Dow is Down 900+ points Today 2/24/2020

nxhappy

Established Member
Any of you fine gents think there will be a buyers market on new vehicles? Wife wants a Wrangler/Gladiator. I doubt they will give them away, but with as much uncertainty out there right now I wonder how much they'd be willing to discount to move a unit.

With both of us now being state employees, we have a steady income. AZ's budget is very healthy thanks to our governor, so I don't see any potential for furlowing.
gladiator is so bad ass ....I thought about leasing one

Rct851

Established Member
I’m still in tza and sqqq. Can’t decide if I want to sell by the end of day and take my money or ride it through the weekend. My palms are sweaty lol

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Did you sell though? If you didn't sell then you still have your shares. Values diminished but the market will come back.

If you got out then yea, it cost you.
Didn't sell, just the # change from the previous day. The people who are concerned are the ones using their portfolio for living expenses, I'm not one of them..

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
gladiator is so bad ass ....I thought about leasing one
Wife was on the fence about them. Then she saw one in person (Rubicon). Loved it after she saw them with wide stance and bigger tires.

As for the market, I'm saddened to see Ford shares still above 5. Would love to see them under 2. $1 would be better lmao

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I was given advice years ago, don’t look until you need it. Might be a year or so before it’s back my kid said.

I know I shouldn't look but I'm a glutton for punishment. I have a long time until retirement though so it'll bounce back. There will be plenty of peaks and valleys until then.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
I know I shouldn't look but I'm a glutton for punishment. I have a long time until retirement though so it'll bounce back. There will be plenty of peaks and valleys until then.

I haven't looked at mine. Just keep feeding it. I've got 15-20 years until retirement (hopefully closer to 15 and retire "early" at 59), I'm 44 now.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Any of you fine gents think there will be a buyers market on new vehicles? Wife wants a Wrangler/Gladiator. I doubt they will give them away, but with as much uncertainty out there right now I wonder how much they'd be willing to discount to move a unit.

With both of us now being state employees, we have a steady income. AZ's budget is very healthy thanks to our governor, so I don't see any potential for furlowing.

Car sales are predicted to take a dump this year.

Give it a few months and boy howdy, bring on the deals

nxhappy

Established Member
theres no way this market is going to hold at 23k, I was just at the supermarket people are freaking out, Trump is about to declare national emergency. I smell a blood bath on Monday. I have a few grand in puts for April. ESPECIALLY gas/oil/airlines/entertainment.

1996slowbra

Established Member

Too early to say, if we nosedive into a full blown recession then yes absolutely. My dad bought a 2008 ram in 2009 for like 25k with a LIFETIME Powertrain warranty. That car has paid ****ing dividends, its closing in on 200k miles and has had a engine and 2 transmissions replaced under warranty. The mechanics have basically told him to never, ever sell that truck, meanwhile RAM or whatever they call themselves now is beating down his door begging him to trade it in for a new truck.

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
If anyone wants to know what happened, watch what Trump did. Brilliance, the market reacted and the fear index was cut in half. Used the NIH director against the Dems, had them ask for the emergency declaration then used it to fix multiple issues. I was fuggin impressed.

Sent from my SM-N950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

jmsa540

Established Member
Lol he also spoke about a website that never worked. (Obamacare)
If anyone wants to know what happened, watch what Trump did. Brilliance, the market reacted and the fear index was cut in half. Used the NIH director against the Dems, had them ask for the emergency declaration then used it to fix multiple issues. I was fuggin impressed.

Sent from my SM-N950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Sent from my SM-G892A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread