaOstrich is a souper inguneer like Wile E Coyote was a super genius.

Nailed it. This is all precautionary to slow the rate of spread so we (healthcare, etc) do not get overwhelmed.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
As someone said to me today(that is also skeptical)...

Imagine what these large corporations have covered up that has harmed all kinds of people...they’re ALL leaving tons of money on the table to protect, what appears to be, 80 year olds. It doesn’t add up that they all the sudden care.

That said, I’m adding a little bit into the market as i can. Looks like a sale to me.

If the nursing home residents fill the ICU beds, everyone else pounds sand. That is what happened in China, have a car wreck, tough shit no bed for you.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
Are you still in DUST?

nah I wish lol, DUST and NUGT are highly volatile. I take quick gains and dump em.

I’m in TNA and TZA right now.

Bought into TNA at 28 and 19
Bought into TZA at 77.50 before close yesterday. Basically I’m gambling that the market will continue to go down with TZA. Otherwise I’m ****ed.

Fat Boss

Established Member
Well, the run on the banks has officially begun. I went to my local Wells Fargo this morning and they were OUT OF HUNDREDS. I settled for fitties.

nxhappy

Established Member
Well, the run on the banks has officially begun. I went to my local Wells Fargo this morning and they were OUT OF HUNDREDS. I settled for fitties.
this is not a good sign

WTF is really going on ???? I see a HUGE market dump on monday, 2000-2500 points

I'm buying puts from here to the moon

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member

I don’t understand the value of cash. LOL Can COVID19 render our technology useless? We may have hit a new low in rational thinking. That’s like thinking that I better stock up on rocks just in case it’s cloudy tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Fat Boss

Established Member
I don’t understand the value of cash. LOL Can COVID19 render our technology useless? We may have hit a new low in rational thinking. That’s like thinking that I better stock up on rocks just in case it’s cloudy tomorrow.

People are emotionally driven. The strongest emotion is fear. Fear of the unknown is driving the behavior. For me, there is zero downside to keeping $5k in my safe vs numbers on a screen. I didn't take out more than that, because I felt that if I need more than that I'll just go to my 44.

I think as the virus works its way through the population, people will calm down. For now, the producers of food an TP will have a temporary bonanza.

Klay

Established Member

That could be regional as I work for a midsized Credit Union and my location wasn't super busy today. That could change but so far we have been good with money. That particular location you went to could have just forgot to order 100's or didn't order enough the previous time.

A run on money has been a concern of mine. Not sure why people think their debit card or checks would stop working in the event the virus spreads further.

Fat Boss

Established Member
That could be regional as I work for a midsized Credit Union and my location wasn't super busy today. That could change but so far we have been good with money. That particular location you went to could have just forgot to order 100's or didn't order enough the previous time.

A run on money has been a concern of mine. Not sure why people think their debit card or checks would stop working in the event the virus spreads further.

It's probably the location, since this was in Santa Clara County. We probably have 100+ cases at this point. But, it was kinda alarming in that in my lifetime I've never not been able to get 100s whenever I wanted them. IMO, it'd be serious incompetence if banks or credit unions don't foresee people pulling cash in large amounts out, especially in an area where there is a tremendous amount of wealth. The teller did say more 100s were on the way, but I didn't feel like waiting the quoted 20 mins.

Last edited:

Rct851

Established Member
nah I wish lol, DUST and NUGT are highly volatile. I take quick gains and dump em.

I’m in TNA and TZA right now.

Bought into TNA at 28 and 19
Bought into TZA at 77.50 before close yesterday. Basically I’m gambling that the market will continue to go down with TZA. Otherwise I’m ****ed.
I’m with you. Hoping for some terrible breaking news all day today lol. Keep making money in tza while slowly buying the good companies at discounts.

If we’re wrong though it’s going to hurt

Users who are viewing this thread